Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n116264 said:
Wallace was fine this year until his last pass against LSU, which was entirely his fault. He had some bad luck against Auburn with the player getting injured as they were about to score, but overall he played well that game. The only game he was truely awful was the AR game, and when he was on the bench, his backups weren't doing any better. The biggest difference between Wallace and Driskel this year is that Driskel has really good backups and Wallace doesn't.

Freeze knows exactly what he is getting in Wallace, being that he had Wallace at Arkansas State. I understand the Arkansas game, Mississippi was physically dominated on both sides of the ball. And Arkansas noted their was no threat of the running game, because of how Ole Miss runs their offense. That's on Freeze.

GatorJB;n116264 said:
I know you will say, "if he was such a great recruiter, then he'll have better QBs" but that is easier said than done at Ole Miss. The state of MS only has maybe 2 good QBs a decade, and that's being generous since Eli was technically from Louisianna. Historically Ole Miss and MSU only get one decent QB a decade to play for them. There just isn't a lot of talent at the QB position in the state, and it's extremely difficult to get an out of state QB to a school like Ole Miss when they have more prestigous schools closer by giving them offers. I have no doubts that Freeze would be able to recruit great QBs to Florida because there are always good QBs near by.

Not going to say that about quarterbacks, look how hard it has been for UF. But being an SEC school in Mississippi where a number of their recruits are from out of state due to the talent pools like Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Texas there is talent all around him. So just focusing on Mississippi isn't the answer for that.

GatorJB;n116264 said:
Sure they have been able to get some talent at Ole Miss over the years, but not consistently. It's impossible to have top classes consistently there because there are years where they don't have any 5 star players and are limited on the 4 star guys. The state of Florida is loaded with 4 and 5 star talent every year. Put him in a place like Florida, and he'll have no problem getting talent.

So are the states that surround Mississippi, not an excuse. As far as recruiting ranks other than 2013's class, he has been on par for Mississippi. I'm using rivals because didn't need an account to go historical

Last decade from 2014 to 2005:

So other than one year, whch we were 4th in, and we don't know if it is an outlyer, he is recruiting on par for Ole Miss.

GatorJB;n116264 said:
The reason why I mentioned building a dynasty is because that's what we at UF want to happen. Spurrier did it, Meyer did it, and we want our next coach to do that. It's impossible to do at Ole Miss, but I believe Freeze is capable of doing that here. He certainly would have more to work with in his first year at UF than he did at his first year at Ole Miss.

I think it goes without saying that there is more talent on the Florida Roster than Mississippi's roster. But that doesn't explain his in game decisions, or if he would succeded in the pressure cooker which is Florida Football. He has shown a lot of Zook/Muschamp in his in game decisions.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
ufgator812;n116278 said:
What will you ever do with yourself when the chump is finally gone?
:wobble:

Go wherever Muschamp is hired at.

Muschamp is Coach9 incognito

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Freeze has recruited pretty good but Orgeron/Nutt before him were also good recruiters and that is when Ole Miss started doing good in that area originally I think.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n116318 said:
I think Freeze has recruited pretty good but Nutt before him was also a good recruiter and that is when Ole Miss started doing good in that area originally I think.

Looking at the last 15 years, which is all I could see ranking wise, it appears to be very cyclical in how the recruiting has going. Now I saw nothing in the top 10, but in the teens and 20's is quite common

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n116271 said:
We've asked "why" over ten million times in the last four years over every head-scratching aspect of the the football program. The answer is because he's an awful head football coach. It's the only reasonable conclusion after all this time.

The "limitations" are his brain and/or his stubborn pride.

You don't see limitations in QB play. Seems to be a common denominator throughout

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n116318 said:
I think Freeze has recruited pretty good but Orgeron/Nutt before him were also good recruiters and that is when Ole Miss started doing good in that area originally I think.

Nutt did not recruit well at all. Results decreased as Orgeron's recruits graduated/ran out of eligibility. All the folks that want to theorize that Champ handcuffs his coordinators, Nutt for a fact did that throughout.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n116330 said:
You don't see limitations in QB play. Seems to be a common denominator throughout

And poor coaching...that's seems to be a common denominator. Poor discipline. Spotty recruiting. Poor decisions.

LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
It think it's more about hiring a coach that will not be a disaster and at the same time will not break the bank. He needs to attract recruits on the offensive side of the ball, have SEC connections, understand that defense is not an afterthought, have high character with no baggage, and proven experience as a winning SEC coach is a huge plus. Freeze seems to fit this profile.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
T REX;n116349 said:
LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_inline_mzarq8pSiN1r183ww.gif

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor alert, so those who get offended when reading rumors, don't read any further. Twitter is ablaze right now with reports attributed to Scout that UF has offered Freeze. Problem is, I can't find this anywhere on any official Scout outlets. So take it for what it's worth.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be very happy with freeze

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Football scoop says no. But you know how those sneaky sources are.

@FootballScoop: There seems to be some buzz around twitter this afternoon that Florida has offered the job to Hugh Freeze. C’mon man. No.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
If a deal is in place, now is when misinformation would be put out to quiet the correct rumor. New coach doesn't need to be putting out fires in his own locker room while he's trying to prepare his team to finish out the season. It's conceivable we could have an announcement as early as next week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n116350 said:
It think it's more about hiring a coach that will not be a disaster and at the same time will not break the bank.
Breaking the bank really isn't a factor.

Chimp's disaster caused probably a million dollar loss per home game and who knows how much in merchandise and booster donations.

Hiring or keeping a terrible coach costs more than buying a premier one.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking forward for Gatorchatter getting the credit it deserves after the Freeze announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator