Was Ohtani Throwing Games?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Arrogant toolbag. Almost got into a physical altercation with him at Caesars in 2006. Still kinda wished I’d punched him just for the story, but didn’t want to get kicked out.
I’ve met him twice. He’s a total prick and I’m glad he has to travel around the country signing baseball cards to pay his rent.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not a great way to get your "15 minutes" of fame...right?

That’d be the best he could do at this point. Disgraced booze-nosed baseball player who “dominated” a game before Dominicans discovered it. Born 20 years later he’s probably in prison by now or a PFG driver. Nothing more.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If he gambled on baseball, he should be banned for life.

Just like Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose.

Of course, "life" means life so if they want to reinstate Shoeless Joe now that he's been dead for 75 years, I guess I'm OK with that.

Alex.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_3400.jpeg
0-3 at the plate in a sport where people go 0-3 all the time. What more evidence do we need people?!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The MLB isn't about to torpedo the season of one of their biggest markets. Nothing will come of this
Who says it will be the MLB investigating it? I guarantee you the feds are turning over every damn rock, and looking at betting activity next to every box score he's ever had.

Personally I think this is going to bring him down. What a story that's about to unfold.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Arrogant toolbag. Almost got into a physical altercation with him at Caesars in 2006. Still kinda wished I’d punched him just for the story, but didn’t want to get kicked out.

Was it the haircut that set you off?
That would’ve been enough for me

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It still seems odd. Why bet on baseball, a no-no, when there’s so many other things out there to bet on? I’ve never really been a gambler, but for addicted gamblers isn’t that it about the whole thrill of the action? If you’re cheating to win, it seems like it’s more about the money, only he doesn’t need the money. Definitely still a bunch of pieces missing from this puzzle. (Like you, I really have no pity for him. He was given a golden ticket and may have flushed it away.)
That's cute... trying to apply rational thinking to an addict.
Jason Mantzoukas Come On Man GIF by LoveIndieFilms

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That's cute... trying to apply rational thinking to an addict.

Agree. Those two words don’t coexist. But I also feel like addict is used far too often today. We’re all programmed for excess and have a desire for temptation. Acting on it and giving into them is just a sign of weakness. I credit those who recognize their tendencies and change.

Also, Rose is still a complete dbag.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Agree. Those two words don’t coexist. But I also feel like addict is used far too often today. We’re all programmed for excess and have a desire for temptation. Acting on it and giving into them is just a sign of weakness. I credit those who recognize their tendencies and change.

Also, Rose is still a complete dbag.
As Dr. Hank Pennypacker taught us at "not yet elite UF," labels are fine, appropriate even, as descriptors of behavior, but not as excuses for behavior. I always loved his examples: "You have a severely autistic child. "severely autistic" is a descriptor, but when said child stands on the dining room table and pisses in the salad bowl, you don't say, 'It's OK, he's autistic.'"

Weak ass bitchez... they should both just kill themselves!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As Dr. Hank Pennypacker taught us at "not yet elite UF," labels are fine, appropriate even, as descriptors of behavior, but not as excuses for behavior. I always loved his examples: "You have a severely autistic child. "severely autistic" is a descriptor, but when said child stands on the dining room table and pisses in the salad bowl, you don't say, 'It's OK, he's autistic.'"

Weak ass bitchez... they should both just kill themselves!

$100 says Rose never sees 85.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It occurred to me that the accent mark was missing on “touche”. And the “t” key and “d” keys aren’t terribly far apart. After your somewhat abrasive post to him it mkes you wonder.
All that accent talk and focus on spelling and grammar and you fukked it up!!!

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It occurred to me that the accent mark was missing on “touche”. And the “t” key and “d” keys aren’t terribly far apart. After your somewhat abrasive post to him it mkes you wonder.
I wanted him to have options on where he thought I was going.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Well that would completely alter deet's retort.

podium talking GIF by South Park
I'm not sure about that, but what I am sure of is the fact that either Sofla is a "hunt and peck" typer, or he assumes that GBM is a "hunt and peck" typer, because there is no way in hell that someone who endured Typing as a class in 8th Grade (on manual typewriters no less) would think you could accidentally type a "t" when a "d" was intended... fingers of fury just don't fukkin do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator