Tuesday Favorites....Let's talk shoes

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i didnt pay for them.........as a man that wore some sort of athletic shoe for 40 yrs in his job I can say honestly they are as good (better than) Nike or New Balance. And last as long. I wore out many a tennis shoe as we always called them. And i always miss the announcements about what is gay on this day. Sort of like pub today rino tomorrow........world moves to fast for this retiree..........

We know Coach, we know.

iu

iu

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
i didnt pay for them.........as a man that wore some sort of athletic shoe for 40 yrs in his job I can say honestly they are as good (better than) Nike or New Balance. And last as long. I wore out many a tennis shoe as we always called them. And i always miss the announcements about what is gay on this day. Sort of like pub today rino tomorrow........world moves to fast for this retiree..........

I haven’t worn Nikes in probably 20+ years, but I can say their youth shoes are complete garbage. We stopped buying them because of how bad the quality was. We’ve not tried NB.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I haven’t worn Nikes in probably 20+ years, but I can say their youth shoes are complete garbage. We stopped buying them because of how bad the quality was. We’ve not tried NB.
New Balance a better made shoe than Nike IMO. Overall but there are some exceptions albeit rarely.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I have a pair of Nike orange and blue shoes that I love but I can tell they aren’t good for my feet/knees.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I have a pair of Nike orange and blue shoes that I love but I can tell they aren’t good for my feet/knees.
:scratchchin:Orange.....blue....not good for feet. Maybe some pain. But....still love them.

I rest my case. Colors on shoes mean MORE than a LOT to women. It means everything.

:lol2:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I will know I have hit financial rock-bottom when I start wearing previously owned and used shoes.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
i thought it was common knowledge what school teachers made. My dress shoes came from a garage sale. Nice ones I still wear about once a year. The sketchers were hardly used. He realized early on they didnt fix his neuropathy..........

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I will know I have hit financial rock-bottom when I start wearing previously owned and used shoes.

I wouldn’t entirely rule out wearing someone else’s already worn shoes. Especially if mine were starting to get holes in them. Plus if the Germans were getting close and I really just needed to get back to the foxhole before it started snowing again.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I wouldn’t entirely rule out wearing someone else’s already worn shoes. Especially if mine were starting to get holes in them. Plus if the Germans were getting close and I really just needed to get back to the foxhole before it started snowing again.
I have to confess that I had not considered being in that situation. I’ll make an addendum.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
No worry about me getting any---I just thought it was a joke. What I am gonna do is call a few accounts of mine(family shoe stores) this next week to see what they are saying. And to see how heavy they might have gone into them. Wholesale orders likely had to be placed back in the spring for these and I'm curious if the retailers went in deep or preferred to go light, and then chase product if it were to take off. I've seen so many times before when a new piece came out for pre-booking order that dealers, reps, buyers, etc--everyone--thought the product flat out sucked and was going to bomb, yet when they made it on the rack they blew out.

I view these boots as a joke, but would not be surprised in the least for them to be a hit at Holiday.

Whoa....I might retract the potential "hit" these may be now that I saw the price: $120.00/pair!! You gotta be chitting me. The landed cost on those can NOT be any more than $10.00-15.00 per pair! And that is generous--likely half that price considering the material. They're friggin practically injection molded. That translates into "super cheap to make". Crocs should be ashamed of themselves at that price.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’m trading in my mandals for a pair of Crocs… cowboy boots… WITH SPURS!!!!
IMG_0565.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator