Your Top 3 Realistic Picks to Replace Butters

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What's wrong with Urban or Richt?
Richt......no and I mean heellll noooo.....Urban is till a little afraid of Saban even though he beat Sabans worst team other than 2007 in 2014......Dabo is not afraid and could pull a reverse Saban by coming here and beating his ass too.....We could offer him 9mil.....Petrino would come for around 7 mil if we threw in a couple of Harleys and a handful of wh#res......

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
1. Steve Spurrier
2. Bill Belichick
3. Bear Bryant

Oh you said realistic...

1. Houston Nutt
2. Ty Willingham
3. Bob Davie

Maybe see if John L. Smith is available too while you're looking through Fooley's black book.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
1. Steve Spurrier
2. Bill Belichick
3. Bear Bryant

Oh you said realistic...

1. Houston Nutt
2. Ty Willingham
3. Bob Davie

Maybe see if John L. Smith is available too while you're looking through Fooley's black book.

Okay, that made me laugh, I must admit. I consider him the WORST head coach in College football in my lifetime. His rant after another Mich St. loss was epic. Thank you for the chuckle.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Okay, that made me laugh, I must admit. I consider him the WORST head coach in College football in my lifetime. His rant after another Mich St. loss was epic. Thank you for the chuckle.
My list was in jest but the sad part is I wouldn't be shocked at this stage to see our moronic athletic department call any one of the losers on the second list, or even John L. Smith if they could get him cheap.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WVU's defense is currently ranked 106th in yards per game and 70th in points per game. He's never had a top 25 defense, and he'll never have a top 25 defense.

I'd give a body part for Chris Petersen, but he'd never leave the west coast. Plus I think he's got Washington built up to where he wants them now and he won't be leaving any time soon.

For up and comers, Brohm would be a fantastic choice, as would Fleck or Fuente, but all these guys just signed multiyear deals with P5 schools and have MASSIVE buyouts. Not sure we'd want to be paying mutiple buyouts on top of multiple buyouts on top of new coach salaries.
I could have sworn they showed their defensive stats of the last few years during the wvu/vatech game. Either way, he's not my first choice. I like all 3 of the guys you mentioned too.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I know it was in jest. That is why I thanked you. Very few know who John L Smith is or was. Yes he would take the job b/c I believe he is broke b/c of a bad real estate deal. But John L. Smith was so bad, that he got thrown a bone when Petrino F'ed up at ARK and got fired, so they begged Smith to be the head coach b/c they were loaded with talent and considered by many a favorite to win the SEC West. So Smith who had just accepted the HC job at Weber State, said yes to Ark's offer, and took one of the most talented ARK teams since they joined the SEC to I believe a sub .500 record, only to be dismissed, never to be heard from again, until he went broke!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I could have sworn they showed their defensive stats of the last few years during the wvu/vatech game. Either way, he's not my first choice. I like all 3 of the guys you mentioned too.
The only season he's been better than about 68th in total defense at WVU was in 2011, the last year WVU was in the crappy remains of the Big East.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Ten wins doesn't mean dick with the two added directional schools on every schedule.

Ten wins today is eight wins from a few years ago.

Impress me with 12 wins, not ten. Or nine.

Actually I said that in response to a prior post. I tend to agree with you on this point.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe it would be better to start with a list of coaches who OBVIOUSLY will never be the head coach at UF.
Saban
Meyer
Gundy
Dabo
Stoops
Petersen
Shaw
Richt
Harbaugh
Quinn

I could go on, but seriously if you're looking at a name on the list above and wondering why that guy would never come here, please step away from the keyboard and go to a hospital to get your goddam head examined. The only big name I can think of that isn't spoken for is Chip and that would be a miracle. So if you want a new coach you'd better start getting used to a guy like Frost or similar or you may as well stop watching now for good.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Maybe it would be better to start with a list of coaches who OBVIOUSLY will never be the head coach at UF.
Saban
Meyer
Gundy
Dabo
Stoops
Petersen
Shaw
Richt
Harbaugh
Quinn

I could go on, but seriously if you're looking at a name on the list above and wondering why that guy would never come here, please step away from the keyboard and go to a hospital to get your goddam head examined. The only big name I can think of that isn't spoken for is Chip and that would be a miracle. So if you want a new coach you'd better start getting used to a guy like Frost or similar or you may as well stop watching now for good.
Meyer was already a coach at UF so you're whole post is flawed. I think you under estimate Stoops. I think it's very possible that SOS calls him and convinces him to come and coach for 5-6 years get us back where we want to be make 6-7 million a year and then ride off into the sunset. If bet he gets the 1st call

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If that happens I will mail you a check for a hundred dollars.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If I told you in 1983 that Howard Schnellenberger would one day coach FAU I'd need my head examined.
If I told you in 2001 that Steve Spurrier would Coach S. Car. for 10 years I'd need my head examined.
If I told you in 2008 that Urban Meyer would be the coach of OSU I'd need my head examined.
If I told you in 2009 that Charlie Weis would be Florida's OC in 2011 I'd need my head examined.
If I told you in 2009 that Lane Kiffin would be the coach at USC the following year I'd need my head examined.
If I told you in 2013 that William Muschump would be the head coach of S. Car. I'd need my head examined.

If you think you can guess what these guys will do you need your head examined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.