Urban Meyer on the Kentucky loss

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There's a massive difference between showing the players and fans you're emotionally invested in the game & want the win (Spurrier, Meyer, Saban, etc.) and just uncontrolled anger (Muschump). And then there's the complete 180 in Napier who doesn't look like he's all that bothered one way or the other, no matter what's going on.

I agree, you either have "it" as a coach or you don't; which makes it all the more puzzling that a guy who's so analytical is missing such a big part about the college game.
He's not analytical. That's a talking point. The proof is in how disastrous we are in fundamentals and in key game situations. Analytics tell you that STs will win 1 or 2 games a year, so an analytical mind would find value and put real emphasis on that aspect of the game, or at least not be content to completely flop at it week after week... and yet...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There is a member called SSI gator that hated my post about me appreciating Urbans desire to win. Wants me banned over it but the guy only has one post since 2015. Go figure. For what its worth I would take Urban back in a New York Minute.

Some ppl have mental deficiencies, and others are just plain retarded. Im sure we all feel sympathy for poor ssi

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I wonder if Urban is smelling blood in the water and has actual interest in coming back. I am sure seeing the incoming class does not hurt. He knows Florida is still able to bring in talent in the age of NIL. God that would be so sweet. I wouldn't mind losing every game left this season if it makes it happen.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Urban is smelling blood in the water and has actual interest in coming back. God that would be so sweet. I wouldn't mind losing every game left this season if it makes it happen.
Good chance that happens!

The losing part. Urban not so much.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Donk has said on the Twitter machine, and I agree with him, it's amazing that there have been people like Spurrier, Meyer, and even some Shane, that have been allowed to say things that aren't positive about this staff. If you think Buddy Martin didn't have a clue what Meyer's thoughts were before this response, I have oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you. Even Spurrier wasn't really taking too many pot shots at Mullen. Just an interesting observation.
if it's cheap, I might be interested

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hire a woman if you just want to see emotion.
giphy.gif

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Spurrier and Meyer were both emotional, fiery coaches that really resonated with the fanbase.

Not just that they won on the field, on the recruiting trails, and in rivalry games...but that they "got it." A loss was as devastating to both of them as it was to us (for different reasons, but the emotion was the same).

With Napier, he doesn't give nearly the same emotion...and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it also makes it hard to connect with him, especially as losses build up. Even guys like Saban, Smart, and Dabo show emotion out there. Napier would do himself a lot of good by being more visibly frustrated when things aren't going well instead of pretending like it's all part of some plan.

I disagree with you-it is a bad thing. He doesn’t have to be a stark, raging lunatic like Muschamp, nor does he need to get wound so tight like Meyer, but to not show any emotion whatsoever is detrimental to the program and makes it seem like he isn’t a serious competitor at heart. Urban also thinks it’s a terrible thing-he said as much in this video.

Sun Belt Billy needs to get in gear, quickly.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
There's a massive difference between showing the players and fans you're emotionally invested in the game & want the win (Spurrier, Meyer, Saban, etc.) and just uncontrolled anger (Muschump). And then there's the complete 180 in Napier who doesn't look like he's all that bothered one way or the other, no matter what's going on.

I agree, you either have "it" as a coach or you don't; which makes it all the more puzzling that a guy who's so analytical is missing such a big part about the college game.

I don’t think he’s all that analytical. I don’t think he’s very detail oriented and I don’t think he knows “the process” from the potato chips.

He said he was all these things but I think it was all a bill of goods, IMO. These things were great soundbites in the interview process but I think it was all lip service.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
BTW, after watching Urban’s video, I’d say he’s definitely angling for a comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.