Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't follow recruiting like you all do, so I decided to educate myself. Per Rivals team rankings (which go back to 2002), the average Mississippi State class was ranked #31. Prior to his arrival they ranked 36th, so again Mullen did better than his predecessors. In his four years at Florida we were ranked 15, 2, 1, and 3. Obviously, Urban Meyer gets the most credit as the head guy but is there actually evidence that Mullen can't recruit or are we all just unhappy first and coming up with reasons second? Sounds like everyone is just in the mood to *****.
Get an avatar or be assigned one you won't like. You have 60 minutes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seven million would bring Vince Lombardi back from the dead to take that deal. Yeah, he made a business decision. What is your point. My point is this is a panic hire with other more innovative offensive minds out there for the picking. Now I get to watch a retro 70's plodder offense pop warner coaches can read. I may be a Gator through and through but that doesn't mean I have to drink the kool aide without thinking about the consequences of the hire. Like I said before the message board rules don't say I have to like a damn thing. I"m here to speak my mind and not call ANYONE out for speaking theirs.

All the good college offenses are retro. You didn't notice?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Spurrier was also in the east. Again, I hate the hire but understand it because we're unable to attract the best out there. It says a lot about where the state of the program is.
And maybe he lifts our program so that, with the new facilities, the next hire is a home run. Best I can do.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well no cr@p Tim loves him, he let Tim do whatever he wanted and never made him learn how to throw since that was not really ever part of the offense. So, duh......
Yeah Tim only threw for over 9,000 yards 88 TD to 16 INT during his career at UF. In the 2 years starting with Mullen he threw 32 and 30 TD and dropped to 21 as a SR after Mullen left. But yeah we never threw the ball

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen knows Florida. That has to be a positive. He knows the situation here and where we can improve as program I would think. Go gators!

Big question is do Florida high school coaches remember him and do they still think he is a total a$$-h01e?? If he cannot win the high school coaches in Florida over with that sparkling personality, then his tenure will be short and expensive.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Well no cr@p Tim loves him, he let Tim do whatever he wanted and never made him learn how to throw since that was not really ever part of the offense. So, duh......

If a coach has a horse like Tebow he isn’t going to try and break him. There was so much more to Tebow than just throwing the ball. Albeit he made his share of passes in college. More importantly he raised the level of play all around.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
For all those worried about the 108th passing attack, look back before Fitzgerald. They actually had a more balanced attack with the edge going to the passing game. With Dak they were throwing over 300+ yards per game.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
OK, Ive had some time to think about this and Im on board with Mullen. What hes done and where he has done it is pretty impressive. Every year Miss St nearly beats or beats Bama, when was the last time we can say we did that? Oh yea, when he was running the UF offense. Lets take a step back and look at our options.....we whiffed on and/or walked away from Kelly for whatever reason, if we are offering 7 million for Mullen we had to be in the 5-6 range for CK and he took much less with the Cali state tax multiplier, that to me doesnt scream CK deciding. Frost was never going anywhere else but Nebraska, whats available after that, Norvell, another crap conference coach...no thanks.

Yes sir.. folks complain about his recruiting in Mississippi... Let's think about that for 2 seconds. Hey 18 years old 5 star. Ya wanna come to Mississippi state.... Q What's their? A the school and ahh ahhh ahhh cotton fields. Kids says thanks but No thanks

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If a coach has a horse like Tebow he isn’t going to try and break him. There was so much more to Tebow than just throwing the ball. Albeit he made his share of passes in college. More importantly he raised the level of play all around.

I am not denying any of that, but one should not use Tim's tweet is the be-all, end-all endorsement. He loves the guy because he did NOT develop him and just let him be Tim.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Big question is do Florida high school coaches remember him and do they still think he is a total a$$-h01e?? If he cannot win the high school coaches in Florida over with that sparkling personality, then his tenure will be short and expensive.

Good point. He only has two from Fla on his roster

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I am not denying any of that, but one should not use Tim's tweet is the be-all, end-all endorsement. He loves the guy because he did NOT develop him and just let him be Tim.

I am not. I was posting quotes of support mostly showing how everyone has stepped into line with this hire. Unlike with Butters! Mullen was down my list. But he is my coach now.

Go Gators!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I give you that there seems to of been better choices. I don't understand the sudden choice. But I totally disagree with the venom and hate that is being spewed here and the assertion that he can't win here.
**** him

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
Now this is just dumb....we could top 9 wins next year. With good QB play we could even win it all!!!!
lol...you are funny. I am not just putting LOL there as a quick response.....I seriously did Laugh Out Loud when I read your comment. You need to stick to basketball. I think we may agree there. hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator