Harbaugh to Michigan - expected announcement on Tuesday

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139322 said:
Wrong again...my argument was that it is an advantage to take a "medical" rather than a redshirt because it is easier to be granted a 6th year in the event a player needed it later on....

The only way you can even get a 6th year is if you have a normal redshirt in the first place. You then have to have a season-ending injury early in a season to get a medical redshirt, and if that takes place after you've already used your normal redshirt, you can get a 6th season. It's really not that hard to grasp.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n139325 said:
You're right. Can you imagine going 7-6 with a bowl win over a 6-6 Texas team in only your second year?!?! We shoulda just wrote a blank check.

Believe it or not Arky will most likely be a better team than us or most any other team in the SEC for the next few years.....

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139327 said:
Believe it or not Arky will most likely be a better team than us or most any other team in the SEC for the next few years.....

RRnhhqW.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n139210 said:
Predictability, thy name is T REX. :lol:

God, you're so predictable. It is funny to see your posts. Perma-owned. Like I said, you just can't help yourself.

Sasquatch said he would eat his shoes if Harbaugh went to Michigan. Are you going to prepare them all nice or is it going to be Tartare?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n139326 said:
The only way you can even get a 6th year is if you have a normal redshirt in the first place. You then have to have a season-ending injury early in a season to get a medical redshirt, and if that takes place If McGee or Virginia have documentation that he was indeed injured as a freshman it could bode well for his case to be able to return next seasonafter you've already used your normal redshirt, you can get a 6th season. It's really not that hard to grasp.
It is astounding that you and others never did or deny it to be asses. So for your reading pleasure read this and wallow in your wrongness.
"If McGee or Virginia have documentation that he was indeed injured as a freshman it could bode well for his case to be able to return next season"
In other words Capt. Dufess had he taken a "medical hardship waiver" or medical redshirt this would not even be under consideration. The fact that he took a regular redshirt when he was at Virginia puts the whole thing in jeopardy.....I don't know why you of all people don't understand that Will Grier was reported having back spasms would not be beneficial to him or UF if he were injured later on in his eligibility. It would almost assure a 6th year....You may apologize at any time....for being wrong again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n139282 said:
Is any college coach worth $8m a year other than Saban? I've yet to see them.

And Saban is making only 7.16 after bonuses.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TheDouglas78;n139353 said:
And Saban is making only 7.16 after bonuses.

But we don't know what he makes under the table. Wasn't it reported not too long ago that boosters paid off his 3 million dollar home. At any rate now that 8 million is out of the bag for Harbaugh it won't be long before we see it elsewhere.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n139007 said:
No Law is the one who said this.

Gatoravatara;n138810 said:
As I was saying wobble...... I don't see why people are all up in arms because people have different opinions on a sports forum. It was obvious to me that alot of people were not going to be in love with some of the hires, especially since expectations seem to be set so high. People were originally talking about Stoops, Kelly, and then later Freeze. They were saying that this hire would blow us away and unite the Gator Nation. That did not happen, and the subsequent OC/DC hires did not impress. So most people are in a wait and see mode. Personally, I think we should allow coach Mac to run things his way, even if we do not understand the hires. Its his team and we should support him as he tries to rebuild the Gators. But I also think we should allow people with different opinions to express their views as well. I mean, this thread kinda started with us rolling our eyes at Michigan for thinking they could get Harbaugh to leave the NFL, and there was another thread talking about how much worse they are then we are. Now that they have gotten their guy and made the big splash hire, we now should not talk about it?

I think Law is right about Foley. The game has passed him by and he is stuck in the past playing catch up. Head coaches at elite programs no longer make $3.5MM. Even coaches at middle programs don't make $3.5MM. Nobody is going to leave a decent situation to come to Florida without major bucks like they used to. In the new landscape of college football, being cheap is a program killer.

So you didn't say even coaches in the middle don't make 3.5 million, when only 15 out of 128 last year, and currently 17 out of 128 this year will make 3.5 or more?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n139010 said:
I am just shocked that it is even controversial to say that we do not have the best facilities and that we do not pay top dollar for coaches. I guarantee you if in 4 years from now our facilities were the top of the line and we paid a top 3 salary, when Coach Mac goes to the NFL we would be in a good position to get the top coach out there.

Of the coaches playing for a championship, are Saban 7.16 Million (1st), Meyer 4.53 (6th), Fisher 3.59 (14th) and Helfrich 2.00 (51st). Having a good coach matters, but they have to earn that pay. Facilities wise, there was in upgrade in the mid-late 00's and we are due for some upgrades currently on the football side.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n139326 said:
The only way you can even get a 6th year is if you have a normal redshirt in the first place. You then have to have a season-ending injury early in a season to get a medical redshirt, and if that takes place after you've already used your normal redshirt, you can get a 6th season. It's really not that hard to grasp.

Wrong
Old man Debose had two medical red shirts.
You have to have two years with debilitating injuries to qualify for a 6th year.
I can't believe your on the wrong side of a red shirt argument with CH

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139355 said:
But we don't know what he makes under the table. Wasn't it reported not too long ago that boosters paid off his 3 million dollar home. At any rate now that 8 million is out of the bag for Harbaugh it won't be long before we see it elsewhere.

And what every coach gets under the table... all get something. $8 Million is out of the bag, but we will see if it is a good investiment or not. If $8 Million gets them fanfare and a bunch of middling bowl games is it worth it?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, take the redshirt argument to a new thread. I encourage it. Would be entertaining as hell.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n139361 said:
Guys, take the redshirt argument to a new thread. I encourage it. Would be entertaining as hell.
Okay, I already did it. Concrete, take it away.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TheDouglas78;n139360 said:
And what every coach gets under the table... all get something. $8 Million is out of the bag, but we will see if it is a good investiment or not. If $8 Million gets them fanfare and a bunch of middling bowl games is it worth it?

Not at all. I do think what is lost is that it is Michigan we are talking about here. I believe they are the winningest CFB program of all time. They have to take a huge risk and they're really isn't anyone else out there who would be any better IMO.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139392 said:
Not at all. I do think what is lost is that it is Michigan we are talking about here. I believe they are the winningest CFB program of all time. They have to take a huge risk and they're really isn't anyone else out there who would be any better IMO.

If Harbaugh returns them to prominence then he's worth every penny. It's worth the risk. He's won everywhere he's been and he'll win there. It's a no brainer for them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139392 said:

That is the main issue, they haven't been truly relevent in the national scene in almost 20 years. They have to swing and swing big or be lost in the changing environment of college football. We talk about how bad the last 4 years have been, the last time Michigan was in the top five was 2006. The last time they play for/won a National Title was 1997. They are a team that isn't just a former powerhouse who is middling, they are a team that is a former powerhouse who is sinking. As mentioned before the economic and cultural factors are moving away from the area, and they need a National splash to get their recruiting up and their name recongination up. This isn't the Michigan most of us grew up with, this is Michigan in name alone. Michigan already spends more on scholarships than any other public university in the Nation. They have to do something, or the brand is going to turn in to Purdue/Indiana/Illinios for the forseeable future.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n139399 said:
If Harbaugh returns them to prominence then he's worth every penny. It's worth the risk. He's won everywhere he's been and he'll win there. It's a no brainer for them.

They have to take a shot, but it is a huge risk. If he returns them to prominence then it is worth, if not, it's a huge swing and a miss. But unlike Stanford and the 49ers, there are more factors going against him. But he did do well at San Diego State, but the difference is expectations.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TheDouglas78;n139402 said:
They have to swing and swing big or be lost in the changing environment of college football
I hold out hope for Mac but this statement could also be applied here and now to UF. At least their AD took a swing for the fences. It took a lot of balls and it's probably now or never like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.