Welcome 5* QB Matt Corral

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Justin Fields is better with his legs, but wow Corral has a nice compact delivery and quick release.

Not that we'll get either, but if we get either of these guys it would really turn around our program.

Here's some video of him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id rather have the passer, especially the one w the quick release, assuming weve done our homework on his background issues.

And yet the next top QB Butters lands will be his first. He couldnt even do it at Bammer. Im not optimistic. It is probably going to be one of those junior college or graduate transfer deals until Franks is ready in a year or two. It will give everyone something to talk about. We are just looking for somebody that knows to throw the ball to the guys wearing the right color jerseys. You know what I mean?

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He initially drops his throwing hand in the wind up, which for most QB's makes for a delayed throw. He does it, but seems to do it in such a compact manner that it doesn't slow him down much. He'd be even quicker though if he kept his arm up.

I'd rather have Fields because I think he is the best of both worlds, but I would absolutely take Corral as he is a 1st year starter himself as well.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I keep wondering how many people are so in love with Fields that they would actually be pissed if we get Corral...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i dont think anyone would be pissed if we got either of these 2 kids... plenty will be pissed if we get neither.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I keep wondering how many people are so in love with Fields that they would actually be pissed if we get Corral...
Fields is gone. I dont love anyone who loves Clowns, though I really fear that Fields goes to the Buttlickers and Corral goes to Clowns.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
plenty will be pissed if we get neither.
Not really. Butter's offense isnt attractive to anyone but running backs. His track record is pretty clear. Trying to sell that to an elite quarterback is going to be a terribly difficult thing. How hard is it for an opposing coach to show are stats game film? That isn't even negative recruiting IMO. It's just the truth.

If we add more offensive lineman, inside linebackers and defensive tackles that's really probably all we can hope for.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It is probably going to be one of those junior college or graduate transfer deals until Franks is ready in a year or two.

Why do I get the feeling deep down that Franks will transfer out in 1-2 yrs?

I'd rather have Fields because I think he is the best of both worlds,

I see the draw, having the legs to run, but I'm tired of wanting a mobile quarterback based on having him scramble to stay alive. I'd rather have a passer in an offense that can block/run-routes/catch effectively. At that point any mobility is not forced, therefore not required but a nice bonus.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not really. Butter's offense isnt attractive to anyone but running backs. His track record is pretty clear. Trying to sell that to an elite quarterback is going to be a terribly difficult thing. How hard is it for an opposing coach to show are stats game film? That isn't even negative recruiting IMO. It's just the truth.

If we add more offensive lineman, inside linebackers and defensive tackles that's really probably all we can hope for.
Regardless of all that, you dont think anyone will be pissed if we whiff on yet another group of good QB's? I think we might be talking about different things. I'm talking about the fan base.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It's a bad year for DTs. I don't see us getting more than one - maybe two.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you bring in a guy like Fields or Corral, it won't matter :lol:
I don't see him transferring unless someone comes in that can clearly take the job.

I see the draw, having the legs to run, but I'm tired of wanting a mobile quarterback based on having him scramble to stay alive. I'd rather have a passer in an offense that can block/run-routes/catch effectively. At that point any mobility is not forced, therefore not required but a nice bonus.
I don't see that in Fields. I see a passer in Fields but a guy that has tremendous athleticism, and with a 4.51 40, he can break some runs when he needs to. I view him as having the ability of a mobile QB, but is really a passer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who cares. He right now is a guy who struggles against the walkons, freshmen, and Putus.

Im not sure who is going to want him.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you bring in a guy like Fields or Corral, it won't matter :lol:
I don't see him transferring unless someone comes in that can clearly take the job.

I don't see that in Fields. I see a passer in Fields but a guy that has tremendous athleticism, and with a 4.51 40, he can break some runs when he needs to. I view him as having the ability of a mobile QB, but is really a passer.

Corral has plenty of mobility too he may not run as fast as Fields but he's no statue either.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fields is gone. I dont love anyone who loves Clowns, though I really fear that Fields goes to the Buttlickers and Corral goes to Clowns.

I'm not sure Fields is gone. I'm not saying we are a front runner, but I really don't think the kid knows where he is going yet. I think he is truly checking out a lot of different options. If I had to bet on him I would bet UGA because of proximity and family, but if he goes to UGA then whoever loses the battle between him and Fromm has to be likely to transfer...

I think Fields is going to wait a while before committing and if Mac gets our offense hopping we have a chance.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure Fields is gone. I'm not saying we are a front runner, but I really don't think the kid knows where he is going yet. I think he is truly checking out a lot of different options. If I had to bet on him I would bet UGA because of proximity and family, but if he goes to UGA then whoever loses the battle between him and Fromm has to be likely to transfer...

I think Fields is going to wait a while before committing and if Mac gets our offense hopping we have a chance.
All reports are that Fromm is going to have the backup job sealed up until Eason leaves, unless he beats Eason out. Whoever goes there better like the bench.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Justin Fields is better with his legs, but wow Corral has a nice compact delivery and quick release.

Not that we'll get either, but if we get either of these guys it would really turn around our program.

Eeyore_31.jpg

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All reports are that Fromm is going to have the backup job sealed up until Eason leaves, unless he beats Eason out. Whoever goes there better like the bench.

I've got to think Fields will have a shot to beat out Fromm when Eason leaves, but either way... one 5* is not going to be happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.