Recruiting Trask to enroll early

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't we at least wait to see if/how he plays before bashing him? Mac and co have guys on staff with the sole purpose of scouting players and watching film. Who knows what this kid may turn into, but if Mac likes him I will give him a chance.
Sorry. I have high standards and prefer that we recruit players who are actually good enough to play on their high school team.

My bad.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right now we need someone that can fit the bill of a QB. One that is tall enough to see over the line, complete a pass, and somewhat run an offense. And most of all need QB's and competition. Right now it appears we have none of that. Bring yo' azz on in Trask. Now hit the weight room.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry. I have high standards and prefer that we recruit players who are actually good enough to play on their high school team.

My bad.

Not every school has a Qb committed to TCU on it either. If this kid were like 99% of the kids he would have transferred. Don't know why he didn't but it seemed to work out.

Funny you are fine with giving Del Rio a shot when he has transferred twice because he couldn't start....

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine what 2* QB Paxton Lynch would have done in Mac's system.

You mean the 2 star that threw 10 TDs and 10 Ints his senior year? That guy?

I'm sure everybody would have had an open mind with that one

:bwahaha:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have an issue with Trask now that we have Franks. For an offensive wizard and a QB guru like Mac to take a flyer on some under the radar kids tell me that he likes what he sees. That should be the exception though. Not the rule.

Btw we have some really good WRs in this class.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Good thing he is enrolling early. It puts my mind to rest. I was worried we'd lose him the mighty Lamar Cardinals.

By the way, 2 services have him rated a 3 star with ESPN rating him a 77. FYI, ESPN rated Callaway an 80. One never knows I guess. In truth, he has talent. In the end, how well he processes information will determine how good he becomes. That isn't something a recruiting service can scout.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing he is enrolling early. It puts my mind to rest. I was worried we'd lose him the mighty Lamar Cardinals.

By the way, 2 services have him rated a 3 star with ESPN rating him a 77. FYI, ESPN rated Callaway an 80. One never knows I guess. In truth, he has talent. In the end, how well he processes information will determine how good he becomes. That isn't something a recruiting service can scout.

Good point. How many HS football players are there? About 100K? Can't scout 'em all.

Trask came to a camp. That's where he caught Mac's eye.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Twinkle twinkle 2 star guy
Law don't think you can hit a fly
Down the depth chart, noodle arm
Tastes so good that chicken parm
Twinkle twinkle bad recruit
Your future is a fast food suit.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Good point. How many HS football players are there? About 100K? Can't scout 'em all.

Trask came to a camp. That's where he caught Mac's eye.

Kyle likes to camp.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kyle likes to camp.

First, I love the fact that I can play all 3 of those at the same time, and have no lag whatsoever :yes:

When he throws, he makes the ball look heavy, like he's throwing a 25 lb weight lol

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He throws a knuckle ball!

G8RNTN

Proud Gator on RockyNot
Sep 25, 2015
Looks like a weak arm, throws a duck. Not impressed, actual game tape would be better then these drills and two hand touch crap.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Kind of hard to get too excited by this film, his two star rating and the fact he was a backup in HS. But I guess we shall see.

Seems to me if he were ever to be useful, it would be after a full redshirt and two years of riding the pine, after which he can gain some strength and get coached up. Of course you really don't know what he can do game time until you see him play.

Fatdog 2.0?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great. Ever since the Clawfeet brothers graduated we've been dangerously thin at Long Snapper.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine what 2* QB Paxton Lynch would have done in Mac's system.
He wasnt a two star, he was a three star.

Im not certain we have ever taken another two star or unrated player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.