Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
All I know for sure is that the next coach should be a fatty. Some serious fatasses are making a lot of noise right now. I want a big 'ol gut.

With Kerwin Bell now approaching 4 bills, he's looking more attractive all the time. In multiple ways. :yum:

Kerwin started juicing(the kale/mango type) and light jogging. He's down to like 185. Looks terrific.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I know for sure is that the next coach should be a fatty. Some serious fatasses are making a lot of noise right now. I want a big 'ol gut.

With Kerwin Bell now approaching 4 bills, he's looking more attractive all the time. In multiple ways. :yum:
Charlie Weis is also available.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Just throwing a name out there....Bill O'Brien is a very good coach and still relatively young at 51. When he was at Penn State for those 2 years he had them competitive under crippling sanctions. I think he's probably going back to the NFL, but you never know.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Who was that coach Kansas had a few years ago? He was a load from what I remember.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Who was that coach Kansas had a few years ago? He was a load from what I remember.
mangino.

The season they won 11 games they had one of the weakest schedules in the nation, which prompted a quite humorous college game day sign when gameday came to their school. It was a picture of mangino and it simply said, "mangino loves cupcakes"

To this day, it is still, imo, the greatest game day sign ive ever seen :lol:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
mangino.

The season they won 11 games they had one of the weakest schedules in the nation, which prompted a quite humorous college game day sign when gameday came to their school. It was a picture of mangino and it simply said, "mangino loves cupcakes"

Imagine the sweat coming off that guy on a sizzling September game in the Swamp. Lol

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
mangino.

Imagine this guy talking about conditioning, discipline and commitment.

Big-12-Media-Day-colo-1024x672.jpg

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just throwing a name out there....Bill O'Brien is a very good coach and still relatively young at 51. When he was at Penn State for those 2 years he had them competitive under crippling sanctions. I think he's probably going back to the NFL, but you never know.
This would be a great choice but like Brady, he would always be looking to get back to the NFL.

I would rather have a college coach than rent an NFL coach.

Urban will be available soon and there is no way another NFL team will take a chance and Ohio St. will never want him back. He would recruit like hell.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This would be a great choice but like Brady, he would always be looking to get back to the NFL.

I would rather have a college coach than rent an NFL coach.

Urban will be available soon and there is no way another NFL team will take a chance and Ohio St. will never want him back. He would recruit like hell.
O'Brien flopped with the Texans because he wanted to be GM as well. He should have stuck with just being the HC because he was a terrible GM. So would he accept a head coach position and not be GM.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Doug Peterson is available....

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Joe Brady or Kellen Moore if we are looking at OC candidates both are younger and have bright offensive minds.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously mangino is passed on. But I'll give him props. I don't think Kansas has even made a bowl game since he left or got fired . They had a qb that could sling it a little if I remember correctly.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Had an argument with a guy on Facebook yesterday with the whole who you gonna get stick. Asked him in year 4 what we do consistently well. Special teams, defense, recruiting, verticals passing? Haven’t heard back.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Obviously mangino is passed on. But I'll give him props. I don't think Kansas has even made a bowl game since he left or got fired . They had a qb that could sling it a little if I remember correctly.

They made the Orange Bowl that year, which immediately delivered some irony.

manginoorange2_thumb_450x298.png

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
He would be dead by Q3 of the opener. We'd be up like 60, so there's that. But still dead.

Not to mention all the renovations they'd have to do after knocking a hole in the side of Ben Hill in order to get an excavator in to drag his dead ass out. Probably be much cheaper to hire a couple dozen mexicans just to dig a hole and bury his ass right there in the Swamp.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Not to mention all the renovations they'd have to do after knocking a hole in the side of Ben Hill in order to get an excavator in to drag his dead ass out. Probably be much cheaper to hire a couple dozen mexicans just to dig a hole and bury his ass right there in the Swamp.

No way that guy can use a regular size toilet either. They’d have to widen all the door frames on campus as well.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
O'Brien flopped with the Texans because he wanted to be GM as well. He should have stuck with just being the HC because he was a terrible GM. So would he accept a head coach position and not be GM.

Well if he flopped as a GM, do we want him? Several of us have talked about wanting a coach to come in and run the enterprise, not just offense or defense, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator