Urban opens up about mental health issues

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not really sure if that is an alias of Ox or Rog.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
magic-eight-ball-ask-again-later-photo-researchers-inc.jpg
Which one?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we should have a discussion on the most gifted and unrated musician. Mr. Pat Travers. Instead of Urban, the buckeye. Who has his his dream job doesn't give two sh$ts about us and has found new love of yoga.
No kidding!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I almost get the sense reading the posts here that some of you never made a mistake in your life. Give me a break. Meyer is admitting to having had a faulty outlook on his job, his career, his family and how it all affected his health. I mean, how much remorse do you want?

He's growing as a coach and as a man. Give the guy credit. Life is an evolving process. We all make mistakes, we learn, we grow. I respect people who are able to overcome their mistakes more than those who somehow never make them.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
78, he is trying to rehab his image, nothing more nothing less. Satan couldnt care less but Creyer is the kind of guy who is irritated that everyone who doesnt like in Crackumbus hates him.

Last edited:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I almost get the sense reading the posts here that some of you never made a mistake in your life. Give me a break. Meyer is admitting to having had a faulty outlook on his job, his career, his family and how it all affected his health. I mean, how much remorse do you want?

He's growing as a coach and as a man. Give the guy credit. Life is an evolving process. We all make mistakes, we learn, we grow. I respect people who are able to overcome their mistakes more than those who somehow never make them.
I want Urban to drag his coin pouch across hot coals while dodging paint balls fired by A. Hern and singing Justin Bieber's song "Sorry." Only after that will he be forgiven.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is very concerned about his legacy, especially his wife (who responded to criticism coming out of Gainesville after he left). This article is pure legacy building in nature. His "plight" is a joke, considering he literally took one season off (if you only count 2011, and not 2010 when he wasn't doing much coaching in Gainesville)...and worked for ESPN, essentially full-time. So, to get over his "stress" he worked as a CFB analyst for ESPN. Yeah, he "needed" a break from coaching. He left Gainesville in January 2011 and started in Columbus in December 2011 (and possibly as early as November). This is him covering his ass because he knows, outside of Columbus, he's considered a full of sh*t assh*le.
This. Exactly. That's who he is. The only thing you left out was the speech with tears in his eyes about leaving to spend time with his family. complete with carefully constructed "spontaneous" evocative "from the heart" imagery/.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ambien and alcohol do not mix. Trust me on this. I've found out the hard way. He's lucky that he had his wife to lock him down. You literally sleep walk and don't remember what you did.
I dunno. Works pretty well on my wife. :cool:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
TLDR. He is a pvssy. We knew it already.

Chasing ambiens w beer to forget combat deaths of your friends? I get it. Chasing ambiens w beer bc of PTSD from Saban? Sorry, no sympathy.

That was completely unreadable. Good grief, he is a football coach. Sure he is very good, but who would want to read that much about him and his delusions.

I will say at the risk of sending this thread off the political deep end, it is amazing that working hard to succeed is now mental illness in this society, but wanting to mutilate oneself is self expression and a civil right.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Naw. Instead of lnterviewlng him while he sits on his leather couch, Myer should have lain on
his bedroom floor. All this has Oprah written all over it. At a Seth Myer dinner party, Urban
would talk over John Snow.

Saw Herbs on Dr. Phil. Same talk, but Her was lying on the floor, not the couch.

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

I appreciate the 2 NC and handing our rivals their asses for the few years he was here. It was unchartered waters as far as that goes. He managed to get Bowden and Fulmer both ran off during his tenure here(not that either were doing that great of a job of keeping their respective gigs). I don't think you'll find anyone who won't say that they appreciate those things.

What we don't appreciate as fans, boosters, etc, is being told one thing, when that's really not what it is. People don't like being made fools of, and that's how the majority of Gators felt after he took that Ohio State job. I, for one, knew the day would come that he'd return to coaching, probably at a big time program like Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, or something of the sort, but no one expected it to be one year removed from all of his supposed "medical issues" and "much needed focus time on the family". Hell, he made us, in a way, feel sorry for him when we never should've. There's something to be said for honesty in the moment, not 5 plus years after the fact.

So fk him for that.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I used to run a lot and one August afternoon, about 7 years ago, I was running on campus past Hume Hall. I noticed a football camp being held on the fields down the hill toward the commuter lot.

And here came a golf cart, perpendicular to my direction, flying down the hill toward the football camp. I dropped my pace in order to cross the path the golf cart was on before the cart got there.

And the cart accelerated. So I did too. And the cart accelerated more. So I really put the hammer down, barely getting by ahead of the cart and its manical driver.

Glancing back, I saw a grimacing Urban Meyer in the driver's seat. And he looked very pissed off at me.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I used to run a lot and one August afternoon, about 7 years ago, I was running on campus past Hume Hall. I noticed a football camp being held on the fields down the hill toward the commuter lot.

And here came a golf cart, perpendicular to my direction, flying down the hill toward the football camp. I dropped my pace in order to cross the path the golf cart was on before the cart got there.

And the cart accelerated. So I did too. And is accelerated more. So I really put the hammer down, barely getting by ahead of the cart and its manical driver.

Glancing back, I saw a grimacing Urban Meyer in the driver's seat. And he very pissed off at me.
Was that the day he tried to kick that reporter's ass?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And the cart accelerated. So I did too. And is accelerated more. So I really put the hammer down, barely getting by ahead of the cart and its manical driver.

Glancing back, I saw a grimacing Urban Meyer in the driver's seat. And he very pissed off at me.

What a competitive prick. How dare you cross in front of him? Who the hell do you think you are?

Sounds like if he had just kept his pace you both would have been spared that esophagul spasm inducing event...

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
This. Exactly. That's who he is. The only thing you left out was the speech with tears in his eyes about leaving to spend time with his family. complete with carefully constructed "spontaneous" evocative "from the heart" imagery/.

This is the part that annoyed me. Don't use the kid/family card if you're bull****ting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator