Wednesday Worsts….Group Texts

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good to know, thanks. Definitely NOT something that I want to do with my sister... ;)
Suspicious Liar GIF by Harlem

Alex.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I cannot stand the simpletons that respond to everything with thumbs up, ok, thx, etc. One fuching informational text turns into 10-15.
I’ve started giving every one of those responses a thumbs up the next day at 4:30-5:00am when I get up.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Regarding the OP, I prefer the group texts over email messages sent to large groups. I get emails from the government about something pretty stupid that doesn't even need a response from anyone. But NO! There will usually be a large number of recipients who have to "reply all" with meaningless responses... :banghead:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Every group text I'm invited to goes to mute instantly. I also text inappropriate memes at 2am just to remind everyone not to invite me to the next one.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I freaking hate group texts. I routinely will very blunty reply all saying I want to be removed and please don't bother me further. Bunch of freaking chatty Kathy's and btchy Karen's. And texts will come in at the most annoying or inconvenient times. We have a neighbor who will group text a bunch of us at 5am on a weekday. I'm like listen bitch, even if I was awake at 5am, it wouldn't be bc I want to talk to your dumb ass!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Group texts rank right up there with violent criminals, pedophiles and electric scooters on my list of things I hate.
I get violent criminals and pedophiles - along with pretty much everyone who’s not one of those - but as annoying as electric scooters are, and they are very annoying, I’m not sure they quite rise to that level.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Some ******* always seems to create a new group when I'm in the middle of an activity where I can't access my phone and my watch will blow up with 100 replies before I can shut it down.

Yes. How do they seem to know the precise moment I go into a meeting and just light up my phone repeatedly? And about half of it is just follow up texts addressing the one autocorrected word from their previous text that was easily understood given the context.

“I was so tried I went to bed at 8…”

“Tired”

“Lol. Apple autocorrect”

1679625634914.gif

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get violent criminals and pedophiles - along with pretty much everyone who’s not one of those - but as annoying as electric scooters are, and they are very annoying, I’m not sure they quite rise to that level.
You clearly live in the suburbs

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I hate to tell you all this but a message board *cough gatorchatter cough* is really a big group text with people texting random **** all day. Its just organized better.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just to clarify, are we talking about the electric scooters you see around campus? I’ve ridden them with my kids after games and they are a blast.
Yep. Those abominations.

If you live in a downtown area you can barely walk 10 feet without tripping over one that someone left in the middle of the sidewalk.

Really though it's the people that ride them. Every fat slob that can't walk more than a city block without taking a rest on a park bench can now spend the whole day zipping down sidewalks aimlessly and out of control, barreling through pedestrians and randomly popping out into traffic.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yep. Those abominations.

If you live in a downtown area you can barely walk 10 feet without tripping over one that someone left in the middle of the sidewalk.

Really though it's the people that ride them. Every fat slob that can't walk more than a city block without taking a rest on a park bench can now spend the whole day zipping down sidewalks aimlessly and out of control, barreling through pedestrians and randomly popping out into traffic.
Some even crash... twice... in two different cities!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yep. Those abominations.

Ok, yeah that makes sense. I see them mostly used around campus, but can imagine them being a serious problem in a city. And yes you described the riders perfectly. The only positive of the scenario you described would be seeing them crash. Have to think that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator