Are the Stars Aligning?

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what this team will do. I am tempted to say that things will most likely look like last year. However, I think what we are seeing is the slow turn of the giant ship in the right direction.

What we have is a group up young, inexperienced, moderately good players but... at least we see a whole team. The foundation is finally being laid. In order to look ahead, we need to build off of this foundation, 2017.

My expectations for this year is to see a lot of player development, a lot of team development, and better coaching. Ideally, we are trending upward which should keep us in the conversation, attract better talent, and display a well rounded competitive team.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Mac has it rolling along right now. Everything is falling in place.

asswhoop.gif

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not even close. Some of you guys need to prepare yourself for a painful 2017 season.
It's going to be very painful keeping up with this site when we are doing so much winning. We're gonna win so much, you're gonna get tired of winning!
:trump:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll take the winning, trust me. I simply don’t see us going in to Michigan with no QB and winning. The wheels may come off from there.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll take the winning, trust me. I simply don’t see us going in to Michigan with no QB and winning. The wheels may come off from there.
Whatever you say massa

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This season actually has more of a 2007 feel... except without a Heisman candidate.
This kinda how i see it. Or i think thats the ceiling.Sets up for what should be a big 2018 year, pending on the qb situation and if this class sticks together.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This kinda how i see it. Sets up for what should be a big 2018 year, pending on the qb situation.
How pray tell do you think the QB situation is different next year? You think a true freshman is coming in and winning championships?

It's stand by and wait, wait til the year after next year, and pray that dumbfvkk Nusschump had a lobotomy or total brain transplant.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How pray tell do you think the QB situation is different next year? You think a true freshman is coming in and winning championships?

It's stand by and wait, and pray that dumbfvkk Nusschump had a lobotomy or total brain transplant.
You could have atleast quoted the edited version of my post, dick. Barring a disaster this year and a huge wave if transfers, we should very good everywhere. With the oline,rb's and receivers, we should be able to make a game manager out of stud freshman. Corral's the game manager mac and nuss have been waiting for.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Corral's the game manager mac and nuss have been waiting for.
You figure he can get us to 16 or 17 points as well as the next guy, huh?

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You figure he can get us to 16 or 17 as well as the next guy, huh?
I figured he could atleast be mcleroyish and go for 2500 yards but I'm feeling kinda pumperish tonight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Butters isnt playing a freshman, dude. By now you should have figured that out.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've been around a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Great years always required two things, studs (every team has a few holes) and great coaching. The second part is yet to be determined. I'm not getting excited only to be disappointed again. The wait till next year years still scar my soul.
Butters isnt playing a freshman, dude. By now you should have figured that out.

Hey Donk. You make me, one of the worlds greatest football pessimists, look like an optimist.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I don't trust the coaching as far as I could throw McElwain. But this team is pretty loaded with talent. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't think it's going to be a "painful year" at all. Isn't our talent level on par with anybody except maybe Bama?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not even close. Some of you guys need to prepare yourself for a painful 2017 season.
You sound like a Nole. Tried to use the ignore feature so I wouldn't have to read these garbage posts, but it won't let me.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan has 5 returning starters. 4 on the O and 1 on the D. We should beat the socks of them... running the ball and limited, safe passes.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You could have atleast quoted the edited version of my post, dick. Barring a disaster this year and a huge wave if transfers, we should very good everywhere. With the oline,rb's and receivers, we should be able to make a game manager out of stud freshman. Corral's the game manager mac and nuss have been waiting for.
I agree with this except we have a game manager on the roster now, somewhere. Corral will be a game changer.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's going to be very painful keeping up with this site when we are doing so much winning. We're gonna win so much, you're gonna get tired of winning!
:trump:
It will be the most winning ... ever. The biggest touchdowns. You can't imagine. The passes will be the longest and the best. And we'll build the most fantastic team ... and we'll make Alabamians pay for it. Gators first.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what this team will do. I am tempted to say that things will most likely look like last year. However, I think what we are seeing is the slow turn of the giant ship in the right direction.

What we have is a group up young, inexperienced, moderately good players but... at least we see a whole team. The foundation is finally being laid. In order to look ahead, we need to build off of this foundation, 2017.

My expectations for this year is to see a lot of player development, a lot of team development, and better coaching. Ideally, we are trending upward which should keep us in the conversation, attract better talent, and display a well rounded competitive team.
Well put. We've finally recruited enough depth across the board. Hopefully, next years class will have a few game changers. Every game should be competitive this year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator