Status
Not open for further replies.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n112470 said:
I was trying to remember if it was WM or Meyer, but I do recall this happening!

According to Will's Wikipedia page, Foley announced him on December 11, 2010. That's a Saturday. The SECCG would have been played the week before, the Heisman announced that night. Scam Newton was the winner that night.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
MidwestChomp;n112385 said:
Apparently he can coach women's bball. Maybe he could do both at UF?

"While at Briarcrest, Freeze also coached the girl's basketball team from 1992-2004, and actually had more success in this role, with an overall record of 305-63 (.829 winning percentage), seven straight championship appearances, and four titles"

He actually applied for the Memphis Women's Basketball coaching position. If he had gotten it, we probably would never have heard of Freeze the College football coach. Amazing how life works out sometimes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;112470 said:
I was trying to remember if it was WM or Meyer, but I do recall this happening!

I think it was Meyer. Meyer getting hired by our team was a massive coup. The excitement around the program was absolutely electric. When Muschamp was hired, even though I liked the hire, it was like, eh...

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112378 said:
Just think - Jill Freeze could be the one that blows the whole thing up.

jill-freeze.jpg

[video=youtube;vRTm14GoOFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRTm14GoOFg[/video]

Stay on topic. This thread is about Hugh Freeze. First warning.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n112495 said:
Stay on topic. This thread is about Hugh Freeze. First warning.

I love it when you talk this way.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n112476 said:
How long would it take for the private jet to get to Oxford? Because him and his family would have one at their disposal so going back and forth won't be a problem

And they're from Mississippi, so we'll just tell them it's within that 200-300 mile radius and they'll never know the difference.

Step on it, pilot.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
Interesting article on why Freeze would be a good fit at Florida (Insider Info, so I just pasted it, instead of the link)

MOD EDIT: We don't post pay articles on the forum. It's stealing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
tarjf;n112551 said:
Interesting article on why Freeze would be a good fit at Florida (Insider Info, so I just pasted it, instead of the link)

Nice article. Thanks for sharing.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Okeechobee Joe;n111736 said:
win the SEC East than he would recruiting at Ole Miss and trying to win in the SEC West

More than millions of greenbacks (a major factor in any decision) Okee Joe nailed it... likely the most important factor for Freeze or any candidate..

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
tarjf;n112551 said:

MOD EDIT: We don't post pay articles on the forum. That would be stealing.

Glad I got to read this... good article... makes me feel better about Freeze as a possibility.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss has two losses by a grand total of 8 points and a win against Bama. New contract being drawn up. If they win the next two against Arkansas and Miss State, he ain't going' no dang where.

And if any of you have ever moved your family against the wishes of your wife, you understand exactly how miserable that can be. If she does not want to move, they ain't moving.

I do not think this is a money issue...Ole Miss already pays him a lot and they are willing to pay him more.

For them, being in the right place is the most important thing and there is no reason for them to be anywhere else but "home".

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n112560 said:
Ole Miss has two losses by a grand total of 8 points and a win against Bama. New contract being drawn up. If they win the next two against Arkansas and Miss State, he ain't going' no dang where.

And if any of you have ever moved your family against the wishes of your wife, you understand exactly how miserable that can be. If she does not want to move, they ain't moving.

I do not think this is a money issue...Ole Miss already pays him a lot and they are willing to pay him more.

For them, being in the right place is the most important thing and there is no reason for them to be anywhere else but "home".
Tally, you don't know a thing about the discussions in their household. It's stupid for us to pretend that we do. You don't know what's important to them and what isn't. I cringed reading your post.

If Freeze has high goals, then the move to UF makes sense. I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes women can actually be rational.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm definitely in on Freeze. Think he'd kill it here and would be a long term fit.

Though selfishly, I just want to see the youtube OleMiss girl meltdown when announced.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I want to be hopeful on these sources but I think Foley is purposely floating stuff to mislead people again. It does make for good debate however, Its probably going to be one of the more under the radar guys if he comes from college (someone mentioned but not a Stoops, Freeze or Briles etc.) or its going to be an NFL guy. Does anyone know if Vegas is offering to let you bet against all the big college names on their lists as I would bet on that in a heartbeat.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n112568 said:
I want to be hopeful on these sources but I think Foley is purposely floating stuff to mislead people again. It does make for good debate however, Its probably going to be one of the more under the radar guys if he comes from college (someone mentioned but not a Stoops, Freeze or Briles etc.) or its going to be an NFL guy.
I know exactly who it was who mentioned this info about Freeze. Let's just say I can't imagine Foley lied to them.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112562 said:
Tally, you don't know a thing about the discussions in their household. It's stupid for us to pretend that we do. You don't know what's important to them and what isn't. I cringed reading your post.

If Freeze has high goals, then the move to UF makes sense. I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes women can actually be rational.

Nobody does...so everyone is speculating. I am piecing together a picture of them based on the data that is being made public and life experiences and forming an opinion of what I think is going to happen. I see them as partners who will make the decision together based on what they think is best for them and their family. That is a normal process for a lot of couples/families.

I cringe when I read a lot of your posts...but the feeling goes away quickly...just sayin'...

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
My bad it is a free article...here is the link! Explains why Freeze will be a great fit at Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.