An offseason basketball thread

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
From the looks of Simmons tape, he's a pg. I know he's listed as a combo guard though. I wonder if there's any truth to him and uf and how it would impact our chances with Dotson.
From what I heard he has been described as the best scorer in the class and will almost assuredly play the 2g with some time at the point. If he is cleared we should be waiting with open arms

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
From what I heard he has been described as the best scorer in the class and will almost assuredly play the 2g with some time at the point. If he is cleared we should be waiting with open arms
Ok , thanks for clarifying. Class mighy be better than we coulda thought

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Lots of crystal balls of Noah Locke to UF. So in recent weeks UF has gotten a lot of smoke about Dotson, Locke, Nembhard and Simons. Which two out of those four would be best for UF? Put another way would one year of Simons be better for UF than 3 or 4 years of Locke?

Locke is one of the best shooters in the EYBL. He made 49.5% of 107 3s attempted this summer.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Lots of crystal balls of Noah Locke to UF. So in recent weeks UF has gotten a lot of smoke about Dotson, Locke, Nembhard and Simons. Which two out of those four would be best for UF? Put another way would one year of Simons be better for UF than 3 or 4 years of Locke?

Locke is one of the best shooters in the EYBL. He made 49.5% of 107 3s attempted this summer.
Expect lots of recruiting updates in the next 3 or so weeks...starting with Weaver and Locke in the next couple of days. Sound like Locke may be a Gator!

As to what's best...personally

Dotson
Simons
Moore
Williams

I'd love

Nembhard
Locke
Moore

Lots of options!!!!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I would expect that some highly ethical players would prefer to go to schools without ties to such illegal activities. There are many such we just happen to be one, and of course many of them are already loaded with talent so that might work in our favor.

Playing time, good coaching, winning, and exposure as usual are the key elements. We have a pretty good record on all four.

I wish that football was as good in coaching and winning.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Damn that's got me pumped for Bball this year...keep forgetting about Hudson coming in this year as well. If Egbunu can come back to form this team could be really really good.

This will be another really exciting basketball season. Love what Coach White is building.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Do we have our eyes on any big men for the 2018 class? I think pg is our biggest need, but it is always nice to add some size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator