***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
Donovan was an Assistant for the NY Knicks & then went to Kentucky as an assistant with Pitino. He was then hired as the Head coach at Marshall, where he coached for two years before coming to Florida.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
tarjf;n112344 said:
Donovan was an Assistant for the NY Knicks & then went to Kentucky as an assistant with Pitino. He was then hired as the Head coach at Marshall, where he coached for two years before coming to Florida.

Good to know, but did he do any coaching with Freeze?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n112338 said:
Louisville put a big buyout for Patrino this time.

Never let a big buyout stand in the way of a good joke.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
tarjf;n112344 said:

You nailed it. Donovan will be the next HC

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
McElwain is my first choice, but Freeze is my second. I'd be very excited if we can pry him from Ole Miss. It'd be an ideal scenario where we get something we want/need AND damage a rival in the process. I like his offenses, his defenses have been stout, he's a heckuva recruiter and he brought tears to my eyes in "The Blind Side".

Breath would be very happy if Freeze is the guy.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This just in . . .

I just spoke with a Bull-Gator who I have known for many years. A good friend of his is a good friend of Coach and Mrs Freeze. Mrs. Freeze very recently told them that "hell would freeze over before they would leave Mississippi"

for what its worth

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n112363 said:
Well, you are omniscient aren't you.
I usually leave that to you, actually. I also enjoy yanking your chain.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n112298 said:
Unless he believes he can make Ole Miss a annual challenger for the National Title (dilusional). His legacy would be 10x of what he could do that, compared to doing it at Florida.

There it is...he'll be a legend there if he can get an SEC title. He'll never live up to SOS or Meyer here. Hell, he beat Bama so he's probably a legend now. Again, if someone has the link to the Bama post game interview(not sure if that's what Okee posted or not)...listen to him talk and I think we'd all agree he is a long long shot to come here or anywhere.

BUT yes, i'd take him in a heart beat.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n112360 said:
This just in . . .

I just spoke with a Bull-Gator who I have known for many years. A good friend of his is a good friend of Coach and Mrs Freeze. Mrs. Freeze very recently told them that "hell would freeze over before they would leave Mississippi"

for what its worth

Well, you know wives are meant to be ignored.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n112360 said:
This just in . . .

for what its worth
And if this is true, we'll find out who wears the pants in that marriage.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mrs. Freeze would certainly be ice cold about their move to Gainesville, but I think once he showed her his first paycheck, she'd thaw out a little bit.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hugh Freeze
Oxford is a hellhole
The wife is not hot
Hell freezes over

This thread has posed endless pun opportunities.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just think - Jill Freeze could be the one that blows the whole thing up.

jill-freeze.jpg

[video=youtube;vRTm14GoOFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRTm14GoOFg[/video]

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just spent the last several minutes reading through this thread. I have no doubt that Freeze would be an outstanding hire. I'm not sure why he went to Southern Miss (better scholarships?), but I do know that he grew up an Ole Miss fan less than an hour from Oxford. I agree that money won't be why he leaves. Ole Miss and their boosters will be willing to match whatever UF offers. Like others have said, his leaving will depend on his desire to win championships.

Ole Miss hasn't won the SEC since before he was born. Sure he tells everybody that he's there to win championships at Ole Miss, but does he really believe he can do that consistently? Is one of his biggest goals to win the SEC and national championship or is it to win those at Ole Miss? I hope it's the former. Florida is no doubt the better school for building a dynasty.

I remember reading about rumors of Spurrier leaving USC and taking on some sort of supportive/mentorship role at UF while retired from coaching. If that is true, then that will certainly increase the chances of getting Freeze since he's a huge Spurrier fan. Even if it's not true, if Spurrier encouraged him to take the job, I think that would per sway Freeze a little more.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112378 said:
Just think - Jill Freeze could be the one that blows the whole thing up.

jill-freeze.jpg

[video=youtube;vRTm14GoOFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRTm14GoOFg[/video]

She's no Shelley Meyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.