UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree with the firings, the timing is odd.....almost as if he is sabotaging his own recruiting class
Sadly timing has nothing to do with it anymore. It’s not like the past when a recruit signed he was locked in. They can leave for any reason at anytime. Getting rid of the coach now gives them a chance to get them back before signing day. Again not that matters but hopefully the new coach can get guys to recommit.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
McCrays recruiters were Spencer and Petersen. So Mike’s next? ;)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Now do the OL coaches and Strength coach.

The staff not having to deal with a crappy bowl game leaves them time to circle the wagons on the recruiting front and the transfer portal.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If they are fired right now, then that could (should) mean replacement hires will happen well before Dec. signing day. I hope so anyway.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If they are fired right now, then that could (should) mean replacement hires will happen well before Dec. signing day. I hope so anyway.

Either way, our highest rated recruit who was down to us and fsu had SS as his primary recruiter, and our 5* safety has already been planning back up options to in-state Texas. The likelihood of any new coach keeping these kids in the fold is pretty minimal. I’m moving my prediction to Top-15.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Napier fires our OC and QB coach.
Meme Reaction GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

As was pointed out, our secondary was made to look terrible because QBs had all day. And that, according to Napier, was due to young guys and part of the rebuild. So freshmen like Colins, McClellan and Norman would theoretically be much improved next go around. He’s going 180 against his whole defense this year and last, while in the process directly working against his lone positive which is recruiting. It’s a stupid move that all but seals his fate if we lose some of our young defensive stars, current or incoming.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In all honesty, fire sooner rather than later. ESD or any other signing day means nothing. Even if a guy signs he can get out of it with no problem and be playing somewhere else immediately. From what I have seen, good player or not, under these bozos, they would be out of position or have poor technique!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is so retarded. This is all temporary anyhow. He can hire and fire anybody he wants. He'll be fired mid October next year

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It just blows my mind that the uaa would invest more money into billy Napier though

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.