Recruiting 5* QB Jarrett Stidham flips Gators the bird, commits to Auburn

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His stature and motion actually remind me a little of (don't puke when I say this) Bradford.
In that last two years we signed Vandy's 5th string QB, Purdue's 3rd, Oregon State's 3rd, and a kid who hasn't started a game since he was 12.

You don't want to know what I'd do for a Poor Man's Bradford right now. I'm not proud.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's really that good but I won't feel like we missed out if he decides to go run the triple option at auburn.
Because you want to see LDR and Franks? No thanks.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ThomasGoldkamp: #Gators never really expressed interest in him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt Barnett was released to any other SEC schools anyway.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Man I really hope we get Stidham. We would at worst have a respectable offense, which is more than we've been able to say for a while.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt Barnett was released to any other SEC schools anyway.
I think he actually enrolled at JUCO and therefore no restrictions. Not positive, but I remember someone on the radio talking about it when he walked out on Saban so early.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Defenisve coordinator Geoff Collins and wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon II went to Alabama for 4-star defensive end LaBryan Ray (Madison) and 4-star wide receiver Henry Ruggs (Montgomery). Both will officially visit UF in January."

We spend all of our time trying to to land the leftovers in Alabama that dont go to Bammer or Barn. We spend half our damn time there.

And our best recruiter is three states away talking to a 3star Db.

I ...JUST... DONT... FVKKING....GET... IT.

Do we have anyone on the staff that can recruit FLORIDA? Please dont tell me about the Fau/Fiu wondertwins.
Word on the skreet is that Ray and Parks hate each other, and since Parks is likely going to Bama, Ray is looking elsewhere. Doubt he comes here though. Ray is supposed to borderline 5*, #2 SDE in the country per Rivals. Carter is 4th.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For what it's worth he has good taste. That works in our favor.

0IwVR5KE.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Word on the skreet is that Ray and Parks hate each other, and since Parks is likely going to Bama, Ray is looking elsewhere. Doubt he comes here though. Ray is supposed to borderline 5*, #2 SDE in the country per Rivals. Carter is 4th.
Carter, at 237 per Rivals, doesn't SEEM like an SDE.

Ray at 260, that's a strong end. Hell at Florida that makes you a NT, right CeCe. I notice that Michigan is calling. I don't like that much.

If we were to land him, it would be a big deal.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
According to another board, Stidham isn't gonna visit. Better get the freshman ready for Iowa and candidates ready for next year's coaching search.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Ray at 260, that's a strong end. Hell at Florida that makes you a NT, right CeCe. I notice that Michigan is calling. I don't like that much.

Just going by what Rivals has listed. To be fair, I think Carter could put on 50lbs over his career here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just going by what Rivals has listed. To be fair, I think Carter could put on 50lbs over his career here.

That weight is old. Carter is 250 right now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
According to another board, Stidham isn't gonna visit. Better get the freshman ready for Iowa and candidates ready for next year's coaching search.

We are always a day late and a dollar short. Actually probably more like a year late and a bag o money short.

I find it odd that our staff doesnt seem to anticipate roster problems at all until its a full-blown disaster. Zero foresight. None. These other schools have been courting Stidham for a year.

We get rejected so often its fvkking embarassing and we always manage to make our groveling and failures so damn public.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Stidham ain't coming here , might as well accept it. Too many of y'all have drank the Mac Kool Aid. There's no hope.

Last edited:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Is this guy really that good? I watched tape of him. Seems to get rid of the ball quick, but that sidearm motion is pretty unorthodox.

Have you seen our QB's? It's like watching the Special Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator