Welcome to the new Gatorchatter! Post all your issues and annoyances here!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
There used to be up-and-down arrows when you scrolled through a thread so that you could click it and quickly move to the top or the bottom of a thread. I think those were available when you first moved to this new software. I don’t see them. I’m not sure if it’s a setting on my side?
Up arrow is on the top right hand side of each and every post ( small blue arrow). Down arrow has been retired along with all my OxCoin.... stolen in the great GC rip-off of 2022.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If it's a thread that has unread messages, the title is bold and you just click on it and it will take you to the first unread post.
There does seem to be a period of time, to which I have no idea how long, but threads will start you over on the first post, even when you've been in that thread before.
It's as if the system only "holds the place" for unread posts for so long before it just starts you over.

Just happened to me on the Dinner Time thread in the Lounge, which I've even posted in before.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There does seem to be a period of time, to which I have no idea how long, but threads will start you over on the first post, even when you've been in that thread before.
It's as if the system only "holds the place" for unread posts for so long before it just starts you over.

Just happened to me on the Dinner Time thread in the Lounge, which I've even posted in before.
That happened on the old board too, if it was a thread you hadn’t gone into for a long period of time. If that happens, just click the “Jump to New” button that’s right there.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't read through everything, but this website is routinely locking up for me these days. Using Safari. Load the page, links etc initially work ok, then scroll about halfway down the page and everything becomes unresponsive. Switched over to chrome and it seems to work ok.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Solution:
Don't use trash Apple products :proud:

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't read through everything, but this website is routinely locking up for me these days. Using Safari. Load the page, links etc initially work ok, then scroll about halfway down the page and everything becomes unresponsive. Switched over to chrome and it seems to work ok.

This has happened to me on my iPad but not on my PC and not on my Android phone.

Also happened to me on a different forum - I have a feeling it has something to do with Twitter embeds on Xenforo and Safari-based browsers.

I don't know what it is specifically, but some other folks complained on the other forum as well, so we are not alone.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This has happened to me on my iPad but not on my PC and not on my Android phone.

Also happened to me on a different forum - I have a feeling it has something to do with Twitter embeds on Xenforo and Safari-based browsers.

I don't know what it is specifically, but some other folks complained on the other forum as well, so we are not alone.
Neither my iphone or ipad will even open the page anymore.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
These three button need cleaning up IMO.

You'd think that clicking the "FORUMS" button in the green circle would take you to a list of....forums. But it doesn't, it takes you to a list of forum tools mostly related to the current forum, such as new posts, watch threads, etc. It should be labeled Tools, or Forum Tools, or something else.

The HOME button gives a partial list of forums, the most common ones. But for instance, THIS forum isn't on the list. When I tried to come here and report some issues, it was a bear to get here. The only way to do it was to navigate to another forum, such as the Main Sports Forum, and find the other FORUMS button, the blue one circled in red. That one contains a list of all the forums.

Nothing earth-shattering, unless you like stuff to be perfect.

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 9.26.46 AM.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
These three button need cleaning up IMO.

You'd think that clicking the "FORUMS" button in the green circle would take you to a list of....forums. But it doesn't, it takes you to a list of forum tools mostly related to the current forum, such as new posts, watch threads, etc. It should be labeled Tools, or Forum Tools, or something else.

The HOME button gives a partial list of forums, the most common ones. But for instance, THIS forum isn't on the list. When I tried to come here and report some issues, it was a bear to get here. The only way to do it was to navigate to another forum, such as the Main Sports Forum, and find the other FORUMS button, the blue one circled in red. That one contains a list of all the forums.

Nothing earth-shattering, unless you like stuff to be perfect.

View attachment 45679
When you hover over the words on the tab bar, they show a drop down of stuff. But if you just CLICK on the word, it takes you to the places the word says. Click FORUMS on the tab bar and guess what? It will take you to the forum list. Want another? CLICK on HOME, and it takes you to the home page. Brilliant!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When you hover over the words on the tab bar, they show a drop down of stuff. But if you just CLICK on the word, it takes you to the places the word says. Click FORUMS on the tab bar and guess what? It will take you to the forum list. Want another? CLICK on HOME, and it takes you to the home page. Brilliant!
Well now that you point it out, I see that it does that. Not sure I would classify it as 'brilliant.' The vast majority of web pages I've ever visited either allow you to select something from the drop down menu, or clicking on the header opens the exact same menu in a full page. But hey, I'm sure I'm the only one who finds it confusing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well now that you point it out, I see that it does that. Not sure I would classify it as 'brilliant.' The vast majority of web pages I've ever visited either allow you to select something from the drop down menu, or clicking on the header opens the exact same menu in a full page. But hey, I'm sure I'm the only one who finds it confusing.
You are the only one, yes. Everyone else has figured out how to click a box.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure if I missed it. But it would be really helpful to have a previous, next, and page selection menu at the top of the thread. Just like we have on the bottom.

I think On3 uses the same form developer. It looks virtually identical. So that should be able to be a simple solution.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
I’m not sure if I missed it. But it would be really helpful to have a previous, next, and page selection menu at the top of the thread. Just like we have on the bottom.

I think On3 uses the same form developer. It looks virtually identical. So that should be a simple solution.
I think the one thats there should work pretty well....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That happened on the old board too, if it was a thread you hadn’t gone into for a long period of time. If that happens, just click the “Jump to New” button that’s right there.

It doesn’t show it if there hasn’t been a new post since you were last there.

I think the one thats there should work pretty well....
Examples. 1st one shows whew it doesn’t say “jump to new” or show the pages navigation up top.

ECB4E0F2-C52F-4FD0-8B83-56A78E01044B.jpeg

This one shows where it has the page navigation on the bottom.

13825CA6-AA07-4273-A9D7-980845DA4441.jpeg

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
@oxrageous I've noticed that as of yesterday,
- any time I navigate to a new page or
- select Jump to New or
- check on my Alerts (the bell, top right) and go to a selected alert
...that I am directed to the BOTTOM of the page. It no longer takes me to where I last was or to the "liked" comment or to the top of the page. For instance, if I get to the bottom of 1 page and select NEXT, it used to take me to the top of the next page but now only takes me to the bottom of the next page.

I don't like being on bottom and prefer the top.

It does it on desktop version (Windows for desktop and Firefox browser) and cell phone (Android Samsung through Firefox browser window).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes posts are slow to actually post once selecting the post reply button...kind of like it is buffering.
Does this on both desktop and mobile.
While it doesn't seem to happen all of the time, it does seem to happen often.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This slowly started happening over the past week or so. Anyone else having this issue? The emoji’s are gone.

A0864DE2-15EB-456A-BFE4-3F5EC1D0BD14.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator