Will Grier Speculation Thread

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You believe that? They are going to throw the ball a million times a game, something Grier did in high school like no other. His stats are going to be unbelievable.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Damn.....I was looking for a video and found this.....It almost made me cry! How I'll miss those NFL caliber throws.....That perfect timing almost always hitting the receiver in stride....The ability to see the field and even look off a safety.....To haul a$$ with 4.5 speed and pick up 1st down when everything is covered......It, it, it's almost like we had a real QB......

:cry2:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn.....I was looking for a video and found this.....It almost made me cry! How I'll miss those NFL caliber throws.....That perfect timing almost always hitting the receiver in stride....The ability to see the field and even look off a safety.....To haul a$$ with 4.5 speed and pick up 1st down when everything is covered......It, it, it's almost like we had a real QB......

:flush:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He will do good in that offense and have big numbers like most QBs do at West Virginia under that coach but I don't see them taking the next step forward and winning the Big 12 just because Grier will be their QB now. My guess would be about the same results as this past season with that QB who is leaving. He is pretty much a lock to be the starter looking at the roster however.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Well that was depressing, kid was just a phenomenal talent, and the sky was the limit imo, can't even imagine how things would look now on that side of the ball had he stayed. Actually I can, which sucks even more. C'est la vie.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

That was really us?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Damn. To me, the 4th down TD pass at Tennessee win was the equivalent to "Doerings got a touchdown". I honestly felt the same about Grier as I did Danny (at that point in thier careers). (*&*&)^*&)&*%^^%&(*%&^

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sports medicine has long held that guys who sit out a year or two are never the same. They come back without the same confidence and usually without the same physical skills. I anticipate that Grier has lost a step and won't have quite the same zip on his passes or even the same quick release.

It's a shame. He could have been the next Next. Instead he chose Morgantown.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Grier hype seems to get stronger by the day for about 4 quarters of real good play. He has some talent but the hype seems ridiculous at times for what has been done on the field so far.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Wow I noticed in that tribute film was what absolutely great receivers we had back then that we lost... Powell, Goolsby, Callaway ... freshmen too --- oh?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hype? It's just being able to recognize real talent!

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Ya, remember that Missouri game when tore them up?..... This is along on the themes of the negators multiple posts around here. "Lets talk about something that has little if anything to do with the program, but it makes for a nice re-affirming narrative about our negative position around the staff and program...." Grier had about 4 good quarters in the time that he played. The jury was and still is plenty out on him. Yet people on this board lament as if he was a slam dunk to kill it this year if he stayed on the team. But, Carry on.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ya, remember that Missouri game when tore them up?..... This is along on the themes of the negators multiple posts around here. "Lets talk about something that has little if anything to do with the program, but it makes for a nice re-affirming narrative about our negative position around the staff and program...." Grier had about 4 good quarters in the time that he played. The jury was and still is plenty out on him. Yet people on this board lament as if he was a slam dunk to kill it this year if he stayed on the team. But, Carry on.

That is kind of my point also. He dang sure came right back down to earth in that Missouri game after opposing coaches got tape on those plays that got receivers so open in the first half of that Ole Miss game. That Tenn game was great but it was definitely aided by the Tenn defense playing that prevent a win defense late in the game as we didn't do crap prior to them doing that. He may turn our great we don't know but nothing to this point assures that.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

4.5 speed :rotfl:

On another note, the music perfectly sums up our feelings :lol:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
After the mizzou game: "He's only played about 4 good quarters. Not sure he's all that special."

After he decided to transfer: "He was a can't miss! Can't believe Mac forced him out! Mac must HATE the thought of winning!"

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He won't be in a Heisman ceremony. He'll be another stat padding Big 12 QB who doesn't win any championships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.