Colin Cowherd on Florida

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n89217 said:
There is really no reason for Kelly to come to Florida. He's doing great in the NFL, the top level of coaching, and he's getting paid a boat load of money. The only reason he might "listen" is to see if we are willing to make him the highest paid coach in college football. We couldn't offer a penny less than 7 million/ year and have him take us seriously, and it would probably take 7.5+ to even make it a possibility, IMO.
Not that I think he would leave Philthy for Florida but he makes 6.5 million a year now I don't think it would take 7.5 if he was actually intrested in returning to college ball.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSkin;n89221 said:
Not that I think he would leave Philthy for Florida but he makes 6.5 million a year now I don't think it would take 7.5 if he was actually intrested in returning to college ball.

If you're making 6.5 Million already, which is far greater than just about every coach in college football, why would you leave for a piddly $500,000? I mean really, we are talking a 7.7% raise to work A LOT more. Plus, as he continues to be successful, his 6.5 Million dollar contract per year will likely get renegotiated, especially if he finds his way into and wins the super bowl.

As much as I'd really like to see Chip Kelly coach at Florida, it's wishful thinking at best. It's not going to happen.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly is seeing this speculation and thinking.....

Prudent.jpg

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n89134 said:
Finebaum is better than Mike and Mike.

Yeah, if you wanna listen to him pumping Alabama for three straight hours...in his ever classic monotone, uninspiring voice. I swear every time he talks for more than 30 seconds, I start to fall asleep at the wheel. :zzzzz:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n89227 said:
If you're making 6.5 Million already, which is far greater than just about every coach in college football, why would you leave for a piddly $500,000? I mean really, we are talking a 7.7% raise to work A LOT more. Plus, as he continues to be successful, his 6.5 Million dollar contract per year will likely get renegotiated, especially if he finds his way into and wins the super bowl.

As much as I'd really like to see Chip Kelly coach at Florida, it's wishful thinking at best. It's not going to happen.

Actually that's one of the things I remember Spurrier saying he didn't like about the NFL. The longer season and longer hours. His implication was definitely that he had to work harder in the NFL than in college. No time for golf, I suppose.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n89238 said:
If we're talking about best radio people on ESPN, SVP is #1 and it's a landslide.
SVP is the only good show on ESPN

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n89227 said:

Yeah he's not coming here regardless unless he just hates the NFL wich is doubtful. It won't be about money.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n89240 said:
Actually that's one of the things I remember Spurrier saying he didn't like about the NFL. The longer season and longer hours. His implication was definitely that he had to work harder in the NFL than in college. No time for golf, I suppose.
I don't see how there is much longer hours per day let's say, but the longer season yes, but the offseason in the NFL is really more of an offseason. College coaches are working year round as recruiting is non stop. There is seemingly far more travel in college than in the NFL, and I'm sure all those hours driving and/or flying aren't really considered "working hours".
Not that either job wouldn't be stressful on it's own merits but I'd have to think there is more work in total on the year for a college coach than an NFL coach.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n89246 said:
I don't see how there is much longer hours per day let's say, but the longer season yes, but the offseason in the NFL is really more of an offseason. College coaches are working year round as recruiting is non stop. There is seemingly far more travel in college than in the NFL, and I'm sure all those hours driving and/or flying aren't really considered "working hours".
Not that either job wouldn't be stressful on it's own merits but I'd have to think there is more work in total on the year for a college coach than an NFL coach.

NFL coaches only get about a month off, compared to college coaches who get several months off. Because of the NCAA instituted dead periods for college football, there is a lot more dead time in College.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n89204 said:
The difference between Saban going to Bama and Kelly coming here is that Saban was failing hardcore in the NFL. Kelly isn't.

Yet. It's extremely rare for anything to last long in the NFL.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I keep hearing that Florida has a lot of talent. What is that based on? Recruiting rankings? That can be the only thing since it doesn't appear UF is talented on the field. UF does seem to have an unusually high number of highly rated players that don't pan out. Of the ficve stars on the team, only Hargreaves has lived up to the billing. And even Hargreaves hasn't had a good year. He was UF's best tackler last year. In the Missouri game he was as bad as everyone else at missing tackles. D. J. Humpries? Can anyone give a reason why he's still starting. I could go on, but don't you have to have some evidence that UF is talented before saying it is? The biggest example is how the first thing said about Jeff Driskel is that he was "talented." Why? Did he ever do anything on the field to merit that adjective? Muschamp kept saying UF was a "very good" football team without any data to show it to be true. Let's stop saying UF is "talented" until we actually see evidence on the field. That way, unreasonable expectations, like thinking a 4-8 team was going to be good the next year, will not happen. Maybe UF is very talented and just needs a new coach, that could be true. But it's not a given. What is really galling is seeing someone like Travis Rudolph at FSU look great instantly,well not instantly, he didn't catch a pass in the first three games, while a guy like Demarcus Robinson is almost as likely to drop the ball as catch it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n89202 said:
I'd put the percentages of Chip Kelly to Florida at about 5% right now. However, I'd put Bob Stoops to Florida at about 55%. Twitter is still buzzing about Stoops-Florida.

I seriously doubt it. I'd love to have stoops and their may be a chance but not a 55 percent chance

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ntcrze;89344 said:
I keep hearing that Florida has a lot of talent. What is that based on? Recruiting rankings? That can be the only thing since it doesn't appear UF is talented on the field. UF does seem to have an unusually high number of highly rated players that don't pan out. Of the ficve stars on the team, only Hargreaves has lived up to the billing. And even Hargreaves hasn't had a good year. He was UF's best tackler last year. In the Missouri game he was as bad as everyone else at missing tackles. D. J. Humpries? Can anyone give a reason why he's still starting. I could go on, but don't you have to have some evidence that UF is talented before saying it is? The biggest example is how the first thing said about Jeff Driskel is that he was "talented." Why? Did he ever do anything on the field to merit that adjective? Muschamp kept saying UF was a "very good" football team without any data to show it to be true. Let's stop saying UF is "talented" until we actually see evidence on the field. That way, unreasonable expectations, like thinking a 4-8 team was going to be good the next year, will not happen. Maybe UF is very talented and just needs a new coach, that could be true. But it's not a given. What is really galling is seeing someone like Travis Rudolph at FSU look great instantly,well not instantly, he didn't catch a pass in the first three games, while a guy like Demarcus Robinson is almost as likely to drop the ball as catch it.
Go away

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n89344 said:
cotton candy rapeis big red nose thank you for ordering at my burger king ketchup and mustard are my school colors im a gator reject

Someone remind me why this troll hasn't been sent to Neverneverland?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n89344 said:
What is really galling is seeing someone like Travis Rudolph at FSU look great instantly

Never heard of Travis Rudolph. Clearly I don't pay attention to FSU as much as you. They play in the ACC, it's unwatchable. Who gives a **** what Travis Rudolph does? Get lost.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n89344 said:

STFU, Nole.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n89544 said:
So is Chip Kelly going to be our next HC or not?

Yes it's a toss up between him Bob stoops

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.