Colin Cowherd on Florida

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n88512 said:
As far as Ox sounding like Cowturd, nah. He sounds better than the Turd
It probably sounds like an insult by the way that I worded it, but I was actually surprised by how polished Ox sounded the first time I heard his podcast.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n88505 said:
Only disagree on our talent level at the WR and QB position. I've said this before, after you watch five minutes of FSU, Notre Dame, Bama, Ole Miss, Miss St, etc, you see them making plays at WR and you compare that to our guys who are lucky to catch even a ball right on the money. And of course, we literally have the worst QB play in the country. Everywhere else, we're as good as anyone.

I agree about the positions you mentioned DC, but I still think the coaches have more to do with that than anything.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n88546 said:

J how can we not be as talented as almost anyone else.....I know you follow recruiting and while there are always misses we can't be that far off IMO.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n88477 said:
An hour away? Crescent Beach????? :lol:

Yes, Crescent Beach. Not only where the family of one Steven Orr Spurrier has a condo, but the family of a certain Robert Anthony Stoops has one as well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n88505 said:
Only disagree on our talent level at the WR and QB position. I've said this before, after you watch five minutes of FSU, Notre Dame, Bama, Ole Miss, Miss St, etc, you see them making plays at WR and you compare that to our guys who are lucky to catch even a ball right on the money. And of course, we literally have the worst QB play in the country. Everywhere else, we're as good as anyone.

You have to factor in that we've had 4 receiver coaches in 4 years. And 2 of them were promoted graduate assistants. These receivers had offers from pretty much everyone else

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n88501 said:
I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me on this but the most frustrating thing is that I feel like we are almost as talented as any team in the country....yet we are so far away.
By the way does anyone else think that Ox sounds just like Colon Cowturd on his podcast ?

Our talent level is nowhere near "as talented as any team in the country"....not even close.

We do have top 25 talent....and top 25 talent w/ the right coaching staff can become top 10 real quick. And from there you see where it falls.

As others mentioned, our QBs and WRs leave a lot to be desired.

We need some difference makers, real talent. I haven't given up on Harris or Grier...but we need to add 2-4 WRs that can make plays...and a TE or two.

The OL has improved and we have bodies. I'm not sure any of them are Bama good, but they are improved.

We just need a damn head coach now! (and a solid recruiting class!).....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;88581 said:
GatorJ;n88546 said:
J how can we not be as talented as almost anyone else.....I know you follow recruiting and while there are always misses we can't be that far off IMO.

I should've been more specific.

No. I don't think Ox sounds like Cowherd.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n88791 said:
Our talent level is nowhere near "as talented as any team in the country"....not even close.

We do have top 25 talent....and top 25 talent w/ the right coaching staff can become top 10 real quick. And from there you see where it falls.

As others mentioned, our QBs and WRs leave a lot to be desired.

We need some difference makers, real talent. I haven't given up on Harris or Grier...but we need to add 2-4 WRs that can make plays...and a TE or two.

The OL has improved and we have bodies. I'm not sure any of them are Bama good, but they are improved.

We just need a damn head coach now! (and a solid recruiting class!).....

solid recruiting class ain't happening regardless.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n88781 said:
Yes, Crescent Beach. Not only where the family of one Steven Orr Spurrier has a condo, but the family of a certain Robert Anthony Stoops has one as well.

I didn't know Stoops had a place over there, too. I like it. Aside from the joke about Crescent Beach, I totally agree that with the right person/people in place, we are golden again. Florida won't be a dumpster fire for long.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n88829 said:
solid recruiting class ain't happening regardless.

You never know. Zook and Creyer brought in solid recruiting classes their first years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's just that our talent plays worse than their talent.
Gators get inspired and beat Ga.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n88837 said:
You never know. Zook and Creyer brought in solid recruiting classes their first years.

you're right, I just keep remembering how nobody new wanted to jump onboard with muschamp when we first hired him. I don't care what anyone says he might have kept most of the guys Meyer had committed but the first class was massive failure

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n88838 said:
It's just that our talent plays worse than their talent.
Gators get inspired and beat Ga.

If our talent keeps playing worse than their talent... then they aren't as talented. It isn't all coaching. The WRs are not top level outside of DRob and the OL still needs improvement as shown by the Mizzou game.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
HogtownGator;n88477 said:
An hour away? Crescent Beach????? :lol:

Lets Hope. If not him someone that actually loves the Gators and wants them to be successful.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n88944 said:
Lets Hope. If not him someone that actually loves the Gators and wants them to be successful.

Let's hope? So in 3 years when the guy decides he really wants to retire we are back looking for a new coach? Pass.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n88951 said:
Let's hope? So in 3 years when the guy decides he really wants to retire we are back looking for a new coach? Pass.

:exactly:

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Swamp Queen;n88951 said:

That's Ageism! :lol: Seriously, I see him coaching for 10 - 15 more years. (Not to be construed as advocating for him to come here).

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n88980 said:
That's Ageism! :lol: Seriously, I see him coaching for 10 - 15 more years. (Not to be construed as advocating for him to come here).

10-15 years? You realize he's almost 70 right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator