Charlie Strong

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n273320]It wouldn't be a message board if we didn't second guess. [/QUOTE]

As an experiment, I started posting my second guess first … then it hit me, I didn't know what the hell
to do with my first guess. ??

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n273320]It wouldn't be a message board if we didn't second guess. [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n273300 said:
I find it interesting that you find people stirring up crap over Strong distasteful but the daily Foley/Muschamp threads are fine.

Beat me to it. Ox, to have such little tolerance for this, you've sure got some tolerance for other things that are repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated.

If you get my drift.

:deadhorse:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n273531 said:
Beat me to it. Ox, to have such little tolerance for this, you've sure got some tolerance for other things that are repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated.

If you get my drift.

:deadhorse:

I should make that my signature. :lol:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Texas A&M to the SEC has really caused the balance of power to shift from Austin to College Station.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like we have to toe the party line or be banned.

That's too bad..

I never wanted Strong or Franklin....... because they are Black... :banana:

Here, I'll do it for you... :racist:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n273250 said:
He also had some poor years. I think people conveniently forget some of his defenses from 2003 and 2004. 2007 was
Exactly....he was only good when he had all the pieces in place. I know that is somewhat true of any coach and speaks a lot of recruiting but a truly good football coach can find a way to put a decent product on the field during down or rebuilding years.....Charlie just ain't that good.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GMDGATOR;n273897 said:
why would you think that?

O'Leary is about 97 years old would be the most obvious reason.....The second would be that O'Leary was Muschamp before Muschamp was Muschamp. Talk about a coach who loves to sit on a 7 point lead, run the ball, punt and play defense.....

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n273922 said:
O'Leary is about 97 years old would be the most obvious reason.....The second would be that O'Leary was Muschamp before Muschamp was Muschamp. Talk about a coach who loves to sit on a 7 point lead, run the ball, punt and play defense.....
George Joseph O'Leary (born August 17, 1946) is an American football coach and college athletics administrator. He is the current head football coach and interim athletic director of the University of Central Florida (UCF), positions he has held since 2004 and 2015, respectively. O'Leary previously coached the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets from 1994 to 2001, and was an assistant coach for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL) from 2002 to 2004. He also served as an assistant coach for the Syracuse Orange and San Diego Chargers.
O'Leary is widely known for his success with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and the UCF Knights. During his eleven-year tenure with the Knights, O'Leary has guided the team to the fourth-best turnaround in NCAA history (2005), and led UCF to one of the biggest upsets of the BCS era in the 2014 Fiesta Bowl.

That makes him 69. I can't see them doing much better than him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GMDGATOR;n273926 said:
George Joseph O'Leary (born August 17, 1946) is an American football coach and college athletics administrator. He is the current head football coach and interim athletic director of the University of Central Florida (UCF), positions he has held since 2004 and 2015, respectively. O'Leary previously coached the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets from 1994 to 2001, and was an assistant coach for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL) from 2002 to 2004. He also served as an assistant coach for the Syracuse Orange and San Diego Chargers.
O'Leary is widely known for his success with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and the UCF Knights. During his eleven-year tenure with the Knights, O'Leary has guided the team to the fourth-best turnaround in NCAA history (2005), and led UCF to one of the biggest upsets of the BCS era in the 2014 Fiesta Bowl.

That makes him 69. I can't see them doing much better than him.

He may as well be 97....his style of football is from the Knute Rockne days. Charlie Strong would be a perfect successor to him at UCF. It's a perfect school, like Louisville was, that plays mostly lower half competition to build a winning percentage and the expectations there will never be like a top tier program where Charlie would never succeed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n273250 said:
So to be clear your argument is that we should not judge Strong on what he has done
I wasn't aware this was an Ox thing. Maybe you did but I dont remember you being around then.

However, it's really pretty simple. To some here, the issue is that there is only one coach for them, but he is busy. So, there are two options, his former DC Strong or his former OC Mullen. It's not really about logic. If you can't get your old girlfriend back then you date her sister.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I never said I wanted Strong, asshat. I just think he'd be doing better here than he is in Texas.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And I specifically said this wasn't an Ox thing. You feel me, buttlick? However, most of the rest of the Leyerlovin' crowd were all over Strong, Mullen, or both.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorTAG;n272595 said:
Still want him? He didn't do much last year and he's getting his a$$ handedto him by ND tonight. He should have stayed at Louisville. He had a good thing going there.
I would take Charlie over that sawed off son of a bit*h who was here anyday!!! Texas is In the sh*ter right now and it's not because of Strong. You can thank Mack Brown and....Muschamp for where Texas is.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Marianna said:
I would take Charlie over that sawed off son of a bit*h who was here anyday!!! Texas is In the sh*ter right now and it's not because of Strong. You can thank Mack Brown and....Muschamp for where Texas is.

Muschamp was bad and the hatred we have towards hom is well deserved. He had our offense ranked 96th in the country last year which is unacceptable.

But gues what? Strong's Texas teams are worse. He has them dead last in the nation. They got beat by K. State 23-0 last year. They're losing games to teams by scores like 41-7, 28-7, 31-7 and 38-3.

If Florida was getting beat like that I'm sorry but I wouldn't care if it were SOS as head coach I'd want his azz thrown out of town today.

From the article above.

"Texas (0-1) ranks last in the nation in total offense and is tied for last in scoring".

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've known Charlie since he was a grad assistant under Hall. Charlie is one of the most honorable men I have known and someone who I would be proud to have my son or daughter coached by. Saying that, he would have been a horrible fit for Florida. He might have been marginally better than Muschamp, marginally. The burn would have been slower and he would have been given more chances. We would be in year 5 of the Strong era. Because the fanbase (mostly) would have given him more leeway. Strong can coach and can lead, but not all coaches are meant to be in a top 5 program. Florida is a school that needs to be lead by an Offensive Minded Coach. The Coaches with the most success have been offensive minded, the game has changed to favor the offense (due to rules). Charlie loves the Gators and loves Gainesville, but that doesn't mean he is the right head coach for UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator