Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz commits to Gators

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
#metoo

Hell, I'm hoping he does so well that it's a la people saying "Trash hasn't had a start since his sophomore year in HS... there is NO WAY he'll be any good!" (that's for you, you know who, if you are lurking!)
Cerebral vs Athletic QBs. How many of SOSs QB fell into which category? Meyer's?

How many truly cerebral and athletic QBs have we had?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
#metoo

Hell, I'm hoping he does so well that it's a la people saying "Trash hasn't had a start since his sophomore year in HS... there is NO WAY he'll be any good!" (that's for you, you know who, if you are lurking!)
I can remember it like it was yesterday. I thought trask was the most embarrassing take ever lol. Considering the drought we had been in, he might be my all time favorite gator qb. I think we're all hoping for another case of the coaches seeing something the fans don't.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I can remember it like it was yesterday. I thought trask was the most embarrassing take ever lol. Considering the drought we had been in, he might be my all time favorite gator qb. I think we're all hoping for another case of the coaches seeing something the don't.
You wanna know what I can remember like it was yesterday (actually last night)?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
You wanna know what I can remember like it was yesterday (actually last night)?

Gripping Yo Momma GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i mean im all for the players being excited, but there's a distinct difference between mertz and burrow. burrow was an excellent player at OSU but b/c he wasnt as mobile as JT Barret and b/c Urban's offense was so heavily vested in a mobile qb, he didnt get the starting job. That's a lot different than a kid that played at one of the traditionally better big 10 schools for multiple seasons and was known for innacuracy, turnovers and inability to run the offense. Im sure pumps will be along to tell me what a d1ck i am for being historically and comparatively accurate, but truth offends these days so, idgaf.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
i mean im all for the players being excited, but there's a distinct difference between mertz and burrow. burrow was an excellent player at OSU but b/c he wasnt as mobile as JT Barret and b/c Urban's offense was so heavily vested in a mobile qb, he didnt get the starting job. That's a lot different than a kid that played at one of the traditionally better big 10 schools for multiple seasons and was known for innacuracy, turnovers and inability to run the offense. Im sure pumps will be along to tell me what a d1ck i am for being historically and comparatively accurate, but truth offends these days so, idgaf.
You are a d1ck for being historically and comparatively accurate.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You're a dick.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I agree with you. We are hoping for the second coming of Kyle Weurffel... or Danny Trask, if you like. I hope Mertz good and I hope our staff can design an offense and coach our QB to it. We didn't seem to do that with AR and we do not yet know if that's on AR, or if our offense is, odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator