UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Be interesting to see what Durty would do. The news would hit him hard.
Let's just say for the sake of argument, that we are actually hiring an OC. It certainly wouldn't be anyone legit bc it's just gonna be taters potato salad offense that's being run, and by a dude who knows he's probably gone along with the HC in less than 1 season.

That sounds like exactly the recipe a top flight OC is looking for. Most of us here are hoping something changes and we get back to winning, the fact that we believe it's going to take firing this tomato to do so is irrelevant. Bottom line is we just want to win. If I could snap my fingers and make billy grow a set I would, but I can't. You've gotten to the point where you just want to be right, even if it means we are stuck with a potato for an HC. What will you do if we don't make any change at OC, or worse do and still watch the same wallpaper sideways pass and inside zone run with no blockers offense we've watched for the last two years?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they all just went to Vegas to gamble and get drunk.
With Billy and Strichnine? Drunk on what? O’Doul’s and Twisted Tea? As for gambling, Strichnine has done enough of that with his UF hires for UAA to send arm guards to make sure he stays clear of the Strip.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just say for the sake of argument, that we are actually hiring an OC. It certainly wouldn't be anyone legit bc it's just gonna be taters potato salad offense that's being run, and by a dude who knows he's probably gone along with the HC in less than 1 season.

That sounds like exactly the recipe a top flight OC is looking for. Most of us here are hoping something changes and we get back to winning, the fact that we believe it's going to take firing this tomato to do so is irrelevant. Bottom line is we just want to win. If I could snap my fingers and make billy grow a set I would, but I can't. You've gotten to the point where you just want to be right, even if it means we are stuck with a potato for an HC. What will you do if we don't make any change at OC, or worse do and still watch the same wallpaper sideways pass and inside zone run with no blockers offense we've watched for the last two years?
What would you do if they hire this UNLV guy?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
l
With Billy and Strichnine? Drunk on what? O’Doul’s and Twisted Tea? As for gambling, Strichnine has done enough of that with his UF hires for UAA to send arm guards to make sure he stays clear of the Strip.
Strichnine gambles everytime he wears one of his Garanimal outfits.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
UNLV is ranked 45 th in Total offense…..UF 48th. This guy Marion is well thought of has an offense that is always in a two back set. For a young coach, he is supposedly a deft play caller and makes in game adjustments well. FWIW
22nd in scoring offense. (UF 57th)
54th passing (UF 44th)
26th passing yd/completion (UF 102nd)
36th rushing (UF 77th)

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
UNLV is ranked 45 th in Total offense…..UF 48th. This guy Marion is well thought of has an offense that is always in a two back set. For a young coach, he is supposedly a deft play caller and makes in game adjustments well. FWIW
Interesting. Thought many times in-season we do not give defenses enough to think about. Why did so many teams move away from two back sets? Miss the power runs with a full back, toss sweep or otherwise.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Karl is unfamiliar with a two back set. It is something that a few of us asked to see on occasion just to see a hint of something different.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be tempted to be pretty excited, but would temper myself by waiting to see what the offense actually looks like. Tater has done absolutely nothing here or anytime in his career that indicates he's willing to change philosophies or give up command. So my gut would say the dude would be forced to run taters vanilla 1960s offense, just like petrino was forced to run Jimbo dipsht's.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Heard about SALM DUNK assistant coaching hires. Cory Raymond was one of them, and now is fired. Recruiting is in the dumps. Not even top 10.

Might as well start the head coaching search thread that we will inevitably get in 2024.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
He already took the blue pill...
red pill GIF

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Karl is unfamiliar with a two back set. It is something that a few of us asked to see on occasion just to see a hint of something different.
Two back set, does the QB get counted as back #2?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I hate to tell you people but TOTAL OFFENSE has never won a single game. Tell Muschump I told you so. Neither has rushing yards, rushings yards/game, etc. Not one single game.

SCORING is all that matters. Youre just going to have to take my word for it. Scoring offense is all that matters, and UNLV is 19th while Cajun Chucklefuch is 60th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator