Why Hire Jim McElwain When You Could Hire Lane Kiffin?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin is a good coordinator but a terrible head coach. He literally has proven he is incapable of doing the job. I have NO idea where this comes from. Any school that hires him should just fire their AD for being a retard.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why? Because he's been a failure at every head coaching gig he's had.

Anymore BRAIN BUSTERS????

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Not sure he is fit to be a head coach and I don't see the NFL coming to call on him for a long time if ever again. Orgeron would be brought along if this nightmare fantasy happened most likely. I will admit he can recruit and while they looked to be on the rise his first year at Tenn we will never know if that would have truly happened. As for USC he recruited great players, but was never able to put it all together. Not sure Stark will either as I think times have changed after all the stuff Carrol was doing or ignoring. Oh yea he's also an d**kh**d.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wish Freek would put stuff like this out again....he's gotten stale lately......

133663.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;121199 said:
I understand your feelings, and I felt the same way when the guy was at Tennessee. But I will tell you that when someone is on the opposite sideline they look different than when they are on your sideline. For us, Spurrier is great, but for fans of other SEC schools, Spurrier was a jerk. Your perspective changes from where you are standing. Another example is Urban Meyer. We loved him when he won championships. He was a doucebag when he crawled under his wife bed and fell in love with Brutus Buckeye.

I think he's more of a sleaze because of how he left Tennessee, how he recruits, how he deflated balls during a game at USC, and how he consistently lies. I don't have a problem with the narcissistic sleaze side.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I did not see anything or hear anything about Lane Kiffin being a douchebag this year on the sideline at Alabama. What I did see was a coach who helped Nick Saban and Alabama have a good chance at winning the national championship this year.

I know where all of ya'll are coming from. Kiffin was seen as scum by fans of other SEC fans when he was at Tennessee. And he was seen by Vol fans as the same when he left them in the middle of the night. But as I have said, how you view somebody depends on where you are standing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One of the things Foley wants is somebody with INTEGRITY... Kiffin has none. I don't understand how anybody would want such a low class person to represent the University of Florida. Maybe you are an alumni... maybe not... all I know is that I want my degree to be respected and if Kiffin is representing the university as head football coach... the degree loses respect.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin would be a perfect fit in Nebraska. Their faux integrity is nearly as bad as FSU, dating back to Osborne's prime having his players 'roided up big time.

It would be entertaining to watch Kiffin and Leyer having a spat in their lace underwear.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
ATXGator;n121256 said:
One of the things Foley wants is somebody with INTEGRITY... Kiffin has none. I don't understand how anybody would want such a low class person to represent the University of Florida. Maybe you are an alumni... maybe not... all I know is that I want my degree to be respected and if Kiffin is representing the university as head football coach... the degree loses respect.

I am a graduate of the University of Florida. It is not the only school I hold a degree from, but I have followed Florida football for a long time. There are people from colleges like Harvard or Yale who would say your degree loses respect if you pay your football coach 4 or 5 million dollars a year so don't go too holier than thou on this.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
oxrageous;n121208 said:
He's not even on the friggin' list, so why waste time with this nonsense? Maybe we should waste more time discussing whether or not Bill Belichick would be a good candidate.

It would be a better use of time, no doubt.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
HogtownGator;n121218 said:
:lmao: Dude - c'mon, we are talking about Gainesville.

You've never been to Independence, Mississippi where Hugh Freeze is from have you Dude?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n121252 said:
I did not see anything or hear anything about Lane Kiffin being a douchebag this year on the sideline at Alabama. What I did see was a coach who helped Nick Saban and Alabama have a good chance at winning the national championship this year.

I know where all of ya'll are coming from. Kiffin was seen as scum by fans of other SEC fans when he was at Tennessee. And he was seen by Vol fans as the same when he left them in the middle of the night. But as I have said, how you view somebody depends on where you are standing.
You didn't mention how USC was so fed up they fired him in a parking lot and left him for dead.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
oxrageous;n121295 said:
You didn't mention how USC was so fed up they fired him in a parking lot and left him for dead.

Yeah and then they hire Coach Yaw Yaw and he went 6-2.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n121182 said:
Why hire Jim McElwain when you could hire Lane Kiffin? McElwain was the Alabama offensive coordinator when they ran the conservative run first offense that Muschamp wanted to bring to Florida. Lane Kiffin as the offensive coordinator of Alabama opened up the offense. Does anyone think Alabama would have set the offensive records they did this year in total offense if Lane Kiffin was not on the sideline calling plays?

McElwain has been the head coach at Colorado State in some second tier conference, but Kiffin has been the head coach at a major SEC school. Think back to when Kiffin was at Tennessee. He had Tennessee on the upswing. When Kiffin bolted in the middle of the night for the bright lights of Southern California, UT students marched in protest because they were upset the were losing a really good coach. Would they raise such a ruckus today if Butch Jones said he was leaving?

When Kiffin was hired by Tennessee we had just gone through the Phil Fulmer-Steve Spurrier era. Tennessee was looking for someone to counter Urban Meyer. They tried to find their own version of Steve Spurrier. Now, before you go off, I am not comparing Lane Kiffin to Steve Spurrier. I am saying that Tennessee felt that Phil Fulmer was too old, too fat, too conservative to lead Tennessee in a new era of modern football.

Kiffin was brash. He could get under your skin. He could recruit. He even wore a visor. He took down General Neyland’s Maxims which Tennessee players had recited before each game. That did not set well with a lot of the historical Tennessee faithful, but the Maxims are the Bible of coaches like Bob Woodruff, Doug Dickey, and Will Muschamp.

Kiffin has SEC ties besides his time at Tennessee. His brother is an assistant at Ole Miss. His wife is the daughter of former Florida great John Reaves. He has a year under his belt as Nick Saban’s offensive coordinator. Saban knows a thing or two about coaches. He brought Kiffin to Tuscaloosa when a lot of other people thought Saban was showing the early signs of dementia. Look who was right.

Kiffin is not a small town Mississippi boy like Hugh Freeze who I have the greatest respect for by the way. Freeze is not leaving Ole Miss. Kiffin would be comfortable in modern, urban cosmopolitan Florida. Kiffin, like Spurrier, has an edge to him. He can push the envelope. He is available and would be grateful if Foley hired him. I think he learned a lot about the way he left Knoxville. I don’t know all the reasons why things did not work out for him at USC because I don’t follow West Coast football.

I think the best coach for UF is available for the asking and is sitting right there not that far away in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Hire him before Nebraska does.

fullretard.jpg

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I have not gone full retard, but I expected this reaction because I know the way we felt about Kiffin when he was at Tennessee. But just comparing him to Jim McElwain and what McElwain has done, I don't see how you can say McElwain would be a better head coach when comparing what the two men have done. You have to get beyond your visceral dislike for Kiffin before you can rationally see him as a head coach. Some of us won't be able to do that. But listen to this You Tube video. Read the article I posted earlier in the thread about how Nick Saban was right about Kiffin when everybody else was wrong, and if I still can't convince you then fine, we've had the discussion.

If we don't hire Kiffin I'm certainly not going to care.

On the video, you might not want to listen to the whole thing, but scroll forward to the 13 minute mark. A lot of you may be interested in Kiffin's comments about quarterbacks.

[YouTube]NV1f2Fzd2s4&spfreload=10[/YouTube]

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n121182 said:
Why hire Jim McElwain when you could hire Lane Kiffin? McElwain was the Alabama offensive coordinator when they ran the conservative run first offense that Muschamp wanted to bring to Florida. Lane Kiffin as the offensive coordinator of Alabama opened up the offense. Does anyone think Alabama would have set the offensive records they did this year in total offense if Lane Kiffin was not on the sideline calling plays?

McElwain has been the head coach at Colorado State in some second tier conference, but Kiffin has been the head coach at a major SEC school. Think back to when Kiffin was at Tennessee. He had Tennessee on the upswing. When Kiffin bolted in the middle of the night for the bright lights of Southern California, UT students marched in protest because they were upset the were losing a really good coach. Would they raise such a ruckus today if Butch Jones said he was leaving?

When Kiffin was hired by Tennessee we had just gone through the Phil Fulmer-Steve Spurrier era. Tennessee was looking for someone to counter Urban Meyer. They tried to find their own version of Steve Spurrier. Now, before you go off, I am not comparing Lane Kiffin to Steve Spurrier. I am saying that Tennessee felt that Phil Fulmer was too old, too fat, too conservative to lead Tennessee in a new era of modern football.

Kiffin was brash. He could get under your skin. He could recruit. He even wore a visor. He took down General Neyland’s Maxims which Tennessee players had recited before each game. That did not set well with a lot of the historical Tennessee faithful, but the Maxims are the Bible of coaches like Bob Woodruff, Doug Dickey, and Will Muschamp.

Kiffin has SEC ties besides his time at Tennessee. His brother is an assistant at Ole Miss. His wife is the daughter of former Florida great John Reaves. He has a year under his belt as Nick Saban’s offensive coordinator. Saban knows a thing or two about coaches. He brought Kiffin to Tuscaloosa when a lot of other people thought Saban was showing the early signs of dementia. Look who was right.

Kiffin is not a small town Mississippi boy like Hugh Freeze who I have the greatest respect for by the way. Freeze is not leaving Ole Miss. Kiffin would be comfortable in modern, urban cosmopolitan Florida. Kiffin, like Spurrier, has an edge to him. He can push the envelope. He is available and would be grateful if Foley hired him. I think he learned a lot about the way he left Knoxville. I don’t know all the reasons why things did not work out for him at USC because I don’t follow West Coast football.

I think the best coach for UF is available for the asking and is sitting right there not that far away in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Hire him before Nebraska does.

claybmt

Sep 15, 2014
Wasn't Kiffin the first person to coach a preseason #1 team all the way out of the top 25 by years end? Sure the roster was depleted thanks to sanctions, but he had enough talent to at least finish in the top 25 that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator