Who starts at QB next year?

Who is QB1 game 1 next season?

• Total voters

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
this is about a weak of a response as I've seen. You are able to say he isnt the right guy but unable to offer up an improvement?
Not weak at all. The two are completely mutually exclusive. Not sure what you don't get about that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nor do we decide if his seat is really hot. We could talk about it though.
Agreed. I think he's got a leash about 7 miles long. Frankly, Butters would still be here if he didn't force his way out with the death threats thing. Stricklin hates coaching searches because he has to get off his ass and work.

Mullen's seat is absolutely ice cold, and will be ice cold for years. As long as we win 9+ games, losing to UGA every year for the next decade won't get him canned. Championships don't matter either to Stricklin.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Not weak at all. The two are completely mutually exclusive. Not sure what you don't get about that.
It's a copout, because you want to complain but actually dont have any substance to back it up. It's all opinions. You just choose to only post your negative ones. You saying if Mullen loses to uga next year he isnt the right coach is an opinion . You saying his seat would be warm is an opinion . But you clam up and have no opinion on who would be a better coach at UF? its spineless.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
It's a copout, because you want to complain but actually dont have any substance to back it up. It's all opinions. You just choose to only post your negative ones. You saying if Mullen loses to uga next year he isnt the right coach is an opinion . You saying his seat would be warm is an opinion . But you clam up and have no opinion on who would be a better coach at UF? its spineless.
Huh, nothing but opinions on a message board. Who’d have thought? BTW, I never said if he loses to UGA next year he’s not the right guy. Just said his seat would get hot. I did say if he proves he can’t beat UGA he should be gone. And I stand by that. Sorry I don’t scour the College football landscape for potential replacements in the event we start another search. Pretty sure we’re way far away from that anyway.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Huh, nothing but opinions on a message board. Who’d have thought? BTW, I never said if he loses to UGA next year he’s not the right guy. Just said his seat would get hot. I did say if he proves he can’t beat UGA he should be gone. And I stand by that. Sorry I don’t scour the College football landscape for potential replacements in the event we start another search. Pretty sure we’re way far away from that anyway.
YL, you cannot criticize Mullen without offering up a replacement. It's not permitted.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

We will have become a joke if Mullen survives four losses to GA in a row without making an SECCG.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We will have become a joke if Mullen survives four losses to GA in a row without making an SECCG.
So a 10 win season and a loss to UGA makes us a joke?

I think it does, but does Stricklin? Hell no.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, this may be right, unfortunately. Strucklin thinks 7-5 is great.

The Lost Decades continue was always my expectation once we made this hire.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think having the decent first 2 seasons is what would make the fans want him gone if he still can't beat the buttsniffers after 4 years. I think if he went 7-5 that first season he might have survived but not now.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I could come up with a list of 50, but what difference would that make? We don't make that decision.
I’d be interested in your list of 50. Maybe instead of troll-like “Butters would still be here” posts, you could provide your top 50 list.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Agreed. I think he's got a leash about 7 miles long. Frankly, Butters would still be here if he didn't force his way out with the death threats thing. Stricklin hates coaching searches because he has to get off his ass and work.

Mullen's seat is absolutely ice cold, and will be ice cold for years. As long as we win 9+ games, losing to UGA every year for the next decade won't get him canned. Championships don't matter either to Stricklin.
I agree with this 100%

Mullen's earning equity now. As long as it doesn't bottom out like it did with Muschamp, when he lost to Ga. So., he'll be fine.

And good point about Mac. He wasn't fired for performance, rather that embarrassing death threat fiasco. If not for that, he may still be here.

Fans, of course, would freak out. You guys freak out after every play if it doesn't result in a touchdown. But the administration hasn't shown that they are willing to fire based on performance.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Mullen’s seat should be absolutely cold right now. He’s about to win 10 games each of his first 2 seasons...possibly 11 this year with a bowl win. His only 2 losses this year are to #1 on the road and #4 at a neutral site. After what he inherited, they gotta be ecstatic about where the program is. The administration would look like morons to run him off at this point in time.
We may disagree but we’re in the minority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.