God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
ECxgK_8XoAQR-21.jpg:large

ECxpXs1XsAAbbrg.jpg

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
One of the main reasons I can’t stand them tbh...that whole culture down there is garbage

ProcrastiGATOR

2019 GatorChatter March Madness Bracket CHAMPION!
Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2015
Its just a ploy to get the players 5 seconds of fame with their helmet off. Which constitutes what i call "Swag-Motivation"

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
It's safe to say if the Gators ever resort to this kind of embarrassing shyt I'll just give up watching football all together. My God that over the top look at me my fat ass fell on a fumble nonsense was terrible.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Saw them with some hammer too, before they ran out of the tunnel.

I hate props. Give me wins.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, it's terrible. Everyone knows or works with someone who tries way too hard to be cool, and insists on maintaining extremely old styles. That is the miami hurricanes football program in a nutshell. The whole thing is so embarrassing.

An interesting stat I heard when rewatching last night was that despite having such a ridiculous amount of turnovers last year, their points-off-turnovers was really low. I'm not saying there's a definite correlation, but I wonder if the fact that they celebrate and make such a production of the turnover itself that it takes away from the focus of getting back out there and making an opponent pay for the mistake. Again, no way to prove it, but logic would tell you that simply going to the sidelines and getting your O ready to strike a defense that's having to go in unexpectedly would net better results. They managed 3 points off 4 turnovers Saturday, so the problem is still there.

But I find it funny that Diaz can't take it away at this point because of how big it's become. It's what those guys live for. He's in effect created a monster that is likely costing his team.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, it's terrible. Everyone knows or works with someone who tries way too hard to be cool, and insists on maintaining extremely old styles. That is the miami hurricanes football program in a nutshell. The whole thing is so embarrassing.

An interesting stat I heard when rewatching last night was that despite having such a ridiculous amount of turnovers last year, their points-off-turnovers was really low. I'm not saying there's a definite correlation, but I wonder if the fact that they celebrate and make such a production of the turnover itself that it takes away from the focus of getting back out there and making an opponent pay for the mistake. Again, no way to prove it, but logic would tell you that simply going to the sidelines and getting your O ready to strike a defense that's having to go in unexpectedly would net better results. They managed 3 points off 4 turnovers Saturday, so the problem is still there.

But I find it funny that Diaz can't take it away at this point because of how big it's become. It's what those guys live for. He's in effect created a monster that is likely costing his team.

Diaz's Dad was MAYOR of that fair city...He's a Miami boy...It's a way of life. Remember Jimmy Johnson against Penn State for the NC? PSU wore Blue Sport Coats...The U came in Camo.

I can't think of one SEC Team or campus that is this classless?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Our boys have more Swag based on the logo on their Jersey! I'm not about all the stupid props like the turn over chain or the backpack. I'm old school hand the ball to the ref and act like it's not you're 1st rodeo. I'm all for a quick celebration with your teammates but the props is to much.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

They couldn’t score off turnovers because they had one of the worst offenses in all of football last year.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
During the game, Fowler was talking about how humble one of their players were... and the cameras cut to him on the bench flashing that chain around. :lmao2:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with everything said about this ridiculous stuff but I find it hard to rip them too much given the shenanigans of our idiot QB before, during, and after the game. He would fit right in with the thugs on the other side

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I would bet my life they never win any championships with this **** on the sidelines. Tacky isn't the right word. Trashy, mentally challenged, teenage girls like jewelry that looks this ugly.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's all just UM "exswaggeration". Probly a required course where being low-grade puts you at the head of the no-class.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I was on a neutral college football forum thread watching people comment on the game. Probably 10% of the comments about the game, from neutral fans, were making fun of the stupid turnover chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.