Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I think someone mentioned Brad Wilkerson when Sully was getting the LSU gig, although I didn’t think Brad was the guy at the time, I’m down for him taking over the football program

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whomever it is, do we really want Scott Stricklin making that decision after the ill-timed rewards tossed at Mac and Mullen? It’s clear he has no business being in charge of a P5 program.

Mullen I have no major beef with. He is who he is. We could and should have known better. It’s Stricklin who willingly dug the hole five feet and five years deeper with the “safe” pick and who’s now doubled down on his major mistake by offering a hefty raise to a guy who’s essentially achieved nothing.

No more consumer staples CEOs. We’re a mega tech. We need a mega tech leader. Get a goddamn football mind for a change.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
Who plays the part of Mahomes?

AR isn't Mahomes, but with some competent QB coaching and the right gameplan he could definitely run some of the concepts. He can also do things with his legs that Mahomes can't.

Maybe "KC Chiefs lite" offense would've been better phrasing. It'd obviously need to be adapted (we're short a Kelce and a Hill, too), but bringing some of those concepts and that mindset into the college world would be fun to watch.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Whomever it is, do we really want Scott Stricklin making that decision after the ill-timed rewards tossed at Mac and Mullen? It’s clear he has no business being in charge of a P5 program.

Mullen I have no major beef with. He is who he is. We could and should have known better. It’s Stricklin who willingly dug the hole five feet and five years deeper with the “safe” pick and who’s now doubled down on his major mistake by offering a hefty raise to a guy who’s essentially achieved nothing.

No more consumer staples CEOs. We’re a mega tech. We need a mega tech leader. Get a goddamn football mind for a change.
It's just impossible to believe they would let Stricklin go. They absolutely love that guy. Fuchs wears Stricklin pajamas. It's all about dollars and cents to them, not wins and losses.

Unless Mullen forces his way out like Butters did, he's going to be here next year. The one change may be that he has to fire Grantham, toss the mob a head.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's just impossible to believe they would let Stricklin go. They absolutely love that guy. Fuchs wears Stricklin pajamas.

Unless Mullen forces his way out like Butters did, he's going to be here next year. The one change may be that he has to fire Grantham, toss the mob a head.

This is very feasible and I could easily see where Cousin Eddie hies a DC who is in fact worse than Joe Lee Dunn Jr. (if that is possible) or someone who turns out to be worse, just so Cousin Eddie can get his papers. As you mentioned, Cousin Eddie wants out ASAP, but he wants to make sure he gets all the money he thinks he is entitled to. There is no chance a guy will ever do anything to help his cause when he is the cause and wants to be gone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So is Urbs....are you telling me you wouldn't want him back?
Oh yes, Meyer and Kiffin have exactly the same coaching track record. :rolleyes:

You used to contribute something from time to time. It's been a LONG time now. There are people who can help you.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
truthfully, im not sure we could get a better DC than dwagthem. everyone hates mullen and hes now officially on termination watch. who's hitching their wagon to this shtshow now? if a change was gonna be made, it should have and had to have been done last season. its too late now.

its game over for danny at this point. no way he doesnt go down with the whole ship. he owns this whole fuchsing thing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's just impossible to believe they would let Stricklin go. They absolutely love that guy. .
We will see. He has been here 5 years and we have a foundation, some steel, and yet another "one year hold" on the football facility.

There are people inside worried about Stricklin surviving. The staff hates the thought of a new boss just because of the fear of change. We will see.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We will see. He has been here 5 years and we have a foundation, some steel, and yet another "one year hold" on the football facility.

There are people inside worried about Stricklin surviving. The staff hates the thought of a new boss just because of the fear of change. We will see.
i hate the thought of the staff.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Think of all the other 13 head coaches in the SEC. Are there any that you would NOT want instead of Mullen?

Forrest Beamer at SC and Drink at Mizzou are the only two I would debate. Every other one, even Lea at Vandy, are light years ahead of our clod HC.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Think of all the other 13 head coaches in the SEC. Are there any that you would NOT want instead of Mullen?

Forrest Beamer at SC and Drink at Mizzou are the only two I would debate. Every other one, even Lea at Vandy, are light years ahead of our clod HC.

Which is why I always said when Cousin Eddie's coached squad tangled with Farmer Fran's coached squad, it is the annual battle of the 2 worst HC's in the SEC. Cousin Eddie will no longer have that monumental trophy game to look forward to.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Is there any hope that we actually make a change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator