UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Reading that made me wonder how even the biggest pumper could see CBN surviving year 3.

Surviving year three, would be like Muschamp's second season, where all the good luck you could possibly have falls your way. But when that many good things go your way in one season, the things tend to balance themselves out the next season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
so basically Napsack sold Strick on "the Alabama Blueprint" regarding staff structure/organizational chart, but attempted to put together a jigsaw puzzle with Legos for a coaching staff :couch:

Napier views himself as a teacher, not only of his players but his staff and assistants... that is good when you are coaching at a lower level of competition. I'm not going to say he doens't understand the game of football, because when he is putting down his plan he knows what he wants. That works on lower levels as well, but once that plan needs to shift or adjust due to the opponent or situation, that is when things get a little dicey.

I didn't like the initial hire... He hangs onto the process, because that is just how his mind and logic works. I don't know if he is capable to make the real changes in his staff and himself that are needed to be here for the long haul. He would be a really good fit and coach at a lot of Universities, just like McElwain is a better fit for a lower level position. But there is a difference between the top tear or two of NCAA football and the rest.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Napier views himself as a teacher, not only of his players but his staff and assistants... that is good when you are coaching at a lower level of competition. I'm not going to say he doens't understand the game of football, because when he is putting down his plan he knows what he wants. That works on lower levels as well, but once that plan needs to shift or adjust due to the opponent or situation, that is when things get a little dicey.

I didn't like the initial hire... He hangs onto the process, because that is just how his mind and logic works. I don't know if he is capable to make the real changes in his staff and himself that are needed to be here for the long haul. He would be a really good fit and coach at a lot of Universities, just like McElwain is a better fit for a lower level position. But there is a difference between the top tear or two of NCAA football and the rest.
He's not Penske material, to sum it up.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Why did we lose Tarquín & White? Tarquín is married to Tony Boselli’s daughter. That’s a pretty strong “in” to USC, and their Heisman QB.

White tagged along, which was a huge mistake. In between programs, a medical issue bounced him out of football. Had he stayed, he’d have had a full scholarship and medical care. He discarded his UF benefits and USC never picked him up.

Braun was another story, which appears to be a mis-fit with the new staff, losing his starting role etc.
You forgot the UK transfer that went home to Louisville to be with his dying mom... that one hurt too.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
:exactly:

As the article put it. Square pegs in round hole. Hoping that with some of the moves (starting) to be made he can round out a staff that FITS the position and experience with coaching said position. Now lets see if there is any movement on the Offensive side of the house.
I think we just need a bigger hammer? :dunno:

I believe this is an actual pic of one of our analytics whiz kids making coaching decisions...
hole round GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator