Are the Stars Aligning?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just taken notes bruh :highfive:
I'm real concerned about our LB core. Mac has ignored that position even more so than DT. The ones we do have are hybrid rangy types that could be effective on the outside but probably not in the middle. The combo of lack of size/depth/experience in the middle of the line at DT and MLB positions could be a real problem this year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm real concerned about our LB core. Mac has ignored that position even more so than DT. The ones we do have are hybrid rangy types that could be effective on the outside but probably not in the middle. The combo of lack of size/depth/experience in the middle of the line at DT and MLB positions could be a real problem this year.
I do think we take a small step back overall on defense, however so long as we stay healthy, I believe we should still have a decent defense. As SOON as we see injuries, then that is when I will be concerned...we def do need to improve our depth at LB

I'm not very worried about the d line. I think we will be fine...inexperienced to some extent, but we will be fine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And, we do not know how the OL is going to play.
I don't get this.

Did I watch the wrong Spring Game? Coz maybe I watched 2016 accidentally or maybe some juco team.

The OL still looked like shyt and struggled against freshmen and walkons on my TV, but maybe mine just isn't 4k or something.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do think we take a small step back overall on defense, however so long as we stay healthy,
The defense isn't going to stay healthy. No team has every stayed healthy playing a 12 game schedule in the SEC. That is why you build depth and why elite teams win while also rans talk about bad luck and injuries.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The defense isn't going to stay healthy. No team has every stayed healthy playing a 12 game schedule in the SEC. That is why you build depth and why elite teams win while also rans talk about bad luck and injuries.
I'm talking about long term injuries versus out for the game injuries.

And I agree, we still need some depth

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honest question for you...which post in more rooted in reality...the OP's or Omar's knowing what we know up to now regarding this team?
neither...one is overly optimistic, and the other is a cane :grin:

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get this.

Did I watch the wrong Spring Game? Coz maybe I watched 2016 accidentally or maybe some juco team.

The OL still looked like shyt and struggled against freshmen and walkons on my TV, but maybe mine just isn't 4k or something.
No, you did not watch the wrong Spring game... the OL did look like shyt this year. Now Mac is running around stating how the OL will be the strength of the team and I am baffled as he says that every summer. Hence my statement that we don't know how t he OL is going to play..

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This season actually has more of a 2007 feel... except without a Heisman candidate.
In 2007 we knew we had a very young, inexperienced team - but they were some of the most talented youngsters in the history of college football. I certainly don't feel that way about this team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No, you did not watch the wrong Spring game... the OL did look like shyt this year. Now Mac is running around stating how the OL will be the strength of the team and I am baffled as he says that every summer. Hence my statement that we don't know how t he OL is going to play..

In the first half of the game I thought the starters looked alright but they were going against the backups on defense I guess. Heggie looked pretty good out there. I do remember Taylor struggling with the speed moves of Clayton on some passing downs however.

The backup linemen with Trask were getting killed however.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This season actually has more of a 2007 feel... except without a Heisman candidate.
Tebow wasn't a Heisman candidate at the beginning of the season. Many wondered how well he could actually throw the ball because he wasn't really given a chance as a freshman. If you are referring to Percy, i don't recall if he was a candidate of not heading into the season. He very well could've been, but no one had won as a sophmore up to that point.

IF the OL plays well, and IF we commit to the run, and IF we have competent QB play, and IF we are undefeated heading into FSU...then Scarlett may have an outside shot. It's a lot of IF's

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow wasn't a Heisman candidate at the beginning of the season. Many wondered how well he could actually throw the ball because he wasn't really given a chance as a freshman. If you are referring to Percy, i don't recall if he was a candidate of not heading into the season. He very well could've been, but no one had won as a sophmore up to that point.

IF the OL plays well, and IF we commit to the run, and IF we have competent QB play, and IF we are undefeated heading into FSU...then Scarlett may have an outside shot. It's a lot of IF's

With all the Tebow mania this was the 2007 pre-season odds at one of the betting places.

Odds to win the 2007 Heisman Trophy

Anthony Morelli
40/1

Brian Brohm
3/1

Chad Henne
15/1

Chase Daniel
20/1

C.J. Gable
24/1

C.J. Spiller
15/1

Colt Brennan
7/1

Colt McCoy
18/1

Darren McFadden
3/1

John David Booty
5/1

Jonathan Stewart
25/1

Matthew Stafford
50/1

Mike Hart
10/1

Pat White
15/1

Percy Harvin
20/1

Ray Rice
8/1

Steve Slaton
9/2

Tim Tebow
12/1

Field (Any Other Player)
4/1

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Well after reading all that negativity I'll actually answer the question.

Yes, the stars are aligning. The future looks very bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.