Who starts at QB next year?

Who is QB1 game 1 next season?

• Total voters

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We won 4 games prior to his arrival, he's lost 5 in 2 seasons combined and you think a loss to UGA next yr would put him on the hotseat? Thats hilarious

So we had a 4 win roster and you defend Butters.. at least we have established the type of pumper you are.

Wanna talk about talent from that team? In the past 3 drafts, we've had 7 players taken in the first 2 rounds of the draft, total. And most were DBs. You are what your record says you are. They were a 4 win team.

You are already established your lack of knowledge... you may shut the fck up now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Trask is enjoying the sh!t out of being a Starting QB for once, playing every damn quarter. Pretty certain the NFL is going to tell him to get another year of actual game experience under his belt before attempting to go league.
:exactly: They want to see how he responds to teams having an offseason to prepare for him.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've just got a queezy feeling that if Franks is healthy, due to Mullen's lovefest with him and stubbornness to stay with him, that he'll start. Hopefully Franks leaves and Emory stays.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Agreed. I think he's got a leash about 7 miles long. Frankly, Butters would still be here if he didn't force his way out with the death threats thing. Stricklin hates coaching searches because he has to get off his ass and work.

Mullen's seat is absolutely ice cold, and will be ice cold for years. As long as we win 9+ games, losing to UGA every year for the next decade won't get him canned. Championships don't matter either to Stricklin.

Actually I can see Strickin forcing changes on Mullen.

Florida needs a better DC, another year of not being able to stop the likes of LSU and Georgia on 3rd down and a change could be forced from Strickiin. If we keep giving good teams a pass on 3rd down there will be so much noise in the system a change will have to happen.

If Mullen won’t do it Stricklin will have to force Mullen to make a change there.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Actually I can see Strickin forcing changes on Mullen.

Florida needs a better DC, another year of not being able to stop the likes of LSU and Georgia on 3rd down and a change could be forced from Strickiin. If we keep giving good teams a pass on 3rd down there will be so much noise in the system a change will have to happen.

If Mullen won’t do it Stricklin will have to force Mullen to make a change there.
Yeah, that’s gonna happen.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've just got a queezy feeling that if Franks is healthy, due to Mullen's lovefest with him and stubbornness to stay with him, that he'll start. Hopefully Franks leaves and Emory stays.

I doubt Mullen is that crazy but if Franks doesn't transfer or head to baseball it will have people wondering.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he wants to kiss the fanbase goodbye I think that would be a great strategy. He’d never recover from doing that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I doubt Mullen is that crazy but if Franks doesn't transfer or head to baseball it will have people wondering.

If and when Franks doesn’t transfer, I’ve already prepared myself mentally for the inevitability that lies ahead. Not so much actually seeing him start, but seeing you post the insinuation that he will no less than 1000 times in the months leading up to kickoff.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If he wants to kiss the fanbase goodbye I think that would be a great strategy. He’d never recover from doing that.

This. Mullen is already the butt of jokes with nfl scouts because of starting Feleipe Fraud over Trask. Imagine him starting chin hairs again next season. There would be a riot.

Personally, I'd love to know what it was that won Fraud the job. Is Trask a poor practice player? Or did Mullen get seduced by that Mahomes-like arm? It is embarrassing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If and when Franks doesn’t transfer, I’ve already prepared myself mentally for the inevitability that lies ahead. Not so much actually seeing him start, but seeing you post the insinuation that he will no less than 1000 times in the months leading up to kickoff.

Was that you or someone else that told me I was nuts and an idiot about Mullen being hard headed and not replacing starting QBs untill the starter left a game due to injury - even when it was clear the backup should have been playing?

It was said prior to Franks injury.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Was that you or someone else that told me I was nuts and an idiot about Mullen being hard headed and not replacing starting QBs untill the starter left a game due to injury - even when it was clear the backup should have been playing?

It was said prior to Franks injury.

Well I can’t say for sure. But I generally don’t think to call someone crazy unless it’s an extremely far fetched notion, which wouldn’t be the case here. All coaches are stubborn. But, at the risk of going repeat mode myself, I’ll continue to say there was nothing definitive—not practice reports, real game reps or hints from players in the locker room—that said Trask was the better option. Rather, he looked shaky in games outside of garbage time last year, years of practice reports echoed a similar verdict, and players took to social media in defense of their embattled QB, even after he nearly singlehandedly lost the um game for us.

Some guys flip a switch. I believe KT is one of those guys. You’ve been right before though, so maybe you just nailed this.

Btw, I don’t go drugs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This. Mullen is already the butt of jokes with nfl scouts because of starting Feleipe Fraud over Trask. Imagine him starting chin hairs again next season. There would be a riot.

Personally, I'd love to know what it was that won Fraud the job. Is Trask a poor practice player? Or did Mullen get seduced by that Mahomes-like arm? It is embarrassing.

Mullen is just hard headed and likes to go with experience initially. He pulled the same mess with Alex Smith and Prescott. Leak is the only case where it made sense though I have no doubt with a few games under his belt Tebow would have been the better option than Leak.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well I can’t say for sure. But I generally don’t think to call someone crazy unless it’s an extremely far fetched notion, which wouldn’t be the case here. All coaches are stubborn. But, at the risk of going repeat mode myself, I’ll continue to say there was nothing definitive—not practice reports, real game reps or hints from players in the locker room—that said Trask was the better option. Rather, he looked shaky in games outside of garbage time last year, years of practice reports echoed a similar verdict, and players took to social media in defense of their embattled QB, even after he nearly singlehandedly lost the um game for us.

Some guys flip a switch. I believe KT is one of those guys. You’ve been right before though, so maybe you just nailed this.

Btw, I don’t go drugs.

Not sure if it was you but you seem to be wrong more than most.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

source.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The only think Sofla is wrong about is being an Eagles fan, but we look past that... we just don't let him near batteries or snowballs. He also must stay 500 feet from Santa Claus due to the restraining order... but he doesn't talk about that.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I could come up with a list of 50, but what difference would that make? We don't make that decision.
I'd absolutely LOVE to see this list of 50 coaches better than Mullen that UF could hire right now. Youre insane.
Nearly everyone here is quick to call for a mans job but when you ask for the replacement they go crickets or say "Oh I have a list" yet its never posted. Laughable.
The same ppl who want TG fired, when asked who they want in return will give the name of a current NFL HC.. Let me say that again, they think an NFL HEAD COACH will leave the pros, bypass a Coordinator job at that level and come to UF as a DC. Again, laughable. That or they give the name of a College HC or DC whos defense gets shredded weekly then when you mention that they bring up talent, but TG doesnt get that pass/excuse.
So either put your nuts on the table and make a list of realistic replacements or Just cut the bs, say you dont like the guy and leave it at that. I can respect that more than these weak responses Ive been getting on this topic.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd absolutely LOVE to see this list of 50 coaches better than Mullen that UF could hire right now. Youre insane.
Nearly everyone here is quick to call for a mans job but when you ask for the replacement they go crickets or say "Oh I have a list" yet its never posted. Laughable.
The same ppl who want TG fired, when asked who they want in return will give the name of a current NFL HC.. Let me say that again, they think an NFL HEAD COACH will leave the pros, bypass a Coordinator job at that level and come to UF as a DC. Again, laughable. That or they give the name of a College HC or DC whos defense gets shredded weekly then when you mention that they bring up talent, but TG doesnt get that pass/excuse.
So either put your nuts on the table and make a list of realistic replacements or Just cut the bs, say you dont like the guy and leave it at that. I can respect that more than these weak responses Ive been getting on this topic.

Curious where you would rank Mullen among SEC coaches and recruiting is part of that mix. I think the media ovveranks Mullen as a head coach at this point with their lists many times. He has done a good job overall but nothing compared to those elite ones like Meyer and Saban and that is adjusting for where he was at also imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator