Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz commits to Gators

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i mean im all for the players being excited, but there's a distinct difference between mertz and burrow. burrow was an excellent player at OSU but b/c he wasnt as mobile as JT Barret and b/c Urban's offense was so heavily vested in a mobile qb, he didnt get the starting job. That's a lot different than a kid that played at one of the traditionally better big 10 schools for multiple seasons and was known for innacuracy, turnovers and inability to run the offense. Im sure pumps will be along to tell me what a d1ck i am for being historically and comparatively accurate, but truth offends these days so, idgaf.
???

Burrow had no stats at Ohio State.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
???

Burrow had no stats at Ohio State.
563b9fa5-b6c9-4ae9-bf40-cdac6302770e_text.gif

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, ya can look at the guy's stats at Wisky, but nobody really knows how he's going to do here. Crow will likely be served to one camp or the other. I just hope he does well enough.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Accept he's not accurate. He didn't get beat out by Barrett. He got beat out by Justin Fields
Wrong. He was behind JT Barret. He transferred after OSU 2018 spring game after playing well and throwing for multiple TDs but being told they were still going with the more mobile kid. Fields wasn't even at OSU until 2019.

Burrow also played some his soph year and had good stats. Again, complete opposite of mertz who has a proven track record of suckage. But y'all go ahead and pretend those aren't the facts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong. He was behind JT Barret. He transferred after OSU 2018 spring game after playing well and throwing for multiple TDs but being told they were still going with the more mobile kid. Fields wasn't even at OSU until 2019.

Burrow also played some his soph year and had good stats. Again, complete opposite of mertz who has a proven track record of suckage. But y'all go ahead and pretend those aren't the facts.
Barrett already graduated. He would have lost to Haskins.

Urban Meyer went on record saying that he went with Haskins because Haskins is the most talented QB he’s ever come across.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Urban Meyer went on record saying that he went with Haskins because Haskins is the most talented QB he’s ever come across.
He graduated and then burrow transferred bc they went with the more mobile kid, couldn't remember his name, Haskins. He backed up Barrett for multiple seasons.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Durty, I don't think anyone here is honestly saying that Mertz is the next Heisman-winning Joe Burrow. You're arguing with the voices in your mind.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

This is the type of extreme substance abuse I’ve warned about with Panama City. We all love Durty, but he’s got Burrows handing the ball off to Elliott in one breath and sitting behind Stroud the next. In his defense, there’s so much cocaine in his town, I think most people are just unaware.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is the type of extreme substance abuse I’ve warned about with Panama City. We all love Durty, but he’s got Burrows handing the ball off to Elliott in one breath and sitting behind Stroud the next. In his defense, there’s so much cocaine in his town, I think most people are just unaware.
All of y'all are drunk. He backed up Barrett for multiple seasons, then after 2018 spring game found out he was still going to be 2nd string so he transferred.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
All of y'all are drunk. He backed up Barrett for multiple seasons, then after 2018 spring game found out he was still going to be 2nd string so he transferred.

It’s a terrible comparison all around. Yes, he sat behind better QBs at OSu and looked decent in limited reps. But Mertz didn’t have nearly the offensive system or talent around him.

I still think there’s a real chance cocaine is involved.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hey at least he got the part about the HC right and didn’t say Tressel Hayes wouldn’t play him.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Except for being a transfer, and there are a lot of transfers, I don't get why he's being compared to Burrow. I think almost everyone would think another rags to riches transfer story would be cool, especially us, but that's just a best case hope. I think it should barely be mentioned. It's an article click thing more than a reality.

"Please... please make it happen."

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

:blahblah2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.