Tuesday Favorites....Let's talk shoes

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Thanks for the very informative and comprehensive info! Been looking for shoes for the missus and I think you just sold me!
Ladies love OC....that I know for sure. One thing they like is the color choices. OC uses a lot of fashion colors as well as core black, white, grey. And the fashion colors are typically subtle or subdued---pastels and light. I'm sure OC has some of the really bright colors available but I've personally not seen any of those--just light pastels.(I mention the bright colors because most running shoe brands offer colors that scream HELLO when you see them. Mostly the younger women drift towards them--mature ladies prefer pastels).

Not telling you anything you don't already know here, but colors on shoes....mean a LOT to most women. Us guys--not as big a deal. "Got this in a navy blue? No? Give me whatever you got"....and out the door we go. Women---nope. It has GOT to match something they wear. Or they will buy something that matches the shoes. Either way, women never buy JUST a pair of shoes so be ready for some new apparel, socks, etc to match and bring out your credit card.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
This thread definitely has the ghey...

In full disclosure, my Hoka's are arriving today. This will be my first foray departing from my mandals in favor of the ghey. I bought them because I'm going to the President's tailgate this weekend as my daughter's "+1" and even I know that my mandals (and especially my f'd up by boots for 35 years feet) would not be welcome...

I suspect this is how one rationalizes "the ghey" with oneself.
Hokas are great shoes too. Probably between those two brands, Hoka and On--top 2 hottest selling shoes on the shelf. I know a lot of folks who have switched to these two brands over the last few years. Comfort is the most common reason.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ladies love OC....that I know for sure. One thing they like is the color choices. OC uses a lot of fashion colors as well as core black, white, grey. And the fashion colors are typically subtle or subdued---pastels and light. I'm sure OC has some of the really bright colors available but I've personally not seen any of those--just light pastels.(I mention the bright colors because most running shoe brands offer colors that scream HELLO when you see them. Mostly the younger women drift towards them--mature ladies prefer pastels).

Not telling you anything you don't already know here, but colors on shoes....mean a LOT to most women. Us guys--not as big a deal. "Got this in a navy blue? No? Give me whatever you got"....and out the door we go. Women---nope. It has GOT to match something they wear. Or they will buy something that matches the shoes. Either way, women never buy JUST a pair of shoes so be ready for some new apparel, socks, etc to match and bring out your credit card.
Absolutely correct about women and colors. A lesson I had to learn the hard way!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I am wearing a pair of black Hokas as I type this. They are very comfortable but for my worn out feet they can't hold out to a long, brisk walk. I have a pair of Asics that are actually more comfortable than the Hokas. I plan on taking them to Kauai next week to do my long walks in each day. They really feel great and the look isn't bad either...

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
They're just shoes. I'm barefoot at the moment. I never leave the house. I have boots, flip flops, and indoor tennis shoes.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
College Football GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hokas are great shoes too. Probably between those two brands, Hoka and On--top 2 hottest selling shoes on the shelf. I know a lot of folks who have switched to these two brands over the last few years. Comfort is the most common reason.

Thanks for the info. I was tempted to buy a pair of OC’s. The problem is I’ve always hated fads and cliches. It’s like the “hard part” cut. My hair girl asks me if I want it and my first thought is I’d rather she just cut off my left arm. So when I go anywhere, and literally every person there has them, including people who clearly do not even run, I can’t bring myself to do it. The again, I noticed Fetterman wearing Hokas(what I wear) and now Nalt apparently owns them as well. So I may just go barefoot from now on.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As for non athletic, I recently purchased a pair of Travis Matthew shoes that are typically centered around golf. I actually don’t golf much, but needed something new for the games after my drivers from 2005 just couldn’t make it any more. I like them and we’re 3-0 when I’m wearing them. If we lose Saturday, I fully expect to bust out the saddle soap and try to go back to them though. :lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the info. I was tempted to buy a pair of OC’s. The problem is I’ve always hated fads and cliches. It’s like the “hard part” cut. My hair girl asks me if I want it and my first thought is I’d rather she just cut off my left arm. So when I go anywhere, and literally every person there has them, including people who clearly do not even run, I can’t bring myself to do it. The again, I noticed Fetterman wearing Hokas(what I wear) and now Nalt apparently owns them as well. So I may just go barefoot from now on.
I hear the Hokas are better when accessorizing with Carharrt

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
shoes............this place gets more estrogen infused each day. I have a used pair of black sketchers............my buddy has that awful foot thing and is always trying new ones to help. I get the cast offs ........

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
shoes............this place gets more estrogen infused each day. I have a used pair of black sketchers............my buddy has that awful foot thing and is always trying new ones to help. I get the cast offs ........

You accuse others of being infused with estrogen, then announce your wear Sketchers?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You accuse others of being infused with estrogen, then announce your wear Sketchers?
i didnt pay for them.........as a man that wore some sort of athletic shoe for 40 yrs in his job I can say honestly they are as good (better than) Nike or New Balance. And last as long. I wore out many a tennis shoe as we always called them. And i always miss the announcements about what is gay on this day. Sort of like pub today rino tomorrow........world moves to fast for this retiree..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator