Recruiting Trask to enroll early

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He wasnt a two star, he was a three star.

Im not certain we have ever taken another two star or unrated player.

Wasn't Murphy a 2* QB when we "stole" him from Temple? He didn't do a lot, but he DID keep the streak alive vs ut and uk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shane Matthews
Shane was All State. He was around before the ratings so Im not sure why you bring him up.

He sure as hell wasnt a high school backup QB.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If you saw a weak arm in those clips you must be watching them drunk. :crazy: He has a good arm. That shows up on his game tape and in the clips above.

His footwork and mechanics are light years ahead of Franks. That alone will require Franks to redshirt, most likely anyway. This kid isn't Morningwood or Treon. He has the physical ability to play at a high level in the SEC. It comes down to what is between the ears. I absolutely love his release point. It is easy to see what Mac sees in the kid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I This kid isn't Morningwood or Treon. He has the physical ability to play at a high level in the SEC.
:rotfl: Jeebus freaking rice! Are you stoned? Morningwood and Treon STARTED in high school.

You think this guy doesnt have the ability to PLAY in HS but he has the abilty to play at a high level IN THE SEC????????????

He wasnt even one Houston Baptist Seminary's top picks. This would be an bad offer for Georgia State or FIU.

You people are delusional.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
:rotfl: Jeebus freaking rice! Are you stoned? Morningwood and Treon STARTED in high school.

You think this guy doesnt have the ability to PLAY in HS but he has the abilty to play at a high level IN THE SEC????????????

He wasnt even one Houston Baptist Seminary's top picks. This would be an bad offer for Georgia State or FIU.

So throwing the ball 40 yards on a frozen rope off his back foot isn't good enough to play in the SEC? I think you missed the part where I was strictly referring to his physical ability to throw the football. The kid may be a walking SpongeBob. We will find out.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Im not positive but it sounds like you are saying you know better than our staff and they are a bunch of idiots. I dont have a clue if this guy will ever see the field but just watching him throw, he is MUCH more accurate than our current guy and can see the field better.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I was thinking....yeah scared me too. What if all we do is move him back a couple of yards in the shotgun....like SOS in the NCG. Think about it. Gives him a second or two more to make his reads and allows him to see the filed a little better. However if he were to sit I wouldn't be mad at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What can be said about Trask is that he played for a spread option type team. The first string QB is going to TCU as a 3* ATH. In the limited action he has seen, he has been very efficient. He has 0 Int over the last 2 seasons. I have no idea why he didn't attend another HS. He looks to have some upside, but he also looks very thin. It will be a couple years before he is physically ready to play. He appears to be pretty accurate and throws a catchable ball. How he translates to the SEC is anyone's guess, but it'll be hard for him to see the field with the QB's Mac will be going after.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, no, no. Its not that complicated. Just remember, only an idiot looks at scouts. Simple?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Jun.

Are you aware that Kay Stephenson couldn't start here at UF, but did start in the NFL? Had a better career than Steve. Flawed logic.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a nice piece on Rivals vs the others:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/ranking_the_rankers_revisiting.html

On the one hand, nine of the past 12 teams to finish No. 1 in Rivals.com's rankings played for the national title within three years, and seven won the title. The only Rivals No. 1s not to play for the title within three years were USC in 2006 and 2010. Alabama is still within a three-year window from its No. 1 recruiting ranking in 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.