Harbaugh on Cowherd with a painfully awkward interview...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is a weirdo and space cadet and gives strange interviews, but compared to Harbaugh he's downright personable. Harbaugh looks like a deer in the headlights when talking to the media. He looks like he's on drugs. I remember watching his final 49ers press conference and thinking how bizarre the dude is.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n241939 said:
He's a great coach but very oddly he became a really bad coach when he left UF. That's the part that is always ignored by his loyal fans. It's not like everyone had sour grapes because he had us on the top of the college football world an inexplicably abandoned us. He let the program collapse to **** and took the money and ran.

You'll have to blame Foley for that one. He didn't want to coach here anymore, he made it clear he needed to leave, and he resigned - which he had every right to do. Foley BEGGED him to come back and "simply" delegate his responsibilities. Nothing worse than hiring a guy who doesn't want to be there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n242233 said:
Meyer DID win two NC's for our Gators, right? Sometimes I think that gets forgotten in all the hate and butthurt.

I don't know or hate Meyer. I don't believe his style is for long sustained success, and I believe he picks and choses where and when he will coach. I won't forget the 2 NC's he won here. I don't know if Harbaugh will stay at UM long but I believe his presence there will have a profound and overall negative effect on Meyer's stay at OSU.Is that better? Can we still be friends?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJB;n242239 said:
Concrete, Meyer is a great coach, always has been. And I think that he is an even better coach now that he has seemingly learned from his mistakes while at UF. Harbaugh is a really good coach too, but as of right now, it doesn't seem like he is on Meyer's level. Time will tell, but until then trying to convince people otherwise is pretty pointless. Only hopeful Michigan fans agree with you right now.

Agree with most of that. Harbaugh is at a HUGE disadvantage with where Michigan is at now. I believe winning in the NFL is harder than CFB so I'm not sure I would say Harbaugh is not on Meyer's level coaching wise.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n242274 said:
Agree with most of that. Harbaugh is at a HUGE disadvantage with where Michigan is at now. I believe winning in the NFL is harder than CFB so I'm not sure I would say Harbaugh is not on Meyer's level coaching wise.

Winning in the NFL isn't any harder than college. They both require good players and good coaching. The NFL differs in drafting well and signing the right free agents while college requires solid recruiting. Harbaugh has done well at both levels, but he's never won it all at either, while Meyer has done it 3 times at 2 different schools...one with a 3rd string QB. The only active coaches comparable to Meyer are Saban and Belichick...the rest are just wannabes at this point in time. Except, of course, the great Bilemma. :lol:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n242293 said:
Winning in the NFL isn't any harder than college. They both require good players and good coaching. The NFL differs in drafting well and signing the right free agents while college requires solid recruiting. Harbaugh has done well at both levels, but he's never won it all at either, while Meyer has done it 3 times at 2 different schools...one with a 3rd string QB. The only active coaches comparable to Meyer are Saban and Belichick...the rest are just wannabes at this point in time. Except, of course, the great Bilemma. :lol:

Wouldn't Carroll also be up there on the list of great active football coaches?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n242308 said:
No, have to have at least 3 titles.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete helmet is right on this one. You guys need to back off.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Man, when I left this thing yesterday there were 4 posts... come back now and it is close to 90! Well done. Nothing like some Urban Meyer talk in a thread about Harbaugh to fan the flames :-)

I can't imagine anyway somebody can deny that Urban Meyer is one of the best coaches of our generation. I don't like the way Urban left UF. I think he had a couple bad recruiting classes and even he slacked on offensive line recruiting in his last year, but when the guy is fully engaged he is absolutely one of the best in the business. He has shown he can recruit and the 2008 team was pretty much all him.

Do I think he is a guy of integrity... hell no, but he has beat Saban twice in playoff games (I consider 2008 SEC Championship a playoff) and he is unbeaten in NC games (3 of them!). His record stands for itself.

I do think Harbaugh will improve Michigan, but I am not sure that he will overtake Meyer. Meyer right now is running a recruiting machine and getting a lot of talent (just like Saban does). Good college coaches are great recruiters, that fact stands for every college coach, nobody wins championships without talent and when you are a coach you own the evaluation and growth of the talent that you can bring in.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

I'd say yes, and I hate that basturd too....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I cant help but remember the celebrations at the swamp shortly after we won the 2 NCs and everyone loved Urban and thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. How soon some forget just how great it felt to be on top. I dont like how it ended with him but I will always appreciate what he brought us.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ATXGator;n242315 said:
Man, when I left this thing yesterday there were 4 posts... come back now and it is close to 90! Well done
You're welcome.....:lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n242310 said:
Concrete helmet is right on this one. You guys need to back off.

th

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Wasn't his lone BCS stripped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.