Burrito Bros. Closing

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
"No guac today".... RIP BB.

What did they do with all the pictures of people wearing BB t-shirts around the world go? A friend of mine wants his Chernobyl picture back!

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I spent many Monday nights in the Training room eating those Burritos after Monday night football. If you played you know what I am talking about... back in the SOS days.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
When Burrito Bros was next door to Chinee Takee Outee, it couldn't be beat. Like Skeeters, once it moved it just never was the same. I'll miss the place, almost as much as Tony and Pat's.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When Burrito Bros was next door to Chinee Takee Outee, it couldn't be beat. Like Skeeters, once it moved it just never was the same. I'll miss the place, almost as much as Tony and Pat's.
Did you remember Tony and Pats on south 13th. My ex loved to go there. Good food. Before that in the early 70s it was a Shakey's Pizza for awhile.
8e767f7f26a5f0d0698c39d6c1002bc1.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Brown Bag Subs............right beside the old Burrito Bros. I must have eaten 100 of them,

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Did you remember Tony and Pats on south 13th. My ex loved to go there. Good food. Before that in the early 70s it was a Shakey's Pizza for awhile.
8e767f7f26a5f0d0698c39d6c1002bc1.jpg

Tony and Pat's was killer. It closed like many old school Gainesville places - the plaza was torn down for rebuilding, they got the boot, and that was that.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I used to eat the lunch buffet at Tony and Pats all the time. Great garlic knots.

Pizza Inn was good back in the day as well.

Only ate Steamers once or twice. Once you get a Maid-Rite in the Midwest it spoils you for all the other places.

The one I truly miss is CJ's. The wings there were phenomenal.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I used to eat the lunch buffet at Tony and Pats all the time. Great garlic knots.

Pizza Inn was good back in the day as well.

Only ate Steamers once or twice. Once you get a Maid-Rite in the Midwest it spoils you for all the other places.

The one I truly miss is CJ's. The wings there were phenomenal.
I was going to mention Steamers and CJ's wings.

In the early 90's, Farrah's on the Avenue had phenomenal wings... a group of us would park there on Wednesday night when it was $4.95 for a big pitcher of beer and 10 wings.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Went to the business school, so ate at Burrito Brothers reasonably often. Never bought a t-shirt, that was a luxury I really couldn't afford at the time. (And in later years, when I put Burrito Brothers t-shirt on my Christmas list as something my Gvl relatives could get, they never did.)

Damn. Sad to hear this.
Web site's still up - T-shirts available, as far as I know.
http://www.burritobrothers.com/shop/

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the hippies hadn't gone corporate I would have been there several times a week. That place died the moment they opened the new restaurant. The customer base didn't want another Applebee's.
I detect a lot of hippie hate in you 2222. Maybe, just maybe, the hippies got lazy, sold BBs before they were forced to move, and the new 'stick up the butt' ownership went all corporate, effectively ruining BBs. :dunno:
BTW: Hippies don't do corporate. :bandit:
:bart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.