UF dismisses Alex McCalister for violation of team rules

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but he's black.

You know, I'm pissed as hell that this is happening to our program. Just seems like we can't catch a break. People want to blame Chump, which I'm completely fine with but sounds just like comments that were said after Urbs left and we had Chump on board. How Chump was going to take us to the promise land.

Regardless, my point to quoting you was you were the first person that went through my head when I read the title of this thread. I remember your thread about talking with McCallister after the FSU game. A question was asked in that thread about why he wasn't with the rest of the team in the locker room? I wonder if that was an early sign? Maybe he was already told by Mac that he wasn't part of the team?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the news were McCallister out with strained thigh but rolls the dice on NFL anyway, would you be panicking?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless, my point to quoting you was you were the first person that went through my head when I read the title of this thread. I remember your thread about talking with McCallister after the FSU game. A question was asked in that thread about why he wasn't with the rest of the team in the locker room? I wonder if that was an early sign? Maybe he was already told by Mac that he wasn't part of the team?
Probably should have been a good indicator. It's just weird, he really was a nice kid and extremely polite and well spoken. But that doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing something as stupid as getting himself kicked off the team.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
OK, I'll say it.

McCallister sucks at being a DE and being a LB. He's too weak to be on the field in anything but obvious passing situations because he is a one trick pony, speed rush only. We tried playing him at LB some late in the season, and he can't.

No loss. He would have played less next year than he did this year.
And even then he could hardly ever get to the QB. Jefferson will be better and wouldn't mind Cox/Sherit coming back on the other side. He had a few good highlights this year on strips, but nothing compared to the other DL or LB's for 3 down work for full body of work. I can't even remember one run play he blew up by himself. I expected him to go pro anyways so no big deal.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Show me where I am on here attacking people for their posts? (Other than Alvin) Some people come on here solely to bash people. That's not my style.

Some of you guys are like those whiney PC college students these days that want to sensor everything that they dislike. Sorry, if I'm a little less serious and a little thicker skinned for your liking but I don't really care if it offends you.

Man, lighten up TAG. This is just freakin college football we are talking about.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I'm not blaming anyone. Just asking a question.

We're not just losing a pot head and a ped head though. BTW you can add Robinson to the pot head list that won't be back.

We're losing Bullard, VHIII, Morrison, Taylor, Halter, Thurman, McGee and Poole. Our kicker can't kick and we have a midget pot head that can't throw at QB. I'm also told that Maye, Neal and Cox Jr. are filing NFL paperwork and will decide once they get their results.

That's pretty much the heart and soul of our team. And we will replace them with a bunch of hopes and prayers as recruits.

I thought it was a pretty valid question to ask.
Replacing a mass exodus on D is not something new the last decade. Every couple of years we go through this. We knew this was coming and expect a step back next year before 2017 they are fully back on D. as for the QB and kicker lets just hope Del Rio and Piniero work out. We knew Grier was gone for at least 6 games and now forever. Maybe we find a descent Graduate transfer to come in. I don't expect a championship next year, but if I see lots of improvement on O I will be happy going into 17.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're losing Bullard, VHIII, Morrison, Taylor, Halter, Thurman, McGee and Poole. Our kicker can't kick and we have a midget pot head that can't throw at QB. I'm also told that Maye, Neal and Cox Jr. are filing NFL paperwork and will decide once they get their results.

Bullard is a loss, but we were saying the same thing after Fowler left. I think Jefferson could make a big jump his Sophmore season, plus we'll have some good experience inside. I think Cox Jr. would be a loss, but I think he could gain so much by coming back. He has improved each year.

Tabor can lock down and Wilson is no slouch, but we will miss VH3 (we knew he'd be gone).

Morrison has been productive, but if Anzalone can stay healthy, we could be improved with Davis coming back.

We'll be fine at RB, but I'm really happy Taylor came here.

Halter & Thurman, I hope we have guys who are better than them next year.

McGee was a nice player, but I don't see where we'll drop off too much here. I really like what we saw from Lewis early in the year. Goolsby appeared to play well also.

Poole has been a nice player, but Dawson can probably do just as well, and maybe Gardner could step in and get some PT.

Maye and Neal would suck. We could have Dawson and Washington back there. Washington seemed to play better as the year went on. Hope some of the Freshman can contribute.

I don't think it'll be as bad as you think.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed, we are not as bad off as many think.

southerngrilling

Dec 5, 2015
Tim Tebow cursed this program
I would not say cursed but he is the reason no running back worth anything signed with uf while he was here because he was the running game. So we could say although he won 2 titles, he did set the program back in terms of running backs

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully we close on D with Shaver, Burns, Meyers, and another LB (Wilson). If most of this happens the D will be fine.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last 13 games have been a full dress rehearsal for how Mac will be running things and how we intends to go about doing it. Next season will be a better reflection of where we're going. I'm optimistic.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Any player leaving is the end of the world here even though he was most likely going to declare anyways. Good takes

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You add nothing and sound like an idiot while doing it. The result of generations of inbreeding no doubt.
He always smelled like Vole to me also. I haven't bothered to read enough of his posts on GSMB to know.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would not say cursed but he is the reason no running back worth anything signed with uf while he was here because he was the running game. So we could say although he won 2 titles, he did set the program back in terms of running backs

Among our many worries on "O", RB has been the least of them. Our biggest issue has been productive QB play and no depth at OL. After that, I'd say WR but it's been hard to tell how good or how bad our WR's were due to the previously mentioned.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Last 13 games have been a full dress rehearsal for how Mac will be running things and how we intends to go about doing it. Next season will be a better reflection of where we're going. I'm optimistic.
I really think 2017 will be the year that we find out about Mac and the Gators. Next year is going to be a step back while we have some new faces on defense. losing Bullard is HUGE.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ive been on the Bullard train while the rest of you, who dont understand 2 gap and run stuffers, were calling him a bust because you didnt think he had enough sacks. That thread was fun btw.

However, Cece will be as good as Bullard. Brantley will be a game-changer next year also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator