Trask or Allen next year as starting QB?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On paper he may fit, but Franks at 6-5 is slow off the blocks and not particularly elusive as a runner. I won't even begin to get into that throwing motion.

Like Law said, he probably begins the season as starter but is replaced by October, hopefully by an improving Jones.
Look at his HS video before Fatazz and Dumpsterfire got into his head.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The entire offensive approach under Mac was so incredibly feeble that it's hard to tell what anyone, including Franks, was actually capable of doing. Franks looked good in scattered moments here and there, and unbelievably lame in many, many others. The Donkey is right about Franks showing promise in HS, there appeared to be a lot of raw talent there. What might have happened with good coaching and a coherent offensive scheme, structured to minimize his weaknesses while maximizing his strengths, will never be known. This entire era of UF FB has been a nightmare of bungling and misuse of what talent we did have. Whether or not all of the damage done by the bunch of idiots masquerading as UF's coaching staff can be undone remains to be seen. There may not be any choice but to start over anew with players whose psyches haven't been damaged beyond repair. What a shame that UF football has come to this. As HCs Zook sucked, the chimp sucked worse and Mac sucked hardest of all. The one common denominator? Foley - the King of football suckage.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A slower version of sluggish. I think I'll pass.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Franks is a drop back passer. The team hes throwing to may vary but he's definitely never gonna be a fit in this offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Just a reminder of what he looked like before Dumpsterfire told him never to run and never throw downfield.

Spread fits him so much better.

You guys are fvkking silly some times.

Im not saying he will be great, or even the starter in Nov, but I sure as hell wont be surprised to see a night and day turnaround.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Just a reminder of what he looked like before Dumpsterfire told him never to run and never throw downfield.

Spread fits him so much better.

You guys are fvkking silly some times.

Im not saying he will be great, or even the starter in Nov, but I sure as hell wont be surprised to see a night and day turnaround.

Must have wasted a lot of time photoshopping. Don't know who the QB is, but it is definitely not Franks. I am not that easy to fool, Swonkey.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask is coming off foot surgery. No telling how that recovery will go.

Franks doesn’t have to be a tremendous runner. He just has to make the read and keep the defense honest. He’s not a puss like Leak, so he could take pressure off the RB’s. Can he actually turn his confidence around is the question.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Moving-animated-clip-art-picture-of-pendulum-x-bpm-3.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

He's slow afoot from a standstill and dreadful in the pocket. I went back and looked at his high school film. Same crap as here -- always holding onto the ball until the last moment. He needs a makeover. I hope for the young man's sake, he gets it here. But I'm not holding my breath.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Odd isn't it that in those FF highlights the only players pounding the turf 'cause they felt they should have caught FF's passes were opposing DBs, not Gator WRs.??

PS>> Franks might develop and be developed in DM's system.?? He will certainly gain in confidence in his abilities.

Last edited:

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Franks had no coaching in HS and college. Who knows if with proper coaching if FF will look better. We will know more come April. One thing we will have is actual competition at every position. Hopefully EJ will push FF and in turn make us better at the QB position. Again, we will see how things shake out in April.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks has some mobility but I don't think he will do good in Mullen's system. I bet the new QB is starting by mid season.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If we're lucky and get our early season tune-ups in, much could be revealed right there. My attitude, right or wrong, is that if a "tie" between the two is the result early on, the nod should go to Jones. If he can come in and compete on an even footing with Franks, right off the bat, then I think he's the man. If Franks shows real growth due to real, no BS coaching, and actually outplays Jones by any significant degree, he will get my full support. That may not be entirely fair to a kid who has been here for while, but life ain't fair and the object of the game is to win. Win honorably, but to win none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.