UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if there was bad chemistry between Armstrong and these 2 coaches?
I would say both those coaches were well established and probably brought the resulting egos. Imo, the defense lacked a team mentality. Getting in Hambones own guys will help.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if there was bad chemistry between Armstrong and these 2 coaches?
:scratchchin: Sometimes it can be difficult, if not impossible, to expect older coaches to both mesh with and work under the direction of a younger coach who has been hired as their superior. Not that these terminations weren’t without merit, but there’s the possibility that it creates other issues that will only intensify the fire that’s already been lit. What a potential mess…

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:scratchchin: Sometimes it can be difficult, if not impossible, to expect older coaches to both mesh with and work under the direction of a younger coach who has been hired as their superior. Not that these terminations weren’t without merit, but there’s the possibility that it creates other issues that will only intensify the fire that’s already been lit. What a potential mess…
Or it could actually improve things.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Now at a minimum if those 2 so called OLine coaches are not canned tomorrow then I know this is all for show.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
More I think about it...
Spencer from the Giants and Corey prolly thinks his **** don't stink. Hard to take orders from 30 yo sandlot.
edit: and were probably never "process" guys.

Last edited:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
College football is a free for all. 120 programs with 85 free agents every year, sometimes twice a year for players. They change teams like students drop/add classes at the start of a semester. Signing day isn't what it used to be. Early signing day, NIL, & transfer portal are what they are. Go ahead and fire the assistants now. A new asst coach can make the same promises to recruits.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Oh my, Ox "the Karl apologist" is back. Expect mind camp reservations to open up soon.

Ox right now:

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Bruh I thought the mindcamp got shuttered ? No campers left to attend

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh my, Ox "the Karl apologist" is back. Expect mind camp reservations to open up soon.
You're too damn old to be this insufferable.

Right or wrong, Billy has another year. You going to cry in your cornflakes all offseason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator