Trask or Allen next year as starting QB?

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Trask has the build and put 15 lbs on Frank's and he's 6'6 240 lbs. If I remember correctly didn't Trask break a few long runs in his first O & B game against the 1st string D? Going to be interesting this off season to see what develops. Franks is probably our best shot as far as game experience goes. No matter how you look at it this is a pretty scary situation we have at QB once again.
Go Gators!!!

Pretty sure that wasn't the first string D. My guess is our 2018 starting QB isn't on the roster right now. Let's not forget about another grad transfer either. Might be someone out there we bring in May.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who thinks Trash is going to be wasting a UF scholarship in the spring is insane.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's hilarious to read the "logic" behind some of the posts here. Frankly, we don't have a single quarterback on the roster who's anywhere near ready to run Mullen's offense. I hope the rest of you are ready to adjust your expectations for 2018.
What expectations?

We'll land a good one in this class and they will start next season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont have hate for the kid. I accurately assess fvkking HS backup who is wasting a scholarship. Div 3 backup at best.

Sign O The Times, I guess, but just further evidence of what a shyt team we have become.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For a kid who's never taken a single college snap, he's created an awfully big stir.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't had a 'I don't lose' QB, since Tebow... and in my lifetime watching Gator football, one other, Danny, well Kerwin is probably sniffing around that cred too. Anyway, if we don't scarf up a real deal QB during the off-season, I can't help feel our QBs will at least get more coaching continuity and some head in the game insight and plays flowing with better purpose. I'm going to fantasize a bit this spring and summer because I'm sick of no hope and undeserved raises of past years. Here's to the first year of Mullen Ball showing me the Gators are physically stronger and the team's mindset is back to a 'can do' attitude... you know, really playing better at the end of season. If not, I'll piss, spit, moan and be disappointed again. :fistbump:

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't had a 'I don't lose' QB, since Tebow... and in my lifetime watching Gator football, one other, Danny, well Kerwin is probably sniffing around that cred too. Anyway, if we don't scarf up a real deal QB during the off-season, I can't help feel our QBs will at least get more coaching continuity and some head in the game insight and plays flowing with better purpose. I'm going to fantasize a bit this spring and summer because I'm sick of no hope and undeserved raises of past years. Here's to the first year of Mullen Ball showing me the Gators are physically stronger and the team's mindset is back to a 'can do' attitude... you know, really playing better at the end of season. If not, I'll piss, spit, moan and be disappointed again. :fistbump:

Rex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's to the first year of Mullen Ball showing me the Gators are physically stronger and the team's mindset is back to a 'can do' attitude...
I do fully expect that the ones who survive the spring and play in the fall will be much tougher than the lazy, soft things we have been putting on the field.

We will have many kids quit. There is a lot of quit in these kids.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

...when I snap my fingers Rex, you will awaken and be all in for the new cause :lol3:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Whoever wins the open competition that I expect, including any freshmen who might arrive. I also expect the new s and c coach to improve them both physically and in leadership. Learn the new play book, work with the team in the off season and be ready to compete. Same with the defense.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mullen is a SEC-seasoned football head ball coach who doesn't need OJT to learn the job. That in itself is a huge upgrade from the popcorn salesman. Just how good he is we'll find out - he'll be better than the joke of a staff we just got rid of. Not looking for championships next year but down the road - yeah. 2018 we start looking like the Florida Gators again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to be tunnel-envisioned dispair to believe Mullen offers an inflexible one-style offense. Surely some of Mullen's play-schemes coincide with some of Spurrier's play-schemes. If, in practice, his QBs succeed at a higher % executing those plays, then that will "draw" Mullen's style of offense more in that direction. In fact, one of you connected guys ought to whisper to all our QBs, after every QB run where they get hit, they should get up slowly as if hurt each time. After 2 QBs limped to sit out, maybe Mullen will have an epiphany?

However, I think having "preached-against" QB-running has stopped many a Gator drive in our immediate past. Many a team's QB taking off running has made their offense more "unstoppable", allowed that team to score more points.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to be tunnel-envisioned dispair to believe Mullen offers an inflexible one-style offense.
by tunnel envisiond despair, you mean some of us actually watch football and know what mullinz football is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator