Driskel's comments - hope for the new offense ?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n14184 said:
Do you just say good point after each post? :lol:
90% of your posts are 5 words or less...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
Gator Fever;n14142 said:
He moved the ball with Boise State as their WR coach and OC but I know that was 100% Peterson but Muschamp had nothing to do with the ultra conservative crap we ran here - it was basically just a 100% Pease issue.

Stats can show anything you want them to not even counting how outgunned Baylor and KY were in most of their games talent wise during those years.

I think Roper is clearly better than Pease but Muschamp owns a bunch of what happened on offense since he has been here. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

2011 Boise State 481 yards/game
2012 Boise State 391 yards/game (year after Pease left) (-90 yards a game)

2005 Baylor 336 yards/game
2006 Baylor 341 yards/game (year after Pease left) (+5 yards a game)

2002 Kentucky 347 yards/game
2003 Kentucky 327 yards/game (year after Pease left) (-20 yards a game)

So now we are counting the seasons he was a Wide Recivers Coach, Really? And you want to bring up how Kentucky and Baylor were out gunned, but not the loss of talent due to graduation of the Seniors with Boise State or scholarship attrition from Kentucky? Seems you are picking and choosing your arguments when it comes to Pease again.

2000 Kentucky 445.5 yards/game - Pre-Pease
2001 Kentucky 382.8 yards/game
2002 Kentucky 347.8 yards/ games

2002 Baylor 334.9 yards/game - Pre-Pease
2003 Baylor 281.4 yards/game
2004 Baylor 311.8 yards/game

2010 Boise State 521.3 yards/game - Pre Pease
2011 Boise State 481.3 yards/game

2011 Florida 328.7 yards/game - Pre Pease
2012 Florida 334.4 yards/game
2013 Florida 316.7

So he the team also takes a net loss when he arrives? Never said it was 100% nor did I in my quote you replied to. Muschamp has hired two bad fits at OC, which is his fault. But you seem to want to defend Pease like he was this great OC at all his stops. Even through they all took a step back when he took over in the FBS.
In both they took a step back. With the one he did well, they took a step back than the previous season with the same talent and reletively the same weak schedule. He has a history and even at his best stop where he was calling another coaches offensive system, a coach he worked for, but didn't even ask him to come back as his offensive coordinator. Neither Petersen who was Head Coach at Boise State or Bryan Harsin who he replaced at Boise State wanted him as his offensive coordinator. Every team he has been the Offensive Coordinator of as been left in worse offensive shape than when he got it. Even Boise State. You can blame Muschamp for only two of those years, Muschamp gets some of the blame but he wasn't calling the plays.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n14198 said:
I would not be surprised if it took us a game or two to get used to the rhythm of our offense. I'm not going to be calling the dogs if we don't hang 50 on Idaho or in the next game. By Kentucky I think we should be in full swing though.

Against Idaho for a game where we might need to get into rythm we should get at least 30, but Eastern Michigan should have at least 50 hung on them. Or else we do need to worry.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
Gator Fever;n14142 said:
He moved the ball with Boise State as their WR coach and OC but I know that was 100% Peterson but Muschamp had nothing to do with the ultra conservative crap we ran here - it was basically just a 100% Pease issue.

Stats can show anything you want them to not even counting how outgunned Baylor and KY were in most of their games talent wise during those years.

I think Roper is clearly better than Pease but Muschamp owns a bunch of what happened on offense since he has been here. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

2011 Boise State 481 yards/game
2012 Boise State 391 yards/game (year after Pease left) (-90 yards a game)

2005 Baylor 336 yards/game
2006 Baylor 341 yards/game (year after Pease left) (+5 yards a game)

2002 Kentucky 347 yards/game
2003 Kentucky 327 yards/game (year after Pease left) (-20 yards a game)

So now we are counting the seasons he was a Wide Recivers Coach, Really? And you want to bring up how Kentucky and Baylor were out gunned, but not the loss of talent due to graduation of the Seniors with Boise State or scholarship attrition from Kentucky? Seems you are picking and choosing your arguments when it comes to Pease again.

2000 Kentucky 445.5 yards/game - Pre-Pease
2001 Kentucky 382.8 yards/game
2002 Kentucky 347.8 yards/ games

2002 Baylor 334.9 yards/game - Pre-Pease
2003 Baylor 281.4 yards/game
2004 Baylor 311.8 yards/game

2010 Boise State 521.3 yards/game - Pre Pease
2011 Boise State 481.3 yards/game

2011 Florida 328.7 yards/game - Pre Pease
2012 Florida 334.4 yards/game
2013 Florida 316.7

So he the team also takes a net loss when he arrives? Never said it was 100% nor did I in my quote you replied to. Muschamp has hired two bad fits at OC, which is his fault. But you seem to want to defend Pease like he was this great OC at all his stops. Even through they all took a step back when he took over in the FBS.
Peterson already had his OC picked when Pease was let go. If Peterson's current one leaves I almost guarantee you he promotes Pease back to OC. Just bringing him back to an available position shows he likes him on his staff.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n14222 said:
Against Idaho for a game where we might need to get into rythm we should get at least 30, but Eastern Michigan should have at least 50 hung on them. Or else we do need to worry.
Agreed...Idaho may be a bit tougher simply it's the first full game and in a new offense. We used to have some downer opening games in the SOS years because you just aren't always clicking very well that early. But a better 2nd game and a don't take your foot off the gas mentality is what im really going to be looking for. If we put the offense away just because of a 2 TD lead or something then we know Muschamp is still being the same head coach. I think even if just to help the mentality of the team they need to be let loose and let them pound on somebody. This offense needs some confidence in the worst way...even if it's sort of false confidence.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Agreed...Idaho may be a bit tougher simply it's the first full game and in a new offense. We used to have some downer opening games in the SOS years because you just aren't always clicking very well that early. But a better 2nd game and a don't take your foot off the gas mentality is what im really going to be looking for. If we put the offense away just because of a 2 TD lead or something then we know Muschamp is still being the same head coach. I think even if just to help the mentality of the team they need to be let loose and let them pound on somebody. This offense needs some confidence in the worst way...even if it's sort of false confidence.
Glad I'm not the only one that remembers some of the rougher starts of the season with Steve. It would piss him off. Then he would come back and practicely kill the next team in the second game.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Last time I looked we were favored by 25 over I-de-ho, I would take that but I'm more interested in our defense getting a shut out. I don't think 25 - 0 would make most of you happy.

Personally, I'd be happy with 35 - 10. But I'd really like a shut out!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
"We just gotta coach em up". ;)

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hmm, Spurrier is a big proponent of "...a lot of plays...." Maybe he a Jeff had a Coke or something in Hoover.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GatorJ;n14101 said:
I think Champ exerted his philosophy but I think Pease just plain sucked. Other than his one year as the OC of Boise State in an established offense on a senior laden team, he has outright sucked.

Disagree but we have already had that discussion. I don't think Pease is a good coordinator but he is probably average with a head coach not leaning on him a lot. The past few years of offense have had Muschamp's "philosophy" written all over them. The places Pease left previously as OC did worse on average the next season (total offense) than his last season at those places.
GIGator, in my admittedly unskilled observation and conclusions, our injured and out of position OL was not conducive to running a Sabenesque offense, which I agree we ran. Also agree that it is clear that TOP ball control philosophy was firmly in place.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :( said:
I'm keeping my expectations low. I would rather be surprised in a good way by our offense for once.
I am trying to hold them there. With Roper here and the player comments,excited anticipation keeps steadily and slowly sneaking in.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm over this whole "progress" garbage. The learning curve is over. This is year four for god's sakes. Win and win big or go home. Geez, nothing but excuses for years for this guy.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Gator Fever;n14097 said:
" It's a total 180-degree of thought process from where we were coming from on offense," Driskel said. "Before we were going for time of possession and controlled the ball a lot. Now we want to get in as many plays as possible." That statement out of everything I heard yesterday at SEC Media days gives me some hope Muschamp has truly changed his ways concerning the offense
He has no other choice but to change. The experiment has failed and if he doesn't realize by now that the scoreboard dictates the outcome, not TOP, then he'll be a great DC somewhere this time next year. I know I've been very critical, but I do hope he can turn it around and this will have all been a learning experience for him.
Agree with both of you.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Defense... renew our MO for sacks and relentless pressure up front more than the bend don't break BS.
Offense... scripted plays that run like a movie... jab+left+body blow+right cross... D on their heals and struggling to adjust all game.
The Gators are back baby.
'nuff said.

Anger%202.jpg

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
Last time I looked we were favored by 25 over I-de-ho, I would take that but I'm more interested in our defense getting a shut out. I don't think 25 - 0 would make most of you happy.

Personally, I'd be happy with 35 - 10. But I'd really like a shut out!
We win 53 - 0!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can only wait and see if the on field performance will be enough to shut up the haters.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
I'm over this whole "progress" garbage. The learning curve is over. This is year four for god's sakes. Win and win big or go home. Geez, nothing but excuses for years for this guy.
There will be no pass, this year, if we do not have a good to great season. One has to look at all the things that have happened, however and realize that Muschamp has had some pretty bad fortune. Just the mess Meyer left and the things that we do not know about, like Meyer interfering, through his players, that were left at UF. There's no arguing with the severity of the injuries we sustained, last year, either. That, alone, would have knocked any other team off course. Muschamp must deliver, this year or it will be time to move on. Some times people just have bad luck and things don't work out. It won't be due to the lack of effort, though. I just worry about the lack of great coaches, that will be willing to leave good, comfortable jobs to come here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n14301 said:

After this year's 7-6/3-5 year, the same people will be saying it's not fair to judge Mushcramp because it's the first year in a new offense and Driskel will get better in the second year.

Then it's not fair because Grier and Neon are first year starters so we can't judge Mushcramp that year either.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator