Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
First, I love the fact that I can play all 3 of those at the same time, and have no lag whatsoever :yes:

When he throws, he makes the ball look heavy, like he's throwing a 25 lb weight lol
He actually reminds me a little of Peyton Manning (before his neck fell off). PM never had the strongest arm, is about the same size as this kid, similar foot work. I have no idea if he has any of Manning's game smarts or accuracy but there are worse QB's you could be compared to. Of course Morningwood looked a lot like Danny Wuerful in his film so...yeah.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Next year I hope our coaches only offer 4 and 5 star guys. And when we have a class of 12 people, you all can cry about our lack of depth and how you miss when we could hold a spring game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and how a lot of the same comments knocking him were the same as the ones knocking Paxton Lynch when we were recruiting him.
I don't remember there being any comments about Paxton Lynch except maybe something about it being between him vs. Mweg.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason they don't give kickers high stars - .
They do the same thing with Fullbacks, Guards, Dual Threat QBs. They seem to weigh into account how much they think each position will affect the game or some other silly excuse. Even the best fullback or kicker will often be 2 stars.

malo

Founding Member
Daily observer
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying that wobble is a good sign, but Spurrier's passes definitely wobbled and I think Danny's did as well.
Then we watched Frank's, and he said That's what we need. ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't remember there being any comments about Paxton Lynch except maybe something about it being between him vs. Mweg.
I do.

Small school, no passing yards on resume, too skinny, nobody else wants him why should we, ....yada ,yada,yada.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just watched Trask's Sr. season highlights. We may have gotten a steal. Not that he'll start or anything like that, but I think he will end up being a very serviceable back up. While I'm not a scout or anything close, I was able to notice the following....

Good arm strength. Not a frozen rope guy, but is capable of throwing the ball 55 yds in the air.
Quick release. Again, not a Grier type release, but it gets out quicker than many due to a compact motion.
Footwork. Not sure about all the details of proper footwork, but he's always on his toes and moving his feet.
Quick decision making? The decisions were made quick. Could be a 1st read guy or good at pre snap reads. Hard to say.
Good decisions? Zero picks in his limited action.
Sure they are highlights, but he seems pretty accurate and his completion percentage backs it up. 70% if I remember correct
Good size. 6'4 230lbs, and decent athlete for that size.

I know most are hopeful at best, and that many thought it was a wasted scholly. I think he's actually going to grow into quality depth over the next couple years. If his quick decisions are due to pre snap reads, he may get some PT.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only problem I see with his video is they are ahead in the game and that's why he was in the game. Kinda like the Johnny Brantley experience up to 2010. He looked great as a backup to Timmy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just watched Trask's Sr. season highlights. We may have gotten a steal. Not that he'll start or anything like that, but I think he will end up being a very serviceable back up. While I'm not a scout or anything close, I was able to notice the following....

Good arm strength. Not a frozen rope guy, but is capable of throwing the ball 55 yds in the air.
Quick release. Again, not a Grier type release, but it gets out quicker than many due to a compact motion.
Footwork. Not sure about all the details of proper footwork, but he's always on his toes and moving his feet.
Quick decision making? The decisions were made quick. Could be a 1st read guy or good at pre snap reads. Hard to say.
Good decisions? Zero picks in his limited action.
Sure they are highlights, but he seems pretty accurate and his completion percentage backs it up. 70% if I remember correct
Good size. 6'4 230lbs, and decent athlete for that size.

I know most are hopeful at best, and that many thought it was a wasted scholly. I think he's actually going to grow into quality depth over the next couple years. If his quick decisions are due to pre snap reads, he may get some PT.
When he finally got in they were already up 60. I looked at his stats every week on gatorcountry and he never saw the field unless it was a 60-70 point blow out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.