Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Didn’t he leave behind some kind of controversy at Vandy after he left? Looking the other way on players rape allegations or something if I remember correctly. I wouldn’t think the university would hire someone with any kind of questionable character in this day and age.
Franklin is a doosh. F' him.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Mullen has everybody right where he wants. He knew he was supposed to beat Kentucky -- no big praise for that. So, he cared too little. Now, he can get guru-doo credit for pulling the Gators back on track. IMO Mullen's ego drives recklessly. He's already sideswiped AR15.
How's he going to get back on tract when UGA beats us by 4 TD's? We'll probably lose to LSU also, although they are as bad as us so we might pull that one out, but not likely.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
They made the Orange Bowl that year, which immediately delivered some irony.

manginoorange2_thumb_450x298.png
run orange, run.....you're just the right size!

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Had an argument with a guy on Facebook yesterday with the whole who you gonna get stick. Asked him in year 4 what we do consistently well. Special teams, defense, recruiting, verticals passing? Haven’t heard back.

This ^^^ We don't do anything well. If we were recruiting at a good clip, anybody dumb enough to still have this moron's back still could say Hey give him time because we have some 5 stars coming in here. But even that's not a good enough reason to keep him. He is an embarrassment to this program. The Darth Vader thing, trying to start a fight at midfield, I could list a dozen more things...He shouldn't get any more time to damage the program. He is not a good fit here. Year 4 and nothing is going well.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
My current wish list:

1. Randy Edsall
2. Walt Bell
3. Mike Bloomgren
4. Jedd Fisch
5. Marcus Arroyo

Never heard of any of them.

Josh McDaniels would be / should be on any short list, but I think he is strictly an NFL type.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Kellen Moore is an interesting prospect. I like the idea, but have a feeling hes going to be all NFL as well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Kansas hasn't won more than 3 games in a season in the decade since Mangino left.

Yeah, but that kid likely hasn't recovered either. A stern talking to in a raised voice, f bombs peppered in sporadically? Not to mention having his head turned back to Mangino's face twice. Then the poking into his chest, possibly using two fingers for emphasis. You just don't come back from that.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Had an argument with a guy on Facebook yesterday with the whole who you gonna get stick. Asked him in year 4 what we do consistently well. Special teams, defense, recruiting, verticals passing? Haven’t heard back.
We run one hell of a punt formation

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Mangino, Ralph Friedgen, Charlie Weis, heck why not Mike Holmgren if you like that walrus look?

Could we get Bruce Arians?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mangino, Ralph Friedgen, Charlie Weis, heck why not Mike Holmgren if you like that walrus look?

Could we get Bruce Arians?

Uh yeah. I mean it’s cool that he got to tinker around with the little Super Bowl thing and an all time great, but I’m sure once his receptionist buzzes to let him know Mr. Mundee Stricklin is in the lobby and we’re there to talk about actually getting down to real football, playtime is over. In fact he probably leaves with us right then and there like Kay when Michael shows up at the school in Godfather.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Sadly, Billy Donovan remains the best suggestion to replace Mullen in this entire thread. Because there is literally nobody out there to get.

Mangina, was good for a laugh though. Maybe Billy D would consider him to coach the offensive line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.