Harbaugh to Michigan - expected announcement on Tuesday

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139409 said:
I hold out hope for Mac but this statement could also be applied here and now to UF. At least their AD took a swing for the fences. It took a lot of balls and it's probably now or never like you said.

We are no where close to where Michigan is right now. Michigan is in a tail spin, now if we kept Muschamp for another year we would start that decent. But Michigan has had issues for decades, we have had issues for 5 years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TheDouglas78;n139411 said:
We are no where close to where Michigan is right now. Michigan is in a tail spin, now if we kept Muschamp for another year we would start that decent. But Michigan has had issues for decades, we have had issues for 5 years.

Agree but we also play in a conference that doesn't guarantee 6 or 7 wins every year. I bet UT fans never thought they would be down for as long as they've been either. We're standing pretty close to the edge if you ask me.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139428 said:
Agree but we also play in a conference that doesn't guarantee 6 or 7 wins every year. I bet UT fans never thought they would be down for as long as they've been either. We're standing pretty close to the edge if you ask me.

When was the last time Tennesse was relevent, 1998/1999. They are currently on the Michigan plan. Michigan is a team stuggling to 6/7 wins in a conference that guarantee's 6/7 wins. We are a team that went 6-5 that only guarantees 3/4 wins. There is a huge difference in the two. I'm not saying that if McElwain is a bad hire, we are not where Michigan was when they were firing Rich Rod. But Michigan and Tennesse have been be inept for over a decade compared to the standards we have here.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n139330 said:
God, you're so predictable. It is funny to see your posts. Perma-owned. Like I said, you just can't help yourself.

Sasquatch said he would eat his shoes if Harbaugh went to Michigan. Are you going to prepare them all nice or is it going to be Tartare?

I'll put some of those tears you cry all the time on my shoes, that should moisten them up a bit and make digestion easier.

Regardless, there's no reason he should have ever ended up back at that dumpster fire. 49ers front office is a bunch of numbskulls for letting him get away, and Harbaugh's going to get bored in a hurry at Michigan when he realizes that that program is finished. We're talking Tennessee/Nebraska finished. Used to be relevant, now nobody wants to go there because the location is garbage and winning titles in the 60s doesn't hold weight anymore.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n139484 said:
I'll put some of those tears you cry all the time on my shoes, that should moisten them up a bit and make digestion easier.

And scene...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n139469 said:
When was the last time Tennesse was relevent, 1998/1999. They are currently on the Michigan plan. Michigan is a team stuggling to 6/7 wins in a conference that guarantee's 6/7 wins. We are a team that went 6-5 that only guarantees 3/4 wins. There is a huge difference in the two. I'm not saying that if McElwain is a bad hire, we are not where Michigan was when they were firing Rich Rod. But Michigan and Tennesse have been be inept for over a decade compared to the standards we have here.

Dude we are a team struggling to win 6 or 7 wins

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n139495 said:
Dude we are a team struggling to win 6 or 7 wins

Apparently you didn't fully read the context of what I said, and just jumped on a statement comparing Michigan and the Big 10. I guess you think the competition in the Big 10 and SEC are equal.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So it looks like the contract is 5 mil a year plus incentives and harbaugh has complete control. Doesn't sound thAt expensive anymore.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n139520 said:
So it looks like the contract is 5 mil a year plus incentives and harbaugh has complete control. Doesn't sound thAt expensive anymore.

That is something Foley wouldn't give up.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n139563 said:
Complete control of what exactly?

Assistants and their salaries if I had to guess...there's probably some GPA exceptions involved as well for incoming freshmen.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget the value of "new recruiting" that Harbaugh will bring. What better insurance of winning rise ?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n139566 said:
Assistants and their salaries if I had to guess...there's probably some GPA exceptions involved as well for incoming freshmen.

I would say organizational structure and other things like Pell did in the late 70's. Michigan's problems are just in the football coaching staff, but organizationally.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan interim athletic director Jim Hackett confirmed that Harbaugh signed a seven-year deal worth $5 million per year -- the same salary he received with the Niners.

Edit: I'm curious to hear what the Harbaugh naysayers think about him getting $5 mill per year. How does the hire look now?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n139603 said:
Michigan interim athletic director Jim Hackett confirmed that Harbaugh signed a seven-year deal worth $5 million per year -- the same salary he received with the Niners.

Edit: I'm curious to hear what the Harbaugh naysayers think about him getting $5 mill per year. How does the hire look now?

It looks more in line with a normal college salary.

I can't speak for everyone else that was questioning the hire, only my personal thoughts. I never said it was a bad hire nor that Harbaugh is a bad coach. I simply questioned whether or not he was worth the rumored $8 million and the answer to that is still an emphatic no.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n139603 said:

I think he is a great coach, just weither he was worth $8 Million a year over a long contract at 6 years. You make it $5 million a year will make him a tied for 5th highest paid coach. It makes a lot more sense, especially if you are going to give him organizational control.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n139611 said:
It looks more in line with a normal college salary.

I can't speak for everyone else that was questioning the hire, only my personal thoughts. I never said it was a bad hire nor that Harbaugh is a bad coach. I simply questioned whether or not he was worth the rumored $8 million and the answer to that is still an emphatic no.

Good hire at $5m. No one is worth $8m per year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator