***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Top target is Hugh Freeze Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Coach9;n117632 said:
We'll see how it plays out. I see enough there and he learned a lot in his 4 years as head coach to not have similar mistakes.

Again, we have seen nothing from him that backs this statement. He had chance after chance to change his old habits and he refused. I am not sure he gets it even now.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can see some back-channeling to see if there is interest, but I would be shocked if an official offer has been made. I do expect an offer be made to someone "officially" on Sunday with a potential announcement next Friday.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n117672 said:
I can see some back-channeling to see if there is interest, but I would be shocked if an official offer has been made. I do expect an offer be made to someone "officially" on Sunday with a potential announcement next Friday.

That radio guy who has Miss roots is saying again that an offer is out there 100% according to his sources there and its whether he takes it or not. I tend to believe that also but will Freeze accept so it can be officially written up and signed. Foley will just claim he never offered (technically true) if Freeze doesn't I guess.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Brien Straw@BstrawRadio · 2h 2 hours ago Personally I think this story is wrapped by Sat. Freeze to classy to not inform team before/after MSU game if leaving. I think he'll stay.

Brien Straw @BstrawRadio · 2h 2 hours ago

Florida offer is NOT Sexton pushing Ole Miss 4 new deal 4 Freeze. AD Ross Bjork was proactively already working on that. Ross is a great AD

Brien Straw @BstrawRadio · 2h 2 hours ago

Per my Florida source, offer to Ole Miss HC Hugh Freeze legit. Foley denials SOP.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
At the end of the day what makes Brien Straw's source any more legitimate than the connection that Ox is hearing from? He's a local radio guy claiming to know someone on the inside. Ox is doing the same. There's no way to tell if his Ole Miss insider has greater access to what's happening than the UF connection that Ox has referenced. If Freeze takes the UF job Straw can say "I had it first". If he doesn't, no one will remember in two weeks that he went out on a limb with an early prediction.

It seems that those making the decisions would go to great lengths to keep things private and would especially keep developments away from "booster types". That being said, I have enjoyed the dialogue stirred up by Ox's declaration that Freeze is said to be the favorite.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Since65;n117681 said:
At the end of the day what makes Brien Straw's source any more legitimate than the connection that Ox is hearing from? He's a local radio guy claiming to know someone on the inside. Ox is doing the same. There's no way to tell if his Ole Miss insider has greater access to what's happening than the UF connection that Ox has referenced. If Freeze takes the UF job Straw can say "I had it first". If he doesn't, no one will remember in two weeks that he went out on a limb with an early prediction.

It seems that those making the decisions would go to great lengths to keep things private and would especially keep developments away from "booster types". That being said, I have enjoyed the dialogue stirred up by Ox's declaration that Freeze is said to be the favorite.

As far as the internet Ox's source seems it would be the first to say it was going to be Freeze most likely. The actual first place suggesting contact that I saw was that Miss State site where some were claiming their sources were telling them that Florida was already in contact with Freeze's people to gage interest. It was dated right after our Bama loss suggesting Foley was thinking early just in case Muschamp didn't make it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Pat Dooley @pat_dooley · 2h 2 hours ago
Nobody has been offered the Florida job. Beware of agents trying to sweeten pot for their clients.

lol - Dooley parroting exactly what the UAA would want him to say with the Freeze talk picking way up.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
TheBigClaw;n114381 said:
I still think either Freeze or Stoops will do great here. One game doesn't determine anything

Exactly, it is his overall losing SEC record that worries folks.

Despite what Ox would suggest, I'm not in the group that thinks it's definitely a bad hire. I honestly don't know enough about Freeze to accurately judge. I do know that it isn't his Arkansas State record that got Foley interested. He became a primary target in October when they were a NC contender. At that time it was a safe hire. But after the losing streak, and especially if they lose Saturday it makes it a very risky hire. If Foley hired a Stoops or Mora and he failed no one could really criticize too much. You hired a proven winner who for whatever reason didn't work out. In Freeze you get someone who already has the job you are hiring him for and up to this point he is a loser. In that sense it is a typical Foley hire, someone who he sees potential that not everyone else recognized just yet. But if Freeze fails Foley will take all the criticism and it could easily cost him his job or at least force retirement a few years ahead of schedule. I just don't see it as a good hire for Foley not because I am convinced he will fail. He may do very well, but if he doesn't it will confirm what many already suspect, Foley sucks at hiring FB coaches.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
lagator;n117700 said:

Despite what Ox would suggest, I'm not in the group that thinks it's definitely a bad hire. I honestly don't know enough about Freeze to accurately judge. I do know that it isn't his Arkansas State record that got Foley interested. He became a primary target in October when they were a NC contender. At that time it was a safe hire. But after the losing streak, and especially if they lose Saturday it makes it a very risky hire. If Foley hired a Stoops or Mora and he failed no one could really criticize too much. You hired a proven winner who for whatever reason didn't work out. In Freeze you get someone who already has the job you are hiring him for and up to this point he is a loser. In that sense it is a typical Foley hire, someone who he sees potential that not everyone else recognized just yet. But if Freeze fails Foley will take all the criticism and it could easily cost him his job or at least force retirement a few years ahead of schedule. I just don't see it as a good hire for Foley not because I am convinced he will fail. He may do very well, but if he doesn't it will confirm what many already suspect, Foley sucks at hiring FB coaches.

So nobody believes there is a team involved in this hire? While Foley is the main man and will take the heat in the event of failure, I believe there are many variables involved in this decision.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
gatormandan;n117702 said:
So nobody believes there is a team involved in this hire? While Foley is the main man and will take the heat in the event of failure, I believe there are many variables involved in this decision.
Does Dooley count? But seriously, I'm sure there is, but Foley is the one who gets paid the big bucks to make the decision and the one who will get the credit or blame.

PS: Anyone watching Chip Kelly making Snatchez look actually good with over 200 yards in the first half against the cowboys? That's what an offensive genius looks like.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n117700 said:

Typical Foley hire? Name one HC he has ever hired with an overall losing record as you just stated. We'll be waiting...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
MJMGator;n117714 said:
Typical Foley hire? Name one HC he has ever hired with an overall losing record as you just stated. We'll be waiting...
Where did I say he hired anyone with a losing overall record? Freeze doesn't have a overall losing record by the way. The point was it seems Foley likes to hire on potential rather than proven performance at the highest level. He seems like he wants to outsmart everyone and sometimes (usually?) it backfires.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n117720 said:
Where did I say he hired anyone with a losing overall record? Freeze doesn't have a overall losing record by the way. The point was it seems Foley likes to hire on potential rather than proven performance at the highest level. He seems like he wants to outsmart everyone and sometimes (usually?) it backfires.

You stated Freeze is a loser. Don't you have to have a losing record to be a loser? Then you said in that sense it would be a typical Foley hire. What am I missing?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n117725 said:
You stated Freeze is a loser. Don't you have to have a losing record to be a loser?
What's your opinion of Muschamp again ??? What's Muschamp's record ??? You Freeze pumpers are idiots, as you called me earlier for pointing out that other than beating Bama 1 time he has beaten nobody worth a sh!t.....You, Ox and the rest of his ass sniffers are so ready for anything other than Muschamp that you're going to go from being jilted lovers to abusive lovers and now to settling for anything that can beat a directional school lovers.....
Check the records and tell us with half a brain why we should go from Muschamp to Freeze.....we'll be waiting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n117728 said:
What's your opinion of Muschamp again ??? What's Muschamp's record ??? You Freeze pumpers are idiots, as you called me earlier for pointing out that other than beating Bama 1 time he has beaten nobody worth a sh!t.....You, Ox and the rest of his ass sniffers are so ready for anything other than Muschamp that you're going to go from being jilted lovers to abusive lovers and now to settling for anything that can beat a directional school lovers.....
Check the records and tell us with half a brain why we should go from Muschamp to Freeze.....we'll be waiting.
Dude, settle the hell down. You're turning into a lunatic. I said I wouldn't be disappointed in the hire. If that makes me an "ass sniffer", so be it.

And I AM ready for anyone but Muschamp. And I'm pretty certain I'm going to get my wish. I don't need a source to know that Foley is going to hire someone that isn't Muschamp.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n117728 said:
My opinion of WM is he has done a piss poor job as a HC. My opinion of Freeze is he has done a nice job of turning the program around and its heading in the right direction. UF is not. That said, Freeze would not be my first choice, but I do think he'd do a good job. Not sure if he could bring us championships or not, but I am certain that WM can't do it.
Now...go back to being the dumbest SOB to ever post on the GCMB. We'll be waiting... :lol:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n117729 said:
Dude, settle the hell down. You're turning into a lunatic. I said I wouldn't be disappointed in the hire. If that makes me an "ass sniffer", so be it.

And I AM ready for anyone but Muschamp. And I'm pretty certain I'm going to get my wish. I don't need a source to know that Foley is going to hire someone that isn't Muschamp.
Turning into a lunatic? He has been on multiple sides of multiple topics since day 1. He is Red Rider.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
What amuses me is how some people get so riled up by other posters on a message board. You dudes need to take a chill pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.