rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n256140 said:
You didn't watch the video did you? ;)

OK, now I've watched the video and still no discussion of the artificial turf and how "injury-prone" it might be ?
What is the brand-name of the turf ? How well does it simulate natural grass (turf) we play on ?
So, it isn't a 70 yard field, but at 120 yards it accommodates special groups practice areas additionally.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n256414 said:
OK, now I've watched the video and still no discussion of the artificial turf and how "injury-prone" it might be ?
What is the brand-name of the turf ? How well does it simulate natural grass (turf) we play on ?
So, it isn't a 70 yard field, but at 120 yards it accommodates special groups practice areas additionally.

So you didn't see the part I bolded in your original comment did ya? ;)

I don't know about the turf, but the outdoor practice field is obviously right outside the IPF.

Turf these days are damn near like real grass. I doubt they go for the cheap stuff, but I don't know.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Our original turf practice field was Doug's Rug. When Spurrier got here in 1990 and insisted on real grass, they ripped out the artificial surface from the stadium and installed it on one of the practice fields.

That stuff was the old school artificial turf. Not very good.

Now, nearly all artificial turf fields use FieldTurf or a similar product. It uses little rubber beebees as the "dirt". Much better stuff. Bouncy, and a helluva lot cooler than astroturf. Old astroturf would get hot as hell.

I don't know what kind of artificial turf practice field we have now, but I would hope it would be of the FieldTurf variety.

Alex.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
URGatorBait;n256418 said:
Turf these days are damn near like real grass. I doubt they go for the cheap stuff, but I don't know.

The way some complain about our AD and UAA.....I'm guessing the IPF has a concrete floor painted green.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n256460 said:
Our original turf practice field was Doug's Rug. When Spurrier got here in 1990 and insisted on real grass, they ripped out the artificial surface from the stadium and installed it on one of the practice fields.

That stuff was the old school artificial turf. Not very good.

Now, nearly all artificial turf fields use FieldTurf or a similar product. It uses little rubber beebees as the "dirt". Much better stuff. Bouncy, and a helluva lot cooler than astroturf. Old astroturf would get hot as hell.

I don't know what kind of artificial turf practice field we have now, but I would hope it would be of the FieldTurf variety.

Alex.

We had Field Turf on our old 60 yard practice field. If they liked it, that will be in the IPF.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n256708 said:
The way some complain about our AD and UAA.....I'm guessing the IPF has a concrete floor painted green.

:lol:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n256708 said:

Actually not a bad idea. That would certainly toughen them up.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I am sure many of you guys once played ball...

I happened to play half on turf and half on regular grass and I will be the first to say that one a fresh field...Grass is king but if it has any moisture to it, that's when you start to see players tweak their knees from planting.

Artificial turf these days is so nice that I'd play on it any day before natural grass.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw on Twitter they are doing the final grade for installation of Field Turf...

Also a couple of nice pics of the inside with flexible, round AC duct installed...see Jason Kruse on Twitter around 1 pm edt on 8/6 under Florida Gators.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: #UF has changed the time of football practice twice today due to weather. That IPF can't come soon enough. #Gators

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's with that big net hanging from the ceiling ? Anybody ?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n258402 said:

it's a Spirit Catcher. Keeps all the bad mojo out.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n258402 said:

Separates the two halves of the field if they want to do separate drills or if two different athletic teams are using the facility at the same time.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n258445 said:
Separates the two halves of the field if they want to do separate drills or if two different athletic teams are using the facility at the same time.

:lalala:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.