Truth Takes: 2021 Season Preview

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Of all the "things" we could eliminate to make us better (Grantham) -- Homerism is not one of them.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
After the last decade, I still can’t believe how many of you get your hopes up for anything more than about 8-4.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Excitement builds as game time approaches.
On a scale of 1-10, my excitement is at 0.0.

Worse than 2104 even bc then I knew that Fooley's monkey was getting fired in a few weeks, and there was the joyous sound of Fire Muschamp ringing through the stadium.

Cant wait for Fire Mullinz.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Worse than 2104 even bc then I knew that Fooley's monkey was getting fired in a few weeks, and there was the joyous sound of Fire Muschamp ringing through the stadium.

How the Fuchtard stold football season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

For me the worst was 2017, we knew Butters was getting canned, then the credit card issue right before the season... talk about walking into a season, knowing your gonna get railed like J when the ships come to port or urg when it's snow white has a headache.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know there's a 99.9999999999999999999999999% chance it doesn't happen, but if we did beat Alabama then I'd get "excited" about the rest of the season. But the good thing, I don't have to worry about that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For me the worst was 2017, we knew Butters was getting canned, then the credit card issue right before the season... talk about walking into a season, knowing your gonna get railed like J when the ships come to port or urg when it's snow white has a headache.

Both 2014 and 2017 were really bad offseasons. I'm actually excited for this season because it's make or break time. That's why I don't share a lot of the pessimism. One way or another, even the most anti-Mullen crowd will have something to be happy about. I simply don't see enough on the talent/recruiting side to sustain things unless this staff is somehow better than we think at recognizing and maximizing what we do have. As I've said, UF just isn't the type of place where you can get to 10 wins without trying. Sooner or later(maybe 2022) we'll be officially looking up to uga, Lsu and the noles, with ut and a floating West team being possibilities as well. I know many here think we already have answers regarding Mullen, and that's fine. But this year really tells everyone what we actually have. There's zero reason to be any less than 10-2, and the only reasons the most extreme sunshine people may provide are largely self-inflicted at this point. So again, should be an exciting season in some capacity.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Both 2014 and 2017 were really bad offseasons. I'm actually excited for this season because it's make or break time. That's why I don't share a lot of the pessimism. One way or another, even the most anti-Mullen crowd will have something to be happy about. I simply don't see enough on the talent/recruiting side to sustain things unless this staff is somehow better than we think at recognizing and maximizing what we do have. As I've said, UF just isn't the type of place where you can get to 10 wins without trying. Sooner or later(maybe 2022) we'll be officially looking up to uga, Lsu and the noles, with ut and a floating West team being possibilities as well. I know many here think we already have answers regarding Mullen, and that's fine. But this year really tells everyone what we actually have. There's zero reason to be any less than 10-2, and the only reasons the most extreme sunshine people may provide are largely self-inflicted at this point. So again, should be an exciting season in some capacity.

I expect a 2 loss season with no SEC Championship game appearance. Anything more than that is gravy, and anything less should be a reason we are looking for other leadership. So far this staff's best performance was 2019... which they squandered in Jacksonville.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Its going to be awesome taking that 7th ranked talented team to the peach bowl later this year.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'm more excited this year than any of the muschamp and butters years. I know contrary to what donkey says Mullen has actually improved the offense drastically from the last 2 bums.

I don't think the offensive production is gonna fall off no where near as much as you guys think. Hell all of last off season the same fuchers was telling us it's going to shyt because we lost Perine and all the wide outs. 2020 only got better. The passing offense will decline some but I'm willing to bet we average more points per game this year vs. last because the easier overall schedule.

Have no idea what to expect from the defense, one for sure positive is there's no way possible it can be any worse than last year so that leaves a whole lotta room for improvement.

I think we lose to bama and one other, probably at LSU. The combination of uga's lack of healthy wideouts, losing 7 or 8 db's this offseason and muschamp now roaming the sidelines I see Mullen embarrassing them again. Last year uga fans were still all in on Kirby, it's completely different this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know there's a 99.9999999999999999999999999% chance it doesn't happen, but if we did beat Alabama then I'd get "excited" about the rest of the season. But the good thing, I don't have to worry about that.
If we did win that game, we'd follow it soon after by an embarrassing loss against an inferior opponent, b/c thats how mullenz rolls. Even when he's gift wrapped a golden opportunity, he finds a way to squander it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If we did win that game, we'd follow it soon after by an embarrassing loss against an inferior opponent, b/c thats how mullenz rolls. Even when he's gift wrapped a golden opportunity, he finds a way to squander it.

That's likely true - the classic "let down" game. Mullen doesn't have the experience to avoid a let down, unlike a seasoned veteran coach like Saban who has his team ready to play no matter the opponent or the situation. Even Orgeron had his 2019 LSU team ready week in and week out, no let downs. I could see us beating Bama and losing to Tennessee the next week while sitting out Elam, Cox, & Copeland for no apparent reason except to avoid injury. Mullen is a 10+ years SEC head coach that makes rookie mistakes every single year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's likely true - the classic "let down" game. Mullen doesn't have the experience to avoid a let down, unlike a seasoned veteran coach like Saban who has his team ready to play no matter the opponent or the situation. Even Orgeron had his 2019 LSU team ready week in and week out, no let downs. I could see us beating Bama and losing to Tennessee the next week while sitting out Elam, Cox, & Copeland for no apparent reason except to avoid injury. Mullen is a 10+ years SEC head coach that makes rookie mistakes every single year.
They arent rookie mistakes for mullen, they are who he is. 10+ years of SEC HC experience says so. He's either incapable of learning from mistakes, or incapable of recognizing them as such. Either way it means on the off chance we have a potential contender team on our hands, it will still end up like last year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I expect a 2 loss season with no SEC Championship game appearance. Anything more than that is gravy, and anything less should be a reason we are looking for other leadership. So far this staff's best performance was 2019... which they squandered in Jacksonville.

This. And almost as if I could sense it coming, I had too much that day and was angry the whole game. The wristbands thing didn't even come out until the following week, but from the opening drive we looked like a uga did in this game much of '90-2010. Unprepared, unorganized, little energy, defeated. Not sure I can remember a game that upset me as much as that one, including Lsu last year.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Not sure I can remember a game that upset me as much as that one, including Lsu last year.

This 2019 ankle biter game was it for me on moving from "I'm doubtful but hopeful with Mullen and things do seem like they are improving" to being full on "he must go" mode. I know others saw improvement, but I saw him defending awful unorganized 3rd and long that the dwags converted nearly every time.

But, worse, we saw the first signs of what was to come in the end of 2020 and the Cotton Bowl. The Hunchback of Thumb Wrestling showed himself like every heel to have low competitive constitution. He was obviously running the clock out down 14 points (and with a great passing QB in Trask, WR's so good we thought we couldn't recover in 2020, and Pitts). It was as gross as it was obvious. Then, in the post-game he bragged about being only 7 points away. He bragged because that was exactly what he was playing for on his 7 Fuchsing minute drive down 14 with only 10 minutes to play.

Of course, we also gave up back to back 3rd & 7's when the nutlickers got the ball back. Captain Carpal Tunnel retained that defensive coordinator, leading to last years defensive catastrophe.

Again, barring an SEC championship last year or this, that showing and those intentional decisions gave us all the window we needed into what Mullen brought to UF.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
My expectations have never been lower. Dan lost me with last years LSU game. I’ve seen nothing from EJ to make me think he’ll be anything but one dimensional. The O-Line still looks like a liability. Grantham is still the DC. So, we have a head coach that doesn’t get his team prepared to play, an inexperienced, one dimensional QB playing behind a questionable O-line and a soft, unreliable D. I’m expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator