Welcome 5* QB Matt Corral

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's going to EE so you probably will believe it when he steps on campus because he will never sign an LOI.

Dec 20th through the 22nd I think is the early signing period. Not sure if that nows comes into play or not though.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is huge!! Great Job Gators.

Part of my optimism, and I think most of the optimism that the pumpers have, is that we take the viewpoint that Mac was winning in spite of being left with nothing. I was hoping that Mac was laying a foundation from nothing on one hand and trying to win with scraps on the other. If that is the case, then it is a testament to how well he can do when the foundation is laid.

Today's news and a lot of other positives makes me lean toward that viewpoint even more.

I'm not sure 15(roughly I think) NFL draftees the last two years is being left with nothing, do you?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I'm stunned at what this coaching staff has done with the HUGE success of FNL, and the resulting commits, the national buzz, we are dominating the headlines and OH HELL YEAH!!! I'm beginning to think there is a lot more to this Mac guy than we thought. What we are seeing here is the result of one helluva lotta work behind the scenes. Kinda like the rabbit he pulled out of the hat on NSD that shocked us all.
:monkey:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good God, we've gone from a verbal commit to a signee? Let's at least wait till he steps on campus.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dec 20th through the 22nd I think is the early signing period. Not sure if that nows comes into play or not though.

What are you talking about? NLI doesn't apply to EEs. Never has.

The only thing now required for them to sign is the financial aid agreement. Which of course only binds the school.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What are you talking about? NLI doesn't apply to EEs. Never has.

The only thing now required for them to sign is the financial aid agreement. Which of course only binds the school.

That was when there was no signing period between their high school graduation and enrollment. There is now.

So while I probably would not sign, some may for the publicity. If they follow through with their enrollment and go through spring ball, they have fullfilled their NLOI obligations, I think

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I'm so excited about this kid. This commit has the potential to change the trajectory of our football program. I know it's silly to think one player can do that at this level, but it's like the missing link. I hope he's relentless in helping us sign a top class.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'm so excited about this kid. This commit has the potential to change the trajectory of our football program. I know it's silly to think one player can do that at this level, but it's like the missing link. I hope he's relentless in helping us sign a top class.
It's not silly to think one player can change the trajectory of the program bro...an Elite QB can absolutely have that kind of effect on a program.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really think this will turn the tide for this class. Maybe he is the one piece that we've needed for a long time. I would expect many to want to come and play with him. Could be the beginning of many good things to come.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I typed this yesterday.
Ok the Golden Corral is now in my mind. Yall convinced me. I hope he WANTS to be a gator. We need talent with leadership under center to help unite gatornation.
I committed to the Golden Corral yesterday and then he committed to us.
Coincidence? You're welcome. I dont want ANY DUMPER TALK FOR A FEW DAYS....................and this means YOU!!!!

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Despite some of you negative poster's, I AM PUMPED!!!!! How could you be anything but excited! If I were an employer I would not want some of you anywhere near my business. This is huge! Look at what hope we had when we had a quarterback (Grier) and what hope and direction the program was headed. We have that possibility again! I am stoked!!!!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I've since watched several of his highlight videos and I'll say this: he has possibly the best pocket presence I've ever seen in a high school kid. He seems to always know where the pressure is coming from and has the quickness/ability to get away from it while keeping his eyes downfield the entire time. Never once thinks of tucking and running until all options are gone. Super stoked about getting him.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I've since watched several of his highlight videos and I'll say this: he has possibly the best pocket presence I've ever seen in a high school kid. He seems to always know where the pressure is coming from and has the quickness/ability to get away from it while keeping his eyes downfield the entire time. Never once thinks of tucking and running until all options are gone. Super stoked about getting him.
He's really good and i think he'll end up the best QB between he and Fields. Btw...if you notice in his highlights he's constantly scanning the field while not telegraphing where he's going with the ball. That's rare in a HS QB today...most QB'S drop back and instantly lock on to the side of the field they're going to throw to. Not this dude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.