Give Mac time

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
My statement said "competing for the SEC CG; that's competing to qualify to play in Atlanta.

I'd still think "Dump Mac" declarations ought to be accompanied by the dumper's "sure-fire" solution new HC ??
And to show "the way" out of all these now-problems, you gotta have a replacement 1) guaranteed to be better
and the 'convincer' must be that you can 2) guarantee he'll come? Provide those 2 guarantees to your pitch and
I will go along with your replacement move. Sabin would fulfill guarantee #1 but not guarantee #2.?? Harbough
may be a fine HC up there, but what guarantees his status down south? Further, what guarantee could ever be
attached to Urban Meyer for down here?

My knee-jerk reaction puts my "faith-bet" on WMU's HC Fleck being a bold replacement, yet give me the right
to fire Mac and hire Fleck and I would back out. This UF program cannot afford another step into quicksand.
Thus, I am backed into the corner of say betting on Mac winning 10-11 games in 2017, having better recruits
on the rise. IDK?? It is an awful place to be, but if you want to see worse places than us look at UT, at UGa
(they lost to us & Vandy), at LSU (lost to us, fired HC) etc.

Just tearing down something is not improving it. It's bogus to flippantly say Mac torn down would be better.
You can't only kill the present and expect the future to live the high-life.
Long winded and reasoned pump, I like it

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
My statement said "competing for the SEC CG; that's competing to qualify to play in Atlanta.

I'd still think "Dump Mac" declarations ought to be accompanied by the dumper's "sure-fire" solution new HC ??
And to show "the way" out of all these now-problems, you gotta have a replacement 1) guaranteed to be better
and the 'convincer' must be that you can 2) guarantee he'll come? Provide those 2 guarantees to your pitch and
I will go along with your replacement move. Sabin would fulfill guarantee #1 but not guarantee #2.?? Harbough
may be a fine HC up there, but what guarantees his status down south? Further, what guarantee could ever be

My knee-jerk reaction puts my "faith-bet" on WMU's HC Fleck being a bold replacement, yet give me the right
to fire Mac and hire Fleck and I would back out. This UF program cannot afford another step into quicksand.
Thus, I am backed into the corner of say betting on Mac winning 10-11 games in 2017, having better recruits
on the rise. IDK?? It is an awful place to be, but if you want to see worse places than us look at UT, at UGa

Just tearing down something is not improving it. It's bogus to flippantly say Mac torn down would be better.
getting beat. 83-31 in the SECCG is Not competing.
Why should we have to plead our case for Mac's replacement? Why don't the pumpers make a case that Mac should not be fired. You're already going to discount the solutions because no hire is a sure fire and we don't guarantee anything. We're fans. Mac can't win 10 games unless he's lucky. He went 8-4 with SOS of 31. UT and UGA have recruiting to fall back on. So this is UFs ceiling now 8-4 because at least we're not last? Smfh you're delusional.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I'm really not happy with the direction of the program. If I thought we could make a home-run hire I'd say fire Mac this afternoon. However, does anyone really think Stricklin is capable of making a home-run hire? And, even if he were capable, is the University willing to give him the funds? Look around, we could do worse than Mac (no pedophilia, no sexual scandals). It seems to me as long as the possibility exists that Mac can learn on the job, surround himself with high-quality recruiters and assistants, beat FSU and at least be competitive in the SECCG we should give Mac time.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm really not happy with the direction of the program. If I thought we could make a home-run hire I'd say fire Mac this afternoon. However, does anyone really think Stricklin is capable of making a home-run hire? And, even if he were capable, is the University willing to give him the funds? Look around, we could do worse than Mac (no pedophilia, no sexual scandals). It seems to me as long as the possibility exists that Mac can learn on the job, surround himself with high-quality recruiters and assistants, beat FSU and at least be competitive in the SECCG we should give Mac time.
You really see those possibilities, or just hope?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
getting beat. 83-31 in the SECCG is Not competing.
Why should we have to plead our case for Mac's replacement? Why don't the pumpers make a case that Mac should not be fired. You're already going to discount the solutions because no hire is a sure fire and we don't guarantee anything. We're fans. Mac can't win 10 games unless he's lucky. He went 8-4 with SOS of 31. UT and UGA have recruiting to fall back on. So this is UFs ceiling now 8-4 because at least we're not last? Smfh you're delusional.

Again, my statement was not about our being competitive in the SEC CG against Alabama. UF competed in
the standard way to represent the SEC-East Division in that SEC CG. Yes, that's as far as we went, but all the
other schools' teams did not get that far. The league honored UF's HC for achieving more with less = SEC COY.
All that much is better than not accomplishing any of that.??

If Spurrier offered to be our new HC, I would lead the insistence that Mac get lost. Also, I'd boot Mac if I
received one application from an HC whom I was confident in at bettering UF football.

Omar, all that I'm suggesting with my posts is that Mac-slammers should proffer the "deal" that brings us a
solidly sure improving replacement for dumped Mac or dumped Forkosky or Blirubin, anybody dumped?
Say you're our AD, you would not fire an HC with no better prospects in contact. ?? Just add that piece to
your "dump-Mac" argument somewhere along the line, just once or twice. I'm ready & willing to be convinced.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
So Treon and AC81 problems didn't make the news? Mac has killed you guy's expectations to thinking this is all we can do. Hello its not. We've had coaches who could coach and recruit the moment they walk in the door. You have to go get them and I Guarantee you when the boosters quit giving money and fans don't go to games the funds will be opened up. UF needs to act like an SEC football power and not Harvard.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Again, my statement was not about our being competitive in the SEC CG against Alabama. UF competed in
the standard way to represent the SEC-East Division in that SEC CG. Yes, that's as far as we went, but all the
other schools' teams did not get that far. The league honored UF's HC for achieving more with less = SEC COY.

If Spurrier offered to be our new HC, I would lead the insistence that Mac get lost. Also, I'd boot Mac if I
received one application from an HC whom I was confident in at bettering UF football.

Omar, all that I'm suggesting with my posts is that Mac-slammers should proffer the "deal" that brings us a
solidly sure improving replacement for dumped Mac or dumped Forkosky or Blirubin, anybody dumped?
Say you're our AD, you would not fire an HC with no better prospects in contact. ?? Just add that piece to
your "dump-Mac" argument somewhere along the line, just once or twice. I'm ready & willing to be convinced.
We don't know who would want the job until it's offered. WM won the SECCOTY too. It's not that big of an award. Why shouldn't Mac be fired?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Pic any coach with say a top 50 offense, how's that?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

This is what many don't realize. This is the reality and while nobody is happy with where we are.. we would rather take small steps forward then another big step back.

Unless you can guarantee a new coach will come here and upgrade recruiting it isn't worth the risk. The truth is that with a QB this offense will score points. If we can show that then recruiting should improve. Especially if we upgrade the staff by adding Locksley. I also don't put much faith in Mac saying no staff changes. He isn't going to announce that as an answer to a question in a press conference. He is going to control that message.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why?
Our offensive line will be a little better, we've got 2 decent RB's and a couple of capable WR's....... We've also got no QB, plain and simple.......Until we've got a guy who is a legitimate threat throwing the ball it will stunt the growth of the other position groups.

I think one of the freshman will be good. Not sure if they will be great, but will be better than anything we have had for a while

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Juniors and seniors on OL. More experienced WR. Two good RBs. I believe/hope on PF the freshman QBs steps up and plays well.
So u hope it'll be better
We all hope, but I'll believe it when I see it because this staff hasn't shown me squat

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So u hope it'll be better
We all hope

Of course, but I also think it will. I think one of those two freshman will be good enough, but of course I have no proof they are any good as I haven't seen them play or practice

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I saw an offense that scored points on the best D in the country when the QB played well. That makes me think the talent is there and the QB is the key.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I saw an offense that scored points on the best D in the country when the QB played well. That makes me think the talent is there and the QB is the key.

We averaged I think less than 1 yard a carry against Bama. We were outmatched big time in that game.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
A broke clock is right twice a day.
Calling Del limp arm or Apple butter talented is an insult to players with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator